Mini volt kit Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerDRL

Mar 13, 2017
Hello guys Im completely new to vaping other than the small gas station e-cigs, and I have a few questions about using the mini volt kit with the mini vengeance tank as my first mod/atty. The first being about vaping in general, How many watts should i use in a .8/.5 Ohm coil? Ive seen on other threads people saying how thats not exactly how it all works technically, but its complete Gibberish to me, also for the Ohms law calculator i need to know the volts or amps which i dont know how to find out. Second Question, im getting everything from element vapes and the only replacement coils are .5 Ohm ceramics. I found out how ceramic coils work but they are said to last much longer. How do i clean them in order to switch flavors often which i will want to do. Atleast a different flavor every day. If i wash it like a normal coil, after i clean it with warm water and semi dry it with a paper towel how long should i let it sit to dry? Also can it get moldy in that state? Last Question, how easy is the Charlie's Chalk Dust Head Bangin Boogie on coils?any help at all would be extremely helpful! Im so confused.

PowerDRL

Mar 13, 2017
Btw ive been smoking 3/4 a pack a day for 11 years, been using gas station cheap vape for 3 weeks. Haven't bought a pack since. Also hated the tobacco flavor, liked the berry but the nicotine is too high on those. I direct to lung smoked cigarettes but can only mouth to lung the gas station thing cause it has a 48mg noicotine content. I want to get a 6mg juice

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
Just my opinion but if that's the kit you want hit up youtube and get the lowdown by watching or listening to some videos.
If the coil is mostly cotton good luck cleaning it. The results I have had have been poor, easier to just vape through to the new flavor. Or consider several tanks, one for each flavor.

Mini Volt 40W Kit by Council of Vapor - Google Search

Congrats on kicking the smokes and welcome to ECF!

Reactions: PowerDRL

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi PowerDRL and welcome to ECF! Congratulations on dumping the cigarettes.

Hello guys Im completely new to vaping other than the small gas station e-cigs, and I have a few questions about using the mini volt kit with the mini vengeance tank as my first mod/atty. The first being about vaping in general, How many watts should i use in a .8/.5 Ohm coil?

The recommended wattage for each coil should be written on the coil itself. The recommendations are often exaggerated, so the best thing to do is to start well below the lower limit (start at 10 - 15w with those coils if you can't find the recommendations) and gradually increase your power until you're happy with the result.

Ive seen on other threads people saying how thats not exactly how it all works technically, but its complete Gibberish to me, also for the Ohms law calculator i need to know the volts or amps which i dont know how to find out.

You don't need Ohms Law with a regulated mod (which is what you have). It's used for mech mods, which take experience and knowledge of electricity to operate safely. You also don't need to calculate your amp draw because you have an internal battery. The Mini Volt 40W will be good at anything up to 40W with any coil over 0.2 ohm - that's the lower limit for your mod so you should be fine with anything above that.

If you get a mod with replaceable batteries you'll want to calculate your amp draw to find out what sort of batteries you need, but by then you should know what wattage you want to vape at so it'll be easier to sort that out later if you decide to upgrade.

I don't know the answers to the rest of your questions, but chances are someone will be along soon who does.

Good luck!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am deeply skeptical about Ceramic coils. Not the dubious concerns about health but the general operation of them. I am even more skeptical about factory TC coils.
I'm not saying don't try them (yes... you should) but don't go buying 5 packs or something until you know they work.
My opinion is the vape industry just loves gimmicks and doesn't really care if the products work.
I use Kanthal factory coils and Stainless Steel homemade coils.

I would expect a 0.5ohm coil to be able to get up to 30w (after starting lower) and maybe the full 40w after a while. Depends on the wicking.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello guys Im completely new to vaping other than the small gas station e-cigs, and I have a few questions about using the mini volt kit with the mini vengeance tank as my first mod/atty. The first being about vaping in general, How many watts should i use in a .8/.5 Ohm coil? Ive seen on other threads people saying how thats not exactly how it all works technically, but its complete Gibberish to me, also for the Ohms law calculator i need to know the volts or amps which i dont know how to find out. Second Question, im getting everything from element vapes and the only replacement coils are .5 Ohm ceramics. I found out how ceramic coils work but they are said to last much longer. How do i clean them in order to switch flavors often which i will want to do. Atleast a different flavor every day. If i wash it like a normal coil, after i clean it with warm water and semi dry it with a paper towel how long should i let it sit to dry? Also can it get moldy in that state? Last Question, how easy is the Charlie's Chalk Dust Head Bangin Boogie on coils?any help at all would be extremely helpful! Im so confused.
Welcome and glad you joined. The more you know, the more you are probably are going to end up liking vaping.
Please pay particular attention to :
2. Don’t Become Obsessed with the Idea of Sub-Ohming
Re: http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
You might like:
Guide For New Vapers | Spinfuel VAPE
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread