My process, Thought or Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
Still being new to DIY and reading other peoples processes I wanted to run my process by you for thoughts since this is the first time I have tried this method completely.

I have only been making small amounts and am ready for a larger batch. Just made 120 ml's this way....

1. Mixed everything precisely in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring bowl.
2. Mixed with my Hamilton Beach hand blender until frothy white.
3. Transferred to 2, 60 ml amber glass bottles.
4. Into the crock pot @145 degrees for 2 hours.
5. Took out of crock pot, shook each bottle for about 3 minutes each.
6. Back into the crock pot for 2 more hours.

When its done I'll shake it again and remove the caps and leave in the cabinet overnight.

I'll either have 120 ml's of delicious juice or...er...something else..

We shall see.

Thoughts?

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Looks solid to me. There are many roads to DIY heaven.

EDIT for more info: Your process is sound; it's very similar to what I do. Others will chime in with refinements for you. At this point, it sounds like the recipe you're using will be the weak (or strong) link in the chain. Get a good recipe and go for it!

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
To avoid concerns about heat affecting nicotine, for your next batch repeat 1 thru 3 and skip 4 thru 6 and just let it steep without any quick-steeping methods. I would make a new batch now. By the time you're done vaping the first 2 bottles, the newer batch will have already been steeping for while. I always keep an extra 200+ ml bottle of DIY steeping normally [unheated] at all times. Then, when my existing bottle is empty, I bust out my newer bottle which has already been steeping for a while, and at the same time I just mix a new batch (which will again sit and steep and be ready to vape by the time I'm done with the existing bottle).

Reactions: DenaInWyo

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
145 deg is kinda high. Think nic starts to degrade at that or 150. I think on some recipes heat can change chemical structures but not idea at what point or if does. Have seen people think it does and seen people think doesn't.

145 to 150 is perfect. I've been at that temp for 2 years now and it's worked out just fine.

Reactions: SailCat

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Still being new to DIY and reading other peoples processes I wanted to run my process by you for thoughts since this is the first time I have tried this method completely.

I have only been making small amounts and am ready for a larger batch. Just made 120 ml's this way....

1. Mixed everything precisely in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring bowl.
2. Mixed with my Hamilton Beach hand blender until frothy white.
3. Transferred to 2, 60 ml amber glass bottles.
4. Into the crock pot @145 degrees for 2 hours.
5. Took out of crock pot, shook each bottle for about 3 minutes each.
6. Back into the crock pot for 2 more hours.

When its done I'll shake it again and remove the caps and leave in the cabinet overnight.

I'll either have 120 ml's of delicious juice or...er...something else..

We shall see.

Thoughts?
seems like a pretty long cooking time. I put my bottles into a warm water bath for about 5 minutes to warm and thin the VG. then shake for a couple of minutes to mix completely and then leave them with the cap off for about 8 hours to breath. and then just let them steep. seems a long cooking time would reduce the flavor and possibly the potency of the nicotine. I don't think you can shorten the steeping time with heat without losing something.good things take time

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
My method: Considering 6-10ml daily usage.
1. In storage/use container blend/mix juices.
2. Cap and shake for 2 minutes.
3. Put on shelf, leave there for 2 weeks to a month or more. Vent those juices that need to breathe, as needed.
4. Every few days or so give the bottles on the shelf a good shaking.
5. Vape or use for further blending, Oldest juices first.

I try to mix at least what I vape, in ml's, plus at little more, every week. Spend 15-30 minutes total. About once a month I'll spend a couple hours making extra juice and mixing new juices or topping-off existing juices.

Point is. If your method works.... For you.... It's the right way to do it.... For you.

Me I'm kinda lazy.. I want to mix juice and go. Set-up involves laying a paper towel out on a counter. Clean-up, involves rinsing a couple syringes and putting away a few bottles of flavorings.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
Gave it a Vape this morning, it's horrible....

It looks good but taste like crap. Maybe a week or 2 in the steep cabinet will help, but I don't know. It's really bad.

Well this was taken out of one of the 60 ml bottles I made, after sampling I decided to mix the 2 60's into one 120 ml bottle, Shook for like 5 minutes and it's been sitting in the cabinet for about 5 hours and i'll be damned if it isn't pretty freakin good now....

Weird.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
I use a process not dissimilar to your own with success. Would you share the recipe? It seems unlikely the process is responsible for the 'horribleness.' :)

Just this Unicorn Milk Clone recipe that's floating around labelled "internal Leak of Unicorn Milk", I'm not sure if it's a leak or just a clever clone but I've made in 10 ml's and it came out fine. Reason why I shot for 120 ml's.

PilotNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Lascassas, Tn
I do roughly the same thing by I am trying something new for me. After mixing all ingredients together, I put in my UC for 30 minutes at 50C but do not add Nic yet. After heating, I put on my stirrer to just mix the batch up (maybe 15 - 20 minutes). Once juice is finally started cooling down I mix in the Nic and continue to stir for maybe 5 minutes. After that I let the juice breath for awhile before capping it and then let Mother Nature take her course. I am not a big fan of waiting around but some things are worth the wait and good juice happens to be 1 of them!!!! IMHO

BTW: My batches are in the 250 ml range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread