Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I have been vaping for almost 4 months now. Ever since I picked up my first clearo that took a 510 drip tip, I've been hunting for the perfect one for me. For the last month or so I’ve been dripping exclusively and have had too much heartache with every “wide bore” drip tip that I pick up. It seems that every one that I own has a “juice catcher” lip inside where it tapers to fit inside the top cap.

Is it just me, or is this a common annoyance? Does everyone just cope with it and pull their tip to blow it out every so often?

Which leads me to my next question: Is there a better option?

Are there drip tips that do not have a taper/lip inside and keep a “wide bore” all the way thru? I'm not interested in replacing the top cap on any of my attys. (even though I have been eyeballing the Chuff Enuff “Drip Top Caps” Chuff Enuff Drip Tops | Coval Vapes, I just can't justify spending that amount on something I can only use on one atty) .

I’m looking for a universal solution for all of my RDAs, tanks, and any future purchases I may make. I'm not looking for a “drill out your top cap and put in a solid delrin tube”, or “dremel out the lip inside the tip so it drips back down”. I'm also not looking for the cheap “copper tapers” that people have been using from home depot. Also, PLEASE, no fasttech links. I don’t want to wait a month to get a $2 clone. I’ll gladly pay more for something in the good ‘ol USA.

Any suggestions?

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I have a couple of drip tips but my favorite wide bore tip is the Vape Smith Goblet. It doesn't have the lip that you are describing. More like a funnel. Here's an image for you to get an idea...

royal-goblet-drip-tips.jpg

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I've also been wanting to try the Chuff Drip Tops for my Tobh... but like you $25 regulated to one of my devices only... idk. I've played with the Cherry Vapes CC's in person... they're nice! Not my style visually, but they function like a dream!

When i first saw them on reddit a while back I was determined i was going to get them. Then they were released and i saw the price tag. Awesome theory, just not worth it to me to dedicate myself to one to two attys. I like variety in builds and that changes with whatever atty I want to buy lol. Plus, I can't justify spending more on the cap than I spent on the atty :laugh:

Also, long ago, I used to practice form > function (when I was in the car scene and had a slammed wrx). Now, I realize with vaping that function > form 9 times out of 10. That's why the Cherry Vapes seem perfect!

TomGeorge

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Buffalo/Rochester
Well, it looks like the Cherry Vapes Cloud Chasers are my best bet. Exactly what I'm looking for in terms of wide bore all the way thru.

I happen to have about 10 of the Vapelyfe tips. They are part of my frustration with the "juice catcher" effect they have.

If you do get one, let us know what you think, please!

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
The wide bore selled with the Origen v2 doesn't have this lip.

Though I only use Teflon or Delrin drip tips nowadays. Less fashionable but so much more comfortable than metal or "classic" plastic.
Most importantly they isolate your lips from the heat.
Then Teflon is very agreable on your lips, very soft material and also liquid tends to glide on it.
And both don't hurt your teeth if you make a sudden movement.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Also, long ago, I used to practice form > function (when I was in the car scene and had a slammed wrx). Now, I realize with vaping that function > form 9 times out of 10. That's why the Cherry Vapes seem perfect!
Oh man i am with you there! Got rid of my VW CC that was fully tucking stretched 19's, on coils without helpers... riding axle on frame in the front lol. I just got tired of having a heart attack any time i had to travel a road i didn't know like the back of my hand. Traded it in for a fully stock GTI. That said i do like my shiny mods and attys lol. The CV tip is very nice... it feels good in the mouth (ugh, that's not right) and it will def drip through like a beast. My local B&M has a new shipment incoming and i'll def be picking up a black one. (white gets lip crud stuck to it too obviously lol)

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
FTR if you have to chose between teflon and delrin:

Teflon feels way better on your lips, velvet like (yes it sounds weird). But it will deform easily if your mod falls on the drip tip.
White only, and very very white compared to delrin which looks a bit like ivory.

Delrin is much more durable, still much more agreeable than metal or plastic in your mouth.
It seems to be cheaper that teflon. Both have about the same heat isolation afaik.

Here are some of the teflon DT i own, french ones so i don't know if they're easy to obtain internationally. They're nice and some of them are very wide :
Drip Tip Téflon n 2 Vaponaute type 510 : Taklope

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Updating this, since i finally pulled the trigger on the Cherry Vapes tip. It came yesterday and I immediately put it on my Plume Veil clone and so far, it's doing exactly what i wanted it to do. No juice tray inside it and it lets me get a nice solid hit without restriction. Definitely worth the $10 for performance. Aesthetics on the other hand, I'm not a fan of the shape, but nowadays, I'm all about function > form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread