My first VV the Lava Tube

Discussion in 'Lavatube' started by Samurai671, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Samurai671

Samurai671 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my experience with my first VV mod, the Lava Tube from Volcano.
    I have been vaping on this thing since I got it about a week ago, and this thing is amazing!! I was at first thinking it was going to be huge, but when I actually received it I was surprised that it was only the size of a mini mag light.
    I noticed that the juices I have been vaping on the Inferno tastes different when vaped at different volts. The juices I never really liked now taste good!!
    I also thought that the unit looked fragile but when you actually hold it in your hand, you can feel that it is a very sturdy device (maybe not as tough as the roughstack or the silver bullet) and it has a very comfortable weight to it with the battery inside. I also thought the small +/- and power buttons were going to be hard to use but it actually is very easy to press, unless of course you have big stubby fingers. And my most favorite part, the clicky activation button.

Overall I love my Lava Tube and was glad I got it.

2. MeowMix

MeowMix Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have a Magenta Lavatube I bought from Volcano. The device is very well made and works wonderfully, but unfortunatly it has way to much power for me and isn't practical carrying around. I also didn't care for the new carto's they are now selling for the Tube Tanks. I liked the original carto's that came with the Tube Tank much better. Will be looking to swap out my Lavatube soon, lol.

3. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hi and Welcome Samurai! Congrats on your new mod. Wishing you the best of success and enjoyment with it.

4. Samurai671

MeowMix, no wonder the name sounded familiar, don't know if I'm allowed to post this here but your also on the Volcano forums with the same name right? I saw it on the trade winds thread. So did anybody reply to you yet?

5. Samurai671

Thanks Huffelpuff!!!

6. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Samurai 53, welcome and enjoy.

7. Samurai671

Hi hairball, thanks for the welcome. Are those all the PV's that you own?
    Like your pic of the kitten by the way. (Yes I'm a cat lover...LOL!!)

8. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hairball is ECF's guru of gurus, Samurai. Yes, that's the short list of her current inventory—short, because whenever her cupboard overflows, she sells a few off in the classifieds.

If it generates vapor, she's had it in her mouth.

9. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Variable Voltage Mods Discussion - Lavatube

10. MeowMix

MeowMix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi there Samurai, Yep, same name as on Volcano. :)

I did finally end up trading my Lavatube, I was very surprised nobody on the Volcano Forums were interested in it.

11. mr_sneed

mr_sneed Senior Member Verified Member

Mine from Apollo should be waiting in my mailbox when I get home tonight! What kind of cartomizers are recommended?

12. Samurai671

You could basically use any cartomizers on it, however since it does have a limiter (I'm not sure if that's what it's called) when using low res. Since it is a variable voltage device, I recommend you use high res cartomizers anywhere from 3.0 ohms and up in order to experience vaping at 5 & 6 volts. I have never used any cartomizers above 3.0 ohms, but there are some I have seen online. I found that my sweet spot is somewhere around 4.2 ~ 4.5 volts, but also depends on what flavor I'm vaping. I also found that juices you didn't like, you might like them at higher voltages!! So far loving the Lava Tube and is my go to mod at home.

13. Samurai671

I go by "Samurai Vaper" on the Volcano forums. Good to hear you found someone to trade with. See you on the Volcano forums too!!!

14. LeAnn

LeAnn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love my LT but find it sorta big to carry around, so I'm gonna try the mini LT, does anyone have one of these? Are these easier to carry when out and about?:confused:

15. mr_sneed

mr_sneed Senior Member Verified Member

Wow! Love this LT! Came in the mail yesterday and it's revived my tank carto, it was too weak on the ego battery. Lot's more vapor and flavor, on the ego battery there was no TH either. I thought I was going to have to toss these cartos, not anymore...

16. Samurai671

I know right!!:thumbs:

17. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got one...my first vv, and I love it! I'll be getting a full size as well though because the down side of the mini is battery life. I have kgos and a go-go, and they outlast the mini by far. a bit disappointed in that, but I just bought lots of batteries to compensate ;)

It's well built, yet lightweight and great as an on the go pv!

18. knivesout

knivesout Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Would you say the mini gets you through the day? I guess it all depends on your vaping habits too. I was just trying to figure out the mini vs full size myself.

19. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No, but then I probably need to read a bit more about its use and the batteries. They (batteries) come off the charger at 4.1, and I read somewhere that you shouldn't spend them but recharge around 3.5 so that's what I've been doing. Also, not sure if it makes a difference, but most of my cartos are LR lol! Need to do some shopping and reading ;) I'm super glad I bought it though!

20. knivesout

knivesout Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I could be wrong, but I think you're right: you don't wanna be discharging the batteries much lower than that. Do you think you could guesstimate about how long the battery lasts you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.