Need help choosing a clearomizer (510 ego)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4licious

Feb 16, 2017
Hello everyone! I have a delirium 69 battery(510 ego connector) which i think is 650 mah. Unfortunately, its default clearomizer that i had being using broke a bit and it leaks. I wanna buy a new one(and a better one if possible) but i dont know which one to choose. I came across with Aspire K1 but again i dont know if it is good. Any suggestions?

m4licious

Feb 16, 2017
You do know that you don't have to use an ego style clearo, correct?

I was just investigating this some minutes ago :p
I can see that some clearos have bigger connector(e.g. aspire k1) than others(e.g. aspire nautilus mini) so i dont know if all clearos connect properly. I even found some adaptors... If all clearos connect properly then i think a cheap and good(nice flavour) one would be suitable for me.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
When I saw the topic, I was actually going to recommend the K1 before I saw you ask about the K1!
The K1 gives an amazing vape for what it is, no dry hits, and NO gurgling or leaks, even vaping it down to the bottom. I have 3 of them, and used them almost exclusively when they first came out for about 6 months.
They will look nice on that battery, i just googled an image of it.
I presume it's a 3.7 volt output battery so the 1.6 aspire BVC coil is the right one for that. It looks like a 14mm diameter battery to me, if so, the K1 will look flush.
K1 is cheap, and works well. It can also handle acidic juices like candies and citrus due to being glass, but of course, you need to take care not to drop it on a hard surface as it could break.
The delirium seems to come standard with a plastic kanger T3S (yes, therefore 14mm).. the k1 will truly provide a much better vape than that. I once wrote a review on it that it was the best little ego tank of all time, and I'd say it's still well up there.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I was just investigating this some minutes ago :p
I can see that some clearos have bigger connector(e.g. aspire k1) than others(e.g. aspire nautilus mini) so i dont know if all clearos connect properly. I even found some adaptors... If all clearos connect properly then i think a cheap and good(nice flavour) one would be suitable for me.
a non ego tank will not be aesthetically pleasing (IMO) on a 14mm ego battery. You'd most likely not go larger than a 19mm tank, and you'd have to have a decent beauty ring to at least make it look somewhat acceptable.
Little tidbit.. a K1 vapes very close to a nautilus, i kid you not.

There is another option.. the K2 uses the standard (non nautilus) BVC coils also, but it's a 510 connector. it's the upgrade to the K1, however it's only 15mm, so with a readily available 15 or 16mm beauty ring it would look great on the battery. The airflow is different to a K1, so you could try it and see which you prefer.
Now if you really want nautilus coils, the smallest tank to use them is the K3, which is only 18mm, and you could probably get away with it with a nice beauty ring. It's also very cheap, 10 bucks. Just throwing some options out there. If you want more capacity, there's the mini vivi nova which is 16 mm and a 510, but again, uses the standard bvc coils (which are perfectly great).
I'd recommend when budget allows, to upgrade to a battery like a vision spinner or even better, the aspire CF VV+. All aspire bvc coils work fantastic on VV batteries, a wattage control device is not required at all. I'd stick with the 1.6 or 1.8s in any case, but you'll be able to fine tune your vape a lot nicer, for example, i personally find the 1.6 bvc coil is at it absolute best at a regulated 4 volts. :) If you are in Australia, i'm happy to give you a K1, but if not, there's no point as it would cost more to ship than buy a brand new one.

m4licious

Feb 16, 2017
a non ego tank will not be aesthetically pleasing (IMO) on a 14mm ego battery. You'd most likely not go larger than a 19mm tank, and you'd have to have a decent beauty ring to at least make it look somewhat acceptable.
Little tidbit.. a K1 vapes very close to a nautilus, i kid you not.

There is another option.. the K2 uses the standard (non nautilus) BVC coils also, but it's a 510 connector. it's the upgrade to the K1, however it's only 15mm, so with a readily available 15 or 16mm beauty ring it would look great on the battery. The airflow is different to a K1, so you could try it and see which you prefer.
Now if you really want nautilus coils, the smallest tank to use them is the K3, which is only 18mm, and you could probably get away with it with a nice beauty ring. It's also very cheap, 10 bucks. Just throwing some options out there. If you want more capacity, there's the mini vivi nova which is 16 mm and a 510, but again, uses the standard bvc coils (which are perfectly great).
I'd recommend when budget allows, to upgrade to a battery like a vision spinner or even better, the aspire CF VV+. All aspire bvc coils work fantastic on VV batteries, a wattage control device is not required at all. I'd stick with the 1.6 or 1.8s in any case, but you'll be able to fine tune your vape a lot nicer, for example, i personally find the 1.6 bvc coil is at it absolute best at a regulated 4 volts. :) If you are in Australia, i'm happy to give you a K1, but if not, there's no point as it would cost more to ship than buy a brand new one.

Thank you so much for your detailed answers! Actually i am looking for a cheap upgrade, i came across the k1and some reviews and thats why i mentioned it. However, if there is a better one than k1( better flavour and airflow, i dont mind using a beauty ring, e.g. aspire k2, k3) and approxiemietly in the same price, i would be glad to know. Thanks again!

Last edited:

urchin58

Aug 23, 2014
Texas
If you want to upgrade, I would suggest the Mini Nautilus. Keep in mind you will need a larger battery. The 650 mah only puts out 3.7 volts (fully charged). You might try a inexpensive box mod or if you can still find, a Vision Spinner II. A lot of this is being phased out since vaping has become more advanced. Someone suggested to check online. Mount Baker Vapor and My Vapor Store are the ones I use but there are others just as good. When first starting out though the Mom and Pop shops are best to help put you in the right set up (unless they are just in it for the money. There is so much out there, it can be overwhelming. I am not so young anymore and stuck in my ways so what I found a couple of years ago, I have stayed with. I have tried a lot of the newer ones and have ended up passing on to friends or family. That is me...everyone has their own opinion and there are so many options to choose from. Keep an open mind, try out first if you can, your options are only limited to your finances and what you need to keep you off the stinkies. Good Luck

m4licious

Feb 16, 2017
I ended up buying a kanger genitank mini but i noticed that the taste wasnt better than delirium 69 clearomizer. Also this genitank does not produce so many clouds like the delirium 69 did(in order to produce i have to vape for a long time). It had an 1.5ohm coil so i did not change it. It also gets hotter. I might be wrong but i am still testing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread