RDA SMOK Skyhook Drip Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

6stringsNvape

Mar 30, 2017
Hi all, new here, looking forward to a lot of learning.

Recently I picked up a smok Skyhook. Works wonderfully, my only qualm with it is the drip tip seems to pop off with very little horizontal force, sometimes pops off in the car, etc.

The manual says it comes with a Delrin wide bore drip tip. I'm newer to these kinds of devices, so any suggestions out there about after-market tips that would fit this guy?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I use this old trick on my mouthpieces...........when they are loose and keep falling out.................I take a piece of paper towel or napkin and wrap it around

the loose mouth piece and insert the mouthpiece back into the hole.........this makes it fit tite..........I then drip a little ejuice on the exposed paper and take

a little pin and slowly scratch away the mushy exposed paper until I cannot see any paper on the out side or the inside.......this will stay tite for months......

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Thanks @thetrucker

With these type of wide bore drip tips, are there such things as adapters for other drip tips? Curious how that would hit with a smaller radius'd tip.
Sometimes there are atomizers that come with provisions that allow you to use a wide bore tip that is included or your own drip tip......but generally if the

atomizer comes with the wide bore only then you probably cannot use anything else.....................you could try adapting a smaller diameter tip to your bigger hole

but that would have to be a do it yourself job and not a factory made to fit piece........you could get a rubber washer or similar item and sand/grind it down

to fit the hole and then drill out the center of the washer to accept a smaller diameter drip tip..just to see what the draw would be like..I would not vape too long .with a rubber washer near my mouth but just to see what it's like it would not hurt anything.........but again this is all experimenting and tinkering........

you could google and look for an adapter that possibly......could be altered from another atomizer.........

6stringsNvape

Mar 30, 2017
@Mel Durham , I haven't done any real searching on adapters for the top piece of the plastic that sits under where the 18mm tip connects to. However, I ordered this from MyFreedomSmokes:

Tobeco TFV8 Resin Drip Tip

It definitely sits in the device much better than the stock tip, but so far that's the best I've found, and doesn't get disconnected as easily from any impact from the side (sitting in the cup holder in a car, etc).

If anyone out there knows of adapters for 18mm wide/810 threaded tips, that might be the solution.

Otherwise I think the only possibility is talking to someone with a 3D printer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread