Could use some math help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
I have two recipes that I mixed together. One was very good, but was lacking. Another recipe that smelled like a birthday cake, but tasted like crap. I mixed the two together and really enjoying the result. Trying to figure out the math, so I can make another batch from scratch without having to make two batches and mix together.

1)
Hansen Raspberry at 5%
TFA cupcake at 3%
TFA marshmallow at 1%

2)
TFA cupcake at 24% (went way to high I think)
Hangsen vanilla at 5%
Hangsen cream at 5%
TFA marshmallow at 1%

I then mixes 80% of recipe 1 with 20% recipe 2.
What would the recipe look like for the new mix? Better yet, how do I calculate it?

I am thinking just divide all recipes number 2's ingredients by 20%??
And number 1's by 80%??

Here is what i got:
raspberry 4%
cupcake 7.2%
marshmallow 1%
vanilla 1%
cream 1%

Thanks.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Your final percentages are correct. I would have multiplied recipe 1's percentages by .8 (80%) recipe 2's by .2 (20%) and then added the percentages of the flavors that the recipies have in common (the marshmallow and cupcake). Then just enter your new recipes %'s in a juice calculator (I use ejuice Me Up).

Cheers,
Steve

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Your final percentages are correct. I would have multiplied recipe 1's percentages by .8 (80%) recipe 2's by .2 (20%) and then added the percentages of the flavors that the recipies have in common (the marshmallow and cupcake). Then just enter your new recipes %'s in a juice calculator (I use EJuice Me Up).

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve. I used an online percent calculator. Just plugged in 20% of 5% and so fourth. Now that you gave me the math, it will save me from having to use paper and online calculator. The math is easier.

Thanks!

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Yes. Do the same thing but multiply recipe 1's ingredients by .95 and recipe's 2 by .05. Good luck! :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks again. Now I can make small adjustments on my next batch. Feel like a mad scientist. I have way to many recipes in the works. keep telling myself to concentrate on a handful and perfect them. But then I get an itch, the syringes start sucking, bottles start shaking, sweeteners start dripping and the next thing I know, I have a dozen mixes sitting in the steep box......next to the several dozen already sitting. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread