RDA Metal or glass drip tip for Velocity v2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Does anyone know of a threaded drop in replacement for the wide bore drip tip on the Velocity v2 clone? I don't care for plastic or delrin drip tips, for years all I used was aluminum or metal drip tips and with delrin as soon as they heat up I all I can taste is plastic. I tried the 510 adapter, it's a little better but still not as good as 100% metal.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
So after looking around and coming up empty handed for metal or glass drip tips, I figured the next best thing was DIY. I just took a cap from a cheap Kennedy clone and drilled air holes into it. You do lose your adjustable air flow, but the flavor is better imo. I only run the bottom two direct air holes anyway so it's not a huge deal.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I haven't been able to find one, but if you can download a free CAD software and take measurements of the existing.

You could in theory design your own and get it 3D printed at shapeways in stainless.
The only problem doing this is getting the thread pitch (spacing between threads) 100%. If it is off slightly, you will have major issues screwing/unscrewing, especially with a harder material such as steel. If people are interested in trying something like this, I could probably do a 3D scan of my Velocity2 drip tip and get precise measurements at work. I probably can't provide an stl (3D image), since our scanning software is dentistry related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread