Nautilus Mini "Cotton" Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyFlavors

Account closed on request
Nov 14, 2015
I'm almost done with my first week of vaping, and have used the Nautilus Mini as my primary driver, until yesterday. I went through 4 atomizers over the course of one day trying to figure out the issue, but have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the Nautilus itself. I made sure to let my 50/50 liquid be properly absorbed into the coils, and let it sit there for upwards of 30 minutes to an hour, and went ahead and primed two of them with a few drops of juice, to no avail.

I did some research to see what others have to say, and found that I wasn't the only one. Could the rubber seal be doing this (the "vacuum seal")? I'm certain that it wasn't burnt, but I don't want to purchase more atomizers only to find out that they do the same thing. I am considering getting a Kanger Genitank and trying that out as I've heard great things about it (the atomizers are also much cheaper).

Any suggestions on what the cotton-like taste is coming from, and if I should try out a Kanger tank? I initially thought it was vapers tongue, but I put some liquid in a lower quality Logic Pro, and could taste the flavor just fine, so it's not that.

Edit: I tested the several atomizers at different watts, but nothing worked. My first atomizer that came built in vaped at 13 watts with no problems (kept my battery at 10 watts during use, however), but the last three couldn't handle 7 watts.

Reactions: David Wolf

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
If it was a seal problem I would expect leaking rather than dry hits, but that could be particular to the Nautilus.

If these coils, except for the one that did fine to start, all came from the same pack could you have maybe received counterfeits?

7 watts should be no issue but what does the resistance show on your mod?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'm almost done with my first week of vaping, and have used the Nautilus Mini as my primary driver, until yesterday. I went through 4 atomizers over the course of one day trying to figure out the issue, but have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with the Nautilus itself. I made sure to let my 50/50 liquid be properly absorbed into the coils, and let it sit there for upwards of 30 minutes to an hour, and went ahead and primed two of them with a few drops of juice, to no avail.

I did some research to see what others have to say, and found that I wasn't the only one. Could the rubber seal be doing this (the "vacuum seal")? I'm certain that it wasn't burnt, but I don't want to purchase more atomizers only to find out that they do the same thing. I am considering getting a Kanger Genitank and trying that out as I've heard great things about it (the atomizers are also much cheaper).

Any suggestions on what the cotton-like taste is coming from, and if I should try out a Kanger tank? I initially thought it was vapers tongue, but I put some liquid in a lower quality Logic Pro, and could taste the flavor just fine, so it's not that.

Edit: I tested the several atomizers at different watts, but nothing worked. My first atomizer that came built in vaped at 13 watts with no problems (kept my battery at 10 watts during use, however), but the last three couldn't handle 7 watts.
A mystery to me, I haven't had that problem. Are you saying flavor was ok until yesterday? Or since you got the naughty mini? Did it start with a new box of coils?

JuicyFlavors

Account closed on request
Nov 14, 2015
A mystery to me, I haven't had that problem. Are you saying flavor was ok until yesterday? Or since you got the naughty mini? Did it start with a new box of coils?

It started after I switched to a new flavor and went back to my old one. It turned out to be newbie errors, as I was told by an employee of a local vape shop. I bought more atomizers and took his advice on how to properly prime the coils. Everything is back to normal now! I was quite upset as I didn't want to order a new tank, but now that I'm doing everything correctly, I don't have to worry about that :) The flavor is back up to what it should be (super awesome).

I did do one thing, however. I soaked the nautilus mini (disassembled) in some vodka, and then dried it to get rid of the old flavor (I can still smell the watermelon (never again)), but I don't taste it. I did burn the atomizers, which I didn't realize I had done because I made sure to let them sit for around 30 minutes to an hour (I initially though the rubber seal burnt). Unfortunately, I read that Nautilus atomizers should be primed before use, which I found out after they all died.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It started after I switched to a new flavor and went back to my old one. It turned out to be newbie errors, as I was told by an employee of a local vape shop. I bought more atomizers and took his advice on how to properly prime the coils. Everything is back to normal now! I was quite upset as I didn't want to order a new tank, but now that I'm doing everything correctly, I don't have to worry about that :) The flavor is back up to what it should be (super awesome).

I did do one thing, however. I soaked the nautilus mini (disassembled) in some vodka, and then dried it to get rid of the old flavor (I can still smell the watermelon (never again)), but I don't taste it. I did burn the atomizers, which I didn't realize I had done because I made sure to let them sit for around 30 minutes to an hour (I initially though the rubber seal burnt). Unfortunately, I read that Nautilus atomizers should be primed before use, which I found out after they all died.
Glad all is well again with your mini's. Lol watermelon, I know exactly what you mean, that smell will permeate through everything, no more for me again either :lol:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Glad all is well again with your mini's. Lol watermelon, I know exactly what you mean, that smell will permeate through everything, no more for me again either :lol:
Great. I just put a berry/watermelon blend (which is predominantly watermelon) in my Mini after barely being able to clean out the hazelnut juice that made me gag. I can still taste traces of nut after a couple of days and I cleaned then hell out of the Mini and used a new coil with the watermelon blend.

Gonna taste just lovely when I finish the watermelon and load up the mini with juicy peach!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread