Melted dotmod chuff cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace66

Aug 23, 2016
So I recently acquired a Triade DNA200 and I noticed it doesnt turn off. Getting home from work It accidentally fired inside my bag where my batteries and charger was and as I opened the bag I noticed that the plastic part of the dotmod petri v2 chuff cap expanded to the point that it doesnt fit anymore. Are there any solutions to this besides having to purchase a new one?

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
So I recently acquired a Triade DNA200 and I noticed it doesnt turn off.

I can't help with your melted chuff cap, but the DNA200 device should go into "locked mode" (modern electronic devices are never truly "off" as long as the battery is connected) with five clicks* of the fire button.

*This number can be edited to your preference in the eScribe software interface.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
So I recently acquired a Triade DNA200 and I noticed it doesnt turn off. Getting home from work It accidentally fired inside my bag where my batteries and charger was and as I opened the bag I noticed that the plastic part of the Dotmod petri v2 chuff cap expanded to the point that it doesnt fit anymore. Are there any solutions to this besides having to purchase a new one?
I've edited mine to lock with 4 clicks but maybe you forgot to lock it. However doesn't the mod power down if not used?

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I've edited mine to lock with 4 clicks but maybe you forgot to lock it. However doesn't the mod power down if not used?
it will power down, but if button is pushed will power back up - locking it prevents it from accidentally firing, even after power down

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
it will power down, but if button is pushed will power back up - locking it prevents it from accidentally firing, even after power down
Ah, I overlooked that. I just lock it instinctively every time I'm done with a few puffs before it goes back in my pocket. Am paranoid about it firing in there.

Reactions: dcfluegel

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Pretty much the same happened to me except it was my smoke box in my pocket that pressed the fire button once I'd sat down. I jumped up pretty quick when I felt a hot spot develop on my leg (the left one not the middle) and found the drip tip on my Tron S tank had melted and gotten a bit smaller. Luckily I was able to find slightly larger O rings to make it fit properly again. Just goes to show smoking and vaping shouldn't be mixed.

You won't get far trying to soften and make the old one fit again but you can always try. A heat gun might do it along with some gloves and a hope and prayer. If it is only slightly too large then a bit of sandpaper might do the trick. However before you start I'd suggest ordering a new one anyway.

Reactions: dcfluegel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread