Mech mod safety - batteries, coils and everything you need to know to be an educated and safe vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
No such thing as a stupid question when it comes to battery safety especially, or anything else really. And.....you can bet that someone else will usually benefit from the answer too. That's why I encourage folks, if you ask something then find the answer. Add the answer to the post but leave the question up. Don't delete it.

as the resident and official village idiot here in Reoville, i second that there is no such thing as a stupid question

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I second the accolades, this video went a long way towards my getting a couple of mech mods when it came out!

I have viewed all your videos, even though I don't plan on a REO (yet!). They are clear, to the point, and explain the subject matter in a way that is easy for us newer vaper's to grasp.

I was on the fence with all of the information available as well as some of the counter information (rocking a .16 build on my mech and it chucks vapor!:nah:) so seeing this laid out in a video format really helped me build a safe set of coils and know what the result would be when done.

I still don't understand how some can just tell a new vaper to wrap 6 turns of 26g around a 1/8 drill bit. Without an ohm meter, how do you know you don't have a direct short?

I had a build I was trying on a VV/VW that developed a hot leg, one of the screws backed out on the addy. That was a hit I never want to replicate again!

Nice job!

Thanks,
Sean

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I second the accolades, this video went a long way towards my getting a couple of mech mods when it came out!

I have viewed all your videos, even though I don't plan on a REO (yet!). They are clear, to the point, and explain the subject matter in a way that is easy for us newer vaper's to grasp.

I was on the fence with all of the information available as well as some of the counter information (rocking a .16 build on my mech and it chucks vapor!:nah:) so seeing this laid out in a video format really helped me build a safe set of coils and know what the result would be when done.

I still don't understand how some can just tell a new vaper to wrap 6 turns of 26g around a 1/8 drill bit. Without an ohm meter, how do you know you don't have a direct short?

I had a build I was trying on a VV/VW that developed a hot leg, one of the screws backed out on the addy. That was a hit I never want to replicate again!

Nice job!

Thanks,
Sean
Thank you brother. Killer props. I like it. That's what motivates me to make these things :)

I personally find anything less than 8 winds to be nearly impossible to remove hot legs on when building in the 1.6 - 2.0mm inside diameter range.

Reactions: kkay59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread