Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Damianidis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Greece,Athens
www.mmvapors.com
This discount goes for everything that even has a little brass on it!

crazybrass_zpsymzkwa9k.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Just as a reminder, especially to those new to the Poldiac:
Last nite my older Poldiac started acting up, was getting iffy on whether it would fire or not, so I'd take the batt out, re-install, and make sure everything was tight. Then it dawned on me that is has been awhile since I had taken the switch apart and cleaned it. This morning I sat down and dissembled the switch, and yep, kinda dirty, little specs here and there. I soaked and cleaned all the metal parts with 91% Rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the threads with a tooth brush, rinsed with hot tap water, and dried. The O-rings I soaked in warm water and Dawn, rinsed and dried. The coated contacts I soaked in a mild solution of baking soda and water, and rubbed them real good in my fingers, then rinsed and dried. Now it's working as a Poldiac should again. :) Just be careful handling the small parts tho, they can slip out of the hand quite easily, but just work over a flat surface, with a towel laid out. When installing the shirt over the switch I coat, lightly, the o-ring with vg, this makes it go on easily. So, this is how I do it, YMMV, but the important thing is, to clean it occasionally.

Reactions: KentA

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Hi Jim! I'm rather excited to receive my first Poldiac as I took advantage of your recent sale. I was always going to pass on this mod because I'm not the biggest fan of side firing mech mods, but this price was too good to say no too.

On another note, I still haven't found a "best" build for the TNS. There are so many ways to choose how to build this rba, I just have run out of patience and put it aside.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi Jim! I'm rather excited to receive my first Poldiac as I took advantage of your recent sale. I was always going to pass on this mod because I'm not the biggest fan of side firing mech mods, but this price was too good to say no too.

On another note, I still haven't found a "best" build for the TNS. There are so many ways to choose how to build this RBA, I just have run out of patience and put it aside.

I was a bit hesitant too about a side firing mod. But I always liked the 'looks' of the Poldiac. So one day, I got a Cloud Wizard. I got used to it and liked it very much - so now a UMA keeps it company. The pair have turned into my favorites.

I keep eying the TNS, particularly right now with the sale, but I'm not sure about going back to a Genny that could have 'leaking' issues if not kept upright.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York

On another note, I still haven't found a "best" build for the TNS. There are so many ways to choose how to build this RBA, I just have run out of patience and put it aside.

That is interesting because a couple of years ago I was so put off my bottom firing mechs, and that was one of the things that always made the Poldiac appeal to me. I hope you will like it because it is different than what you are used to. :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
OMG ... one of my buddies from the UK sent me some pics of his new Kainos :cry: Flipping Gorgeous! Actually a lot more beautiful than I first thought it was. He has the stainless accents and I love the engravings on them, and he is totally enamored with his new Kainos .. I am so jealous!

Great Job Jim, its looks fantastic! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread