Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I am so close I can literally almost taste it. I am trying to nail down an elephant ear and I'm close. It was a bit strong on the Danish so I knocked it down 2% and did a fresh mix today.

I'm missing the fried bread taste and I am reluctant to try AP. I keep telling myself one drop for 20mls but I'm looking for a yeast/bread (almost deep fried) flavor and not nutty and that's kept me away from the AP. Any thoughts to hit that last flavor note would be great.

Cinnamon Danish 0.6ml 3%
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 0.8ml 4%
Toasted Marshmallow 1.2ml 6%
French Vanilla Deluxe 0.4ml 2%
Butter 0.6ml 3%
Ethyl Maltol 0.6ml 3%

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I may have to try the AP, it's so close.

Sir2fyablyNutz thanks for the other suggestion. I looked it up and it has the description of no description ;)

What is FA Joy? Now I want to buy some just because I want to taste the flavor with no real description. e-motions Joy - Close your eyes, imagine the Fairground. That is friggin great!

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I recently bought it and started using it. Here is the best write up I have found on Joy-FA by HIC.

FA Joy

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes sent on a trip through the cotton candy machine. That's this flavor. I taste zero difference in this fresh-mixed and steeped for 4 days.

You'll immediately recognize the cotton candy flavor as part of Joy. But FA's is a big improvement over plain ethyl maltol. The more you vape it, the more impressive it gets. By adding the fried-sweet-bakery flavor (like funnel cakes) and a little super-sweet vanilla, FA has made this into a very appealing standalone vape. 3% in max-VG is sweet awesomeness; 2% is danged good; over 3% is cloying to me.

Most brands’ Cotton Candy flavors fade in sweetness at the end of an exhale or include a fake-chemical flavor right at the end. FA fixed all that in their version, so it's sweet from the moment vapor hits your tongue all the way through the end of an exhale. This cotton candy is delicious all by itself, not just made to be a sweetener. Of course, that's how I'll try it next, as a sweetener. I expect Joy will show up as in ingredient in LOTS of sweet recipes. It's sure to be in mine.

Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

p.s. - I saw a description saying Joy has the flavors of apple, toffee, and popcorn. Nope! (and thank goodness) If you've had funnel cakes and had cotton candy, I think you'll agree with my description.

p.p.s - yes, it makes Cinnamon Ceylon taste sweet, and it emphasizes subtle spice flavors in a recipe.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
OSDIY's Baked Cinnamon Roll flavor is heavy on the bread flavor. And not much cinnamon or sweetness. It's super potent too. 1% of it can overpower softer flavors at 10+%. I bought it because it had great reviews, but I haven't been able to get any kind of cinamon roll flavor out of it. Maybe I got a bad batch? But if not it may be the flavor you are missing.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I ended up with this and I really enjoying it.

Cinnamon Danish 1.5ml
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie 2ml
Toasted Marshmallow 3ml
Marshmallow 1ml
French Vanilla Deluxe 1ml
Butter 1.5ml
Ethyl Maltol 1.5ml
1 drop of AP per 20mls

Pretty tasty
Sounds like it could be good,but what size batch did you make that you used these amounts?I figured the %'s for a 20ml since you put 1 drop per 20ml,but at 20ml the amounts listed came out at 57.5% flavor,so i doubt that's for a 20ml mix haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread