Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi guys. I have looked through the threads but cannot find this discussion. I love vaping, and always use a dripper. I am recovering from a bad injury and so don't work. I have cut my vaping down to 10 puffs every hour cos I was vaping all day and this made me so short of breath I struggle walking up and down stairs. I have only been cutting down for a few days and my chest is still bad. Swapping all that fresh air for vapour is the problem but has anybody else suffered from this? Thanks loads guys.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Yeah. I had a traumatic brain injury. Luckily enough, I have recovered almost fully from not being able to walk and talk. Ditched the cigs and love the vape. Did weigh 120 lbs now weigh 160. Thought that may impact but not this bad. Now I hit the treadmill but can barely do a jog for 5 min. BTW, no meds thank god. I feel worse than when I used to smoke, but I havn't really swapped 'em cos I vape so much more than I used to smoke. I've cut down from like 15 ml a day to like 7 ml. Dodgy. Thanks

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I would see a doctor about this asap. Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing that came on suddenly and won't go away is nothing to mess around with, especially since you have said you suffered a bad injury recently, that is all the more reason to seek medical attention now for this.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Ok. Cheers guys. I'll book an appointment. So are you saying that no matter how much and how often you vape, it does not effect your lungs? Because it seems that every lungfull of vapour could be just nice air. Thanks. I make my own juice so il try 100 percent vg. When I started vaping and used to use like 10 ml every 4 days I felt fine. Weird

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
There's no doubt, vaping will leave you short winded.
I have COPD, from smoking way to much I'd say. Vaping leaves me short of breath, maybe more so than smoking BUT I do vape about 10ml per day.
Medicine helps the COPD greatly , Spiriva and Ventollin , though I don't take the meds every day.

Reactions: bcme

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Please consult your Doctor ASAP but in the meantime, Do you do direct lung hits or mouth to lung hits? From what I have been reading lately it seems this comes up fairly often 'specially with those vaping high VG e-liquid and doing direct lung hits.

Since you DIY your e-liquid you may want to play around with your pg/vg %'s, I would recommend a 50/50 mix and if you do deep lung hits you may want to do mouth to lung or just mouth hits. You will still get your nic without pulling it into your lungs. HTH

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks for your help guys. I know its silly but I find that straight lung hits are so satisfying, because of the great plumes and also, my drippers have wide bore tips that make it very difficult to mouth inhale. I really hope its just the vg. I make 70/30 vg, and I hope I can cut the vg and still do direct lung inhales. Thanks for your help.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Hi guys. I have looked through the threads but cannot find this discussion. I love vaping, and always use a dripper. I am recovering from a bad injury and so don't work. I have cut my vaping down to 10 puffs every hour cos I was vaping all day and this made me so short of breath I struggle walking up and down stairs. I have only been cutting down for a few days and my chest is still bad. Swapping all that fresh air for vapour is the problem but has anybody else suffered from this? Thanks loads guys.
Vaping can give you shortness of breath I can hear it in vape reviewers and I also have the problem myself sometimes.. My best advice is cutting your nic level down and you should be fine. Maybe buy some nicotine gum. It taste better these days. Mixed berry is tasty. Oh and start using a tank. not an RBA. RBA's to me always give me a little burn from the cotton towards the end of every coil and i always find myself inhaling cotton burn , just a little bit. Tanks never give me problems.

Reactions: bcme

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Oh, one more thing. I have lots of bottles of 70/30 vg pg juice in 10 ml bottles already. Is there a good way to adapt these for a higher concentration of pg or will I just have to throw them? Thanks again.
If you DIY dilute your base nic down to whatever nic level your juice is and add that to the 30/70. That way you are keeping the nic level the same while changing the % of PG to VG.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sounds like you may have an onset of Pneumonia.
Definitely recommend a Doctor visit.

I've been off work since Feb with a debilitating shoulder/arm/hand injury(nerve damage) and actually suffered since April 2014.
Can't walk any distance, steps are a pain and any reaching/grasping is out of the question.
Topped it off with a Hernia operation last Wed. so yea, the body can really feel like a wreck..............but is is not necessarily Vape related.
Up to 15/20ml day and rarely feel any kind of side effects and I only weigh 128lbs.

Yes, I know it is a lot, but even at my normal 3/5ml I have not been able to rest due to pain and am awake 18/20hrs. a day with little else I can do.

See your Doctor and get some solid answers soon!
Best of luck and Glad you have made such a recovery. I had a friend that had to fight the same type of injury. Family said good-bye's and disconnected him.....but he chose to keep fighting and woke up 6 months later. Recovery took a few years.

Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread