Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Hey all,

Quick question - what are others doing with the min clearos? I absolutely LOVE these things. They don't hold a lot, but they work flawlessly. I use them with my cig-a-like batteries that I carry around with me and they are perfect.

However, I've heard, read, seen that one can use these successfully with the X2 batteries. And that would make complete sense, right? The X2 has the 808/901 threading for the mini, it's close to the same voltage as the cig-a-like. WRONG. Not for me anyway. I've tried it on the regular manual 900mah X2 (I have two of them) and the manual variable voltage spinner.

1 - draw is extremely tight, almost undrawable.
2 - As soon as I hit the button, instantly there is popping and sizzling going on. Draws are REALLY hot and you often get a burnt smell at the coil. I get hardly any vapor.

So what's going on with that? Did I misunderstand the compatibility between these two items?

Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from vacation. These products are compatible and should work together just fine. Some batteries have very small differences in the threads that can effect air flow and the tightness of the draw. A stiff draw will make the vapor hotter and make it feel very strong. You can try things like backing the clearo off about a quarter turn and see if that helps. The battery that you are using may just have a bent thread or something like that. If you continue to have problems, just let us know.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from vacation. These products are compatible and should work together just fine. Some batteries have very small differences in the threads that can effect air flow and the tightness of the draw. A stiff draw will make the vapor hotter and make it feel very strong. You can try things like backing the clearo off about a quarter turn and see if that helps. The battery that you are using may just have a bent thread or something like that. If you continue to have problems, just let us know.

Thanks. On that note, when will the mini-clearos be back in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread