Not open for further replies.

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Future Milo mods :D
3milo.jpg

I think I'm in love with that orange Milo.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Red Baron Milo...

Future Milo mods :D

I found 200g of these tact switches at half the price that madvapes sells the 100g and 300g for... C&K Components KSJ0M21180SHLFT

Nice job on the new colors Mamu. Excellent.

BTW, I've dealt with ARROW before w/ Boost Converters and they killed me w/ shipping costs. Yes the parts were cheaper but with the shipping it was way more in total cost.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
During ordering, there is no indication on how much shipping is.
I found my email to Arrow for the shipping charges on a previous order:

email to Arrow:
I bought a two small Pushbutton switches and some regulators. The items shipped in separate packages and was charged 14.99 for shipping on the switches and 0.99 for shipping on the regulators. Both came the same day. Is that your normal shipping charges or was it some sort of fee included. It also took a long time to arrive. Digikey charged 2.50 shipping and receive it in two days.

Arrow's reply:
Unfortunately, the two items you ordered are housed in different locations so sending two packages was unavoidable.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
those cases look awesome, where did you find those or did you paint them?

edit: actually, are you going to be selling these devices possibly? I would totally snag the green, blue, or orange one with that black cover, would look very cool

No - I didn't paint the cases. I posted a link to the colored cases in a previous post.

No - I don't mod for others or sell mods at this time. That's one of the reasons I shared the how-to. Plus I figure if someone like me who just a few years back didn't know zip about electronics or even knew how to solder could make a mod, so can others. :toast:

Nice job on the new colors Mamu. Excellent.

BTW, I've dealt with ARROW before w/ Boost Converters and they killed me w/ shipping costs. Yes the parts were cheaper but with the shipping it was way more in total cost.

Ya - shipping can be a killer at some of these sites if you're buying only 1 or 2 parts.

I bought 30 of these tact switches at Arrow for $0.6717 each and was charged $8 in shipping via FedEx plus $1.41 sales tax. My total was $29.56 - still less than $1 each. Madvapes sells them for $1.49 each, so I saved about $15 plus whatever shipping would have been from madvapes.

Mamu,
Let me know if arrows shipping is outrageous, I may be able to help. They are one of my works major suppliers, and I wouldn't mind a few.

Tip: buy in bulk and make lots of mods. :laugh:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
does the onboard fire switch have to be cut off? will an external or remote fire switch still fire the DNA20 board if you leave the onboard switch intact?

The on board switch can stay on the board with an external switch. I took it off to thin the board up a little as the switch sets higher than the other tallest component. But if you have room in your mod then it's easier to just leave it on, because without a long solder tip to hit both solder joints per side it's a pita to get off.

P3ST1L3NC3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Bagram, Afghanistan
thanks bapgood.

im waiting for my second board to show up. takes forever to get stuff to bagram. after soldering the battery leads to the 1st DNA20 board (battery removed from battery holder) the board quit working, wouldn't power up (after putting battery back into battery holder).

i measured the board with the battery in and it was getting power, and being IPC J-STD-001 qualified in soldering, i dont think it was an error on my part. so im on the sidelines again waiting for more parts.

EDIT, my pace station has some long tips for the iron, but ive got room in my box to leave the fire button on the board.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
thanks bapgood.

im waiting for my second board to show up. takes forever to get stuff to bagram. after soldering the battery leads to the 1st DNA20 board (battery removed from battery holder) the board quit working, wouldn't power up (after putting battery back into battery holder).

i measured the board with the battery in and it was getting power, and being IPC J-STD-001 qualified in soldering, i dont think it was an error on my part. so im on the sidelines again waiting for more parts.

EDIT, my pace station has some long tips for the iron, but ive got room in my box to leave the fire button on the board.

Suck about the DNA, I had I similar issue with one of my DNA's but I'm pretty sure it was self inflicted. I have decent Hakko station at home but I love the Pace stations at work, just can't justify one for home :D. Good luck on round two.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I "finally" got my batteries in last night. I ordered from some place called Focalpoint. (some chinese site)
There isn't much room left over for me in this mini milo. I did kind of mess up though and trashed one of my switches. Might have to wait unit I can get some JBweld. I am using a toggle style switch in the place of the tactile I destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread