Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Sculpteo highly recommended. I got my BRD unit from shapeways, and their version of polished did not compare to Sculpteo, plus I think it took about a week longer. I got it dyed, and I think I'll go for assembly tomorrow.

Looks amazing. Sorry if you got the extra 1mm on the back side of the buttons (the crowns that press on the chip should be 2mm but some that were 3mm crept in). I got the fat buttons, but sanding the buttons down and thinning the rails only took a bit with some 220.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vince159

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
There are revised buttons up if you want to save the sanding.

Rails have been reduced, but you got in the first go (mine too). I used a sanding block to knock a few thousands off each side. All in all it was fast. The buttons I put in the holes in revers and just spun the fat end around till they seated (though the stand alone buttons are a bit smaller).
My door was a tight fit but I just slid it in and out a few times. It's still a firm fit which is good because it won't slide out. I also did what you just described with the buttons and they work great. Just make sure they spin/move freely or you might get a stuck button.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Looks amazing. Sorry if you got the extra 1mm on the back side of the buttons (the crowns that press on the chip should be 2mm but some that were 3mm crept in). I got the fat buttons, but sanding the buttons down and thinning the rails only took a bit with some 220.
I used a file at first and all that did was polish the surface so I got my dremel with a 320g drum and carefully sanded them down at very low rpm. I sanded one button down .1mm too much so I added some electrical tape and it works great.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
Question for @BlueridgeDog

over in the co-op thread I asked;

"Anyone have any idea which Battery goes in this version? :confused: Or size (H, W D) dimensions.

'DNA200v7.14' | 3D Printing | Sculpteo".

The answer was,

"It is designed around the Hyperion 900. There is a slightly newer model on shapeways...will put it on sculpteo...untested and still beta...trying to get it printed locally to test:

DNA200 Squonker v2.7 (R52DK7LSJ) by CJErvin"

Now looking at the pictures you posted I see a "Hyperion 900" battery. Is the G6 the one you used for your design? I have the G3-EX coming to me.
2015-07-24%2014.27.48_zpscwzoz6fd.jpg

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
:facepalm:

there shall be no squonking, there shall be no squonking, there shall be no squonking, there shall be no squonking, there shall be no squonking, there shall be no squonking,there shall be no squonking, ...................
lloyd-300x300.jpg

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Question for @BlueridgeDog

over in the co-op thread I asked;

"Anyone have any idea which Battery goes in this version? :confused: Or size (H, W D) dimensions.

'DNA200v7.14' | 3D Printing | Sculpteo".

The answer was,

"It is designed around the Hyperion 900. There is a slightly newer model on shapeways...will put it on sculpteo...untested and still beta...trying to get it printed locally to test:

DNA200 Squonker v2.7 (R52DK7LSJ) by CJErvin"

Now looking at the pictures you posted I see a "Hyperion 900" battery. Is the G6 the one you used for your design? I have the G3-EX coming to me.
2015-07-24%2014.27.48_zpscwzoz6fd.jpg

IT is the G6 that it is sized for, but yours may fit. The is a small bit of room. If you send me the dimensions of what you have I will verify:

DNA200v7.10.jpg

I got this one for about $15.

Ignore the dimensions as I work at 100 times target.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Hey BRD, ever think of taking that squonker and moving the 510 connector down into the bottle area to make a low tank mod? I keep looking at it and thinking about converting it, but it already has a 510 hole on the top so it's a no go.

I can draw it and upload it and you can test it out...Squonk_me ordered the first rough out, so there is likely significant input from his testing that we could roll into it, but yea the concept is solid.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Hyperion (G3-EX) 70 x 34 x 18

Hyperion (G6) 74 x 25.5 x 18

Try it and if it is too fat to let the body close on the bezel, then you will want to try the other. It may be best to loan you mine to see if the thing is even workable before investing more. I can send it to you and if it looks like it will work you can replace it later.

Reactions: SlickWilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread