Miligram Confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
The atomizer does not have a ml volume???

The atomizer is the coil and coil-wick and transfer-wick which can hold roughly 0.25ml of fluid within the wick, for vaporization.

The juice cartridge contains the majority of the liquid, and holds between 0.5 to 1.5 ml of fluid. (Stuffing/wick consumes a portion of the true 1.0 to 2.0 ml volume.)

A 10ml bottle of liquid is roughly the size of an eye-dropper bottle.

For concentration of nicotine...
You will see...
20mg which is 20mg of nicotine per 1ml of fluid volume.
15mg which is 15mg of nicotine per 1ml of fluid volume.
10mg which is 10mg of nicotine per 1ml of fluid volume.

etc...

LOL, metric is the new american standard... Just like "Automatic" is the new american standard vehicle production. (Standard once was "Manual shifting", now the standard is "Automatic shifting".)

Last edited:

puffpuff

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
New Jersey
Typically, the measurement is in mg nicotine/milliliter fluid.

Example: 11mg/1ml

This means that in each milliliter of fluid, there is 11 milligrams of nicotine. A milliliter is about 15-20 drops of fluid. So there's about 11mg nicotine in 15-20 drops of fluid.

But the strength isn't exactly or easily mappable to what you consumed in tobacco cigarettes. Some is consumed in the fire, and you may get more or less nicotine from each drag off an analog vs. an e-cigarette.

I personally use only 8mg or 11mg liquid because I like the physical action as much as the nicotine hit. :) If I use 18mg fluid, I get too much nicotine before I'm done with my physical habit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread