more M40x questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
Hi all,

A few questions, please answer what you can from your experience. thanx!

M40x PCC users:

1. M401 PCC: have you been able to charge 402 or 403 batts with this larger PCC?

2. M401 PCC: have you been able to "travel" with the new 401 cartos in the PCC?

3. Have any of you tried a new M601? Is the 601 an improvement over the 401, or just larger in size to appear comparable to other larger mini models?

4. Do any of you also have an RN4081/DSE103? How does it compare?

thanx in advance!

Tj

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Tj, I have charged a m402 w/ my 401 PCC. It was just kinda hard to screw in though.

There is some good info on the 601 here at ECF somewhere. Someone said it is the top seller in japan right now. I'm kinda wantin one. I'm waitin for more U.S suppliers to stock them.

How do you like the cartos? Are they the filler type or?
Joe

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I saw them here,they have my favorite juice too....great place
I did't see whole kits ......but all the pieces. 'bout $25 for one ...
https://www.vapesafe.com/ecigarettes/m601-ecigarette/

ok so I was just lookin @ the spec's for 401 compared to 601

do you guys know the difference?

not much 601 shorter& fatter but it has less mAh

Specifications:
--Packing Meas.: 105 × 100 × 55 mm
--G.W.: 200 g
--E-cig weight : 16g
--E-cig size: 9.2 (D)×104 (L) mm
--Charging voltage: AC100~240V, DC5V
--Content of battery: Lithium, 3.7 V-190 mAh
--Charge time: 2 hours
--Puffs per full battery: 280~320 puffs
--Puffs per cartridge: 140~160 puffs
--Battery life:≈300 cycles
--Atomizer life: Up to 100,000 puffs

Specifications:
--E-cig weight : 12.2 g
--E-cig size: 8.6 (D)×108 (L) mm
--Content of battery: Lithium, 3.7 V-210 mAh
--Charge time: 1.5~2 hours
--Puffs per full battery: 280~310 puffs
--Puffs per cartridge: Up to 130 puffs
--Battery life: >300 cycles
--Atomizer life: Up to 100,000 puffs

so why would we want a 601 ??

info from http://www.onlyecig.com/

Last edited:

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
so why would we want a 601 ??

the 401 batt is larger capacity than the 601, but i think the 601 carts hold more juice. i also think the 601 was a cartomizer model that Smoore was developing to compete with the KR808d-1 which has had cartos available for a while. but now that cartos, including XL cartos, are available for the 401, the 401 seems like the more versatile model.

that said, i have read that because the 601 atomizer is the same style, only larger, it hits smoother. that's someone's opinion of course. but it may just be an improved vape because 'bigger is better'. keyword: MAY hah

only experienced users would know the difference in capacity for the 401 vs. 601 carts and cartos.

if you want to see the M series products all on one site, go directly to Smoore's factory catalog, or to their store front which is absolutely ecigs. google search them both for the correct websites. they have some very clear pictures in there, but comparison of the information still requires you do your own homework.

fyi: the pictures on some of their sites show the 602 as a carto with exposed threads vs. inside threads of a 601, but i have heard that the 602 actually is just a manual button battery. so to anyone, pay attention should you get into 601 products.

JOE: i haven't tried any of them yet. i'm still trying to make up my mind which one to purchase. the M401 or RN4081. Smokestik reports their 4081 is non-sound activated auto batts, which i really want. but the M4 is reported to have the best flavor for super mini type models.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Kelley, good question! Maybe the atty and the cartos are better??? Like I said... good question!!!

I was surprised the 601 and 401 both claim to run at 3.7. I kinda doubt this. I have a 3.7V mod and use 401 attys w/ it. I can for sure tell the diff from a 401 batt.

Oh Kelley, ever been to Hideaway Pizza? Nice guy, Gary Gabreal, who owns them. He invented a game I like to play... Pente. He worked at Hideaway at one time and bought the place after he sold Pente to Hasbro. And, Hideaway has good pizza!
Joe

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
TJ, we were posting at the same time. I agree that the 601 attys might be better cause there bigger. I am pretty sure the 601/2 is just manual vs auto... same threads.

40x are for sure sound activated. What I really want is a 601 atty w/ an adapter for my 901 thread mod. And maybe 808 batts would also work as the run at 3.7. I think Smoore may be overstating the Voltage issue?

Oh, and yes 40x has good flavor. But someone here said the 60x is just as good. And then there is the Smoore X-Power to consider.
Joe

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
too many choices. i wish i could buy many of them. i've seen many people here that have built some serious collections up; i'm a little jealous! ha

seriously tho, i just want one good supermini with PCC and then i'll go for this Ego thing that everyone swears by. i've seen they now make an Ego PCC, so that's going to be in my future for sure. but i am going to get a super mini. unfortunately for now i must choose between the SmokeStik or an M401 from someone.

i also wish some juice vendor would step out in a new direction and offer custom filled cartos so more flavors can be instant gratification than just tobacco and menthol. if i could, i'd invest in a bunch of product and just create a "clove replacement kit" for all ex-Djarum black smokers. it'd be 2 black super minis, 20 clove cartos and a PCC. that's all.

someday. soon as my money tree blooms.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Tj, the blank regular style cartos are a snap to fill using the condom method. I can do 5 in 8 mins.Then you can get your juice from the best juice makers. Litecigusa and ecigsupply, and other suppliers here, both have good regular style cartos.

That Smokestic, what kinda # is it? I heard but can't remember. 4081 maybe?

A cheep way to go is to get a variable USB charger, if you already have a wall plug to USB deal. Then you can just get one batt and an atty, or cartos, of whatever to try out. Someone has that charger for 5 bucks here somewhere.

Oh, don't forget the 808 bats that DO run at true 3.7V and come in 3 sizes. I like 401 attys at 3.7 allot. I might like 601 attys even better but don't think they make a 808/901 atty adapter yet. I also like the 901 old style attys at 3.7. And there is the Jaaxx needle trick that keeps those going great for months.

Oh, and then... I'm wantin one of those varie volt deals like tha Buzz.

Yep, way to many choices!
Joe

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Oh, my friends who wanted to try e-cigs have all liked my 402s best. I have ordered them for several folks. I get them the XL carts though. And show them my pin trick for filling them. I've told about that in an EX cart thread in this 40x section. Some have wanted a PCC and some just bought extra batts and one of those $5 cases from Litecig.

Oh, ecigsupply has the best prices on Smoore 40x stuff in the U.S that I have found. But litecig has the XL carts.
Joe

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
M601C
Specifications:
--E-cig weight : 17.2g
--E-cig size: 9.2 (D)×110 (L) mm
--Content of battery: Lithium, 3.7 V-190 mAh
--Puffs per full battery: 280~320 puffs
--Puffs per Cartomizer: About 350 puffs
--Battery life>300 cycles

M602C
Specifications:
--E-cig weight : 17.2g
--E-cig size: 9.2 (D)×96 (L) mm
--Content of battery: Lithium, 3.7 V-150 mAh
--Puffs per full battery: 220~260 puffs
--Puffs per Cartomizer: About 300 puffs
--Battery life>300 cycles

so they are set up the same as 40x series # 1 is longer higher mAh #2 shorter less mAh
they do different carto's in the sets ??? #2's look like kr808 type carto's & #1's has odd connection ??

I'm not going for it :lol: I like my 401's their tiny carts are wearing me out tho ,that and the constant batt switching.

the smoore Xpower is TOO COOL lookin; isn't it ???? ahhh which to choose tho 650 or 900 :lol:
the 650 kits @ litecig is the same price as some folks 401's !! very tempting ....

wonder how it differs from a 901 riva ...I'll have to look at that . I have been think about one of those ..
cuz I do like my 901's ............maybe not as much as the 401 tho... hmmmmm I wanna try 401 carto's but can't find any w/out pay $17 shipping & or buying 100....... every time I have found some they are out of stock ....

& yes I am aware of HIde away pizza & pente & his story , I don't think I have ever met him tho...good pizza !!

& tj I like your 'djarum kit idea , seems to be a lot of lost clove smokers out there ....finding the Right 'djarum juice would be the trick to the success of that idea , I would think. 'djarum was good stuff !! one would KILL me now ! cough-cough

& if you go with the RN4081/DSE103 cheaper then ss prices.... I hear..some ss's have cool jewel ends tho :lol:
http://www.vaporkings.com/RN4081-Njoy-NPRO-or-SmokingEverywhere-Gold-s/91.htm

Last edited:

mastiffmom

Moved On
Nov 13, 2010
mz
I hate to be a minority in yet, another thing, but I didn't enjoy my whole 4 day cruise experience with all the "perks". I can only imagine being without electricity etc. I had rather go on a tug boat. At least I wouldn't be around 3,000 people I couldn't get away from. I can't eat ALL day and I can't drink ALL night. Just not my cup of tea. To each his own......You like cruising?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You can get 40x manual batteries that are activated by pressing the button. I have an M402 manual kit from MYPVShop.com. I would have got M401 for one of my batteries but the place I bought only had the M402 PCC. The carts are tiny but I'm able to screw with the little carts at work and at home, and I just switched to blue foam filler in them and I'm liking that. I looked at the RN4081 when deciding what to buy and it seemed to only have auto batteries. Most people here recommend manual batteries unless you have to vape hands-free. But there are plenty who like RN4081. It probably gives a bigger hit than M40x judging by video reviews of each.

I wasn't a big-hit smoker. I was a slow and enjoy it smoker so M40x works well for me when it is working well. I was having some trouble with cartridge stuffing working well for 4-5 days then not wanting to absorb or release liquid well, so I'd get fewer optional hits and have to top off more and more. Even complete fills wouldn't release well, and I was having similar poor luck with alcohol-washing, dry and re-using the stuffing. So just last night I stuffed a couple of used and washed carts with blue foam and I am getting better absorption and release, and more consistent fuller hits.

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
hmmm hi guys .... well I rotate 3 401 auto batts on 2 attys 1 w/cream dream (vanilla,bav.cream,caramel Yummieness) & 1 w/ choc.mintdrip ... I use the spring mod w/the smallest ball of polyfiberfill I can get away with, I also add a few drops on the bridge everytime I open it ...& it works great . I tried the blue stuff ...but ....not sure why I didn't like it, maybe I only tried it on the 901's ? I am using 2 of those, one is debridged & I use it for peach & trying other juices,since it clears flavors out so well .... It is pretty AMAZING ...but my 901's are manual batts & I just don't like the button thing much so I tend to us kr808 batts (auto) w/those attys. the kr808 Cartomizers suck, actually I suck ....IT SPITS!! I can not get the hang of those yet............

:facepalm: crap I'm babbling .....what was the question :lol:

ohhh :the Thermometer Shake ?? you are shaking juice TOWARD atty I assume...

& pin trick?? I may know that one ... I use a fat pin w/bead head to push interior cart up & Fluff or remove & push back down int. cart with a very thin/long beading needle ........ just what works 4 me

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Kelley, you can also stick the pin down beside the filler and the cart. I drop the juice on the pin and let it run down. I miss less often that way. I can sometimes get more juice in the cart also by moving the pin up and down. I do that up and down thing on my 901s also.

Sounds like you may have some bad 808 cartos. I have no prob w/ mine. They are the old style w/ filler inside. I use the condom fill method.
Joe

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
ohhh ok I see what you are sayin' with the pin trick ...I will try that ...I can't ever tell what is up w/them so I just pop em apart everytime I feel the need to check them, my atty 's are HOT all the time ,& since the vets swear a hot atty is empty , I am always trying to determine how much liquid is actually in there .

I seem to be able to cook em all (w/the auto's @least) , the 808 cartomizers get really hot too... even with juice in them ... they are the old kind .... & I have tryed all 3 ways to fill them .... the drop at a time in the batt end seems to spit the least ...

they (808's & 901's)are resting at the moment tho .... I have fryed 2 universal chargers in the last 2 days !! I am not really sure what is up there , maybe a bad batt???? the 1st one is just showing a blu light like the batts are charged , even tho they are dead .... so my mom-in-law gave me 1 of hers & it charged the 808's and 1 901 then when I pushed in the 2nd 901 the light just went out & is totally dead now ???? so maybe the last batt ? I have ordered a new charger ...but what to do when it gets here ?? I guess I just have to throw the 2nd batt away* rather than take the chance & waste another charger ?

* meaning put it away in case I ever figure out mod building :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread