Need Some Help with Batteries for Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
So I have a little bit of confusion re: batteries for a mech mod. I currently use vv/ww devices (SVD and a Vamo V5). I have finally ordered my first mech after reading tons of information about mech mods. I understand ohms law, the whole concept of mechs, etc. What I need help on is batteries. There seem to be so many options and I'm a little lost. On my current devices I use the Panasonic/Orbtronics 18650 CGR18650CH 3.7 volt Li-on 2250mah.

What I'm not sure is if these would be okay to use on my mech (H-cigar Nemesis clone). These batteries are rated at 10Amps and I know there are 20 and 30 Amp batteries that would be safer. I don't plan to sub-ohm anytime soon. I'm just getting into the whole RBA/RDA thing. If I keep my coils over 1.5 ohms I should be okay, right?

If these batteries are not suitable then what do I look for? Am I right in understanding that Li-Mn batteries use "safe chemistry" and are therefore "unprotected"? The AW is the one most people say is the best, but I'm not sure of the Amp rating.

I just don't know if I'm making this harder than it needs to be, but I want the safest option possible.

So, what do I look for in a good battery for a mech mod, in other words, what do I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have in a battery for maximum safety in my mech.

[h=1][/h]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread