Need help understanding the differences between fusion & platinum, LR and SR and how they vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks. Helps a bit. I just couldn't discern if the unpunched version was actually any different?

Thanks for the pic and the tweet!

I have a Twist so can go above 3.7...from what I'm reading people go up to about 3ohm cartos on them. I'm new so don't have a preference yet. I ordered some 2ohm smoktechs for the time being.

Any thoughts on the S version? And now these Nitros?

The only difference in the punched and un-punched is the two holes for the juice to enter from the tank. Before tanks came out there was no punched cartos and everyone punched their own cartos. Some still do.
The "S" version has a slot instead of the holes because some vg mixes are very thick and need a larger hole to migrate through.

The Nitros have no filler material in them. Some like them better. I really like them because there's no filler to swell up causing a tight draw like the cartos with filler do after using them for awhile. But I will always use Fusions too.

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
The only difference in the punched and un-punched is the two holes for the juice to enter from the tank. Before tanks came out there was no punched cartos and everyone punched their own cartos. Some still do.
The "S" version has a slot instead of the holes because some vg mixes are very thick and need a larger hole to migrate through.

The Nitros have no filler material in them. Some like them better. I really like them because there's no filler to swell up causing a tight draw like the cartos with filler do after using them for awhile. But I will always use Fusions too.

Yeah, I know what the punches are for, etc...I've done a ton of reading. I appreciate you being thorough though. I didn't know if the punch was the only difference as again, the website causes confusion. They have a different ohm rating listed and a different description and aren't called V2 either.

The Nitros don't have filler? How are they to be the replacement for the Platinum then? Did you happen to see the reply from Ikenvape below yours? He said probably no 510 Fusions or Platinums and the Nitros will be the replacement. Here's a description from the site talking about the filler in the Nitro:

Sticking to the nature of the 1mm hole we reduced the port from 2 to one for optimal suction to provide a more sustainable constant wicking. Modified the batting density to restrict the airflow to pull in more liquid through the port. IKV branded coils are in place and engulfed into sweet fire ......ant filler.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Yeah, I know what the punches are for, etc...I've done a ton of reading. I appreciate you being thorough though. I didn't know if the punch was the only difference as again, the website causes confusion. They have a different ohm rating listed and a different description and aren't called V2 either.

The Nitros don't have filler? How are they to be the replacement for the Platinum then? Did you happen to see the reply from Ikenvape below yours? He said probably no 510 Fusions or Platinums and the Nitros will be the replacement. Here's a description from the site talking about the filler in the Nitro:

Sticking to the nature of the 1mm hole we reduced the port from 2 to one for optimal suction to provide a more sustainable constant wicking. Modified the batting density to restrict the airflow to pull in more liquid through the port. IKV branded coils are in place and engulfed into sweet fire ......ant filler.

The Nitro Procoils have no filler the other ones do have filler. 510 Fusions are discontinued but the 801s are still available. I think his reasoning is that there's no use having 2 cartos that are so much alike.
The difference in the name "V2" is the small adjustments made and they were the second version of that carto to be built. That is why they have different Ohm ratings. He builds a carto and names it. Then he sees with a minor adjustment here and there they are better so they become V2. Some people like the original better and want that one but they are basically the same carto.
Yes there are 510s. Actually more than any others. There are many Platinum variations and Nitros.
Also anything he says is Gospel and what I say is my interpretation and trying to help you understand them so he's the one to believe.

Last edited:

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
The Nitro Procoils are the ones with no filler.

510 Nitro 2.4
The above link is for the normal Nito punch cartos that have filler. I place them between the platinums and fusions for performance/flavor. They wick a bit slow but so far pretty good.

Oh, yeah, they don't leak with drastic changes in altitude like my fusions would!

Thanks, so you say in-between, but not which is the high end? ;)

The Nitro Procoils have no filler the other ones do have filler. 510 Fusions are discontinued but the 801s are still available. I think his reasoning is that there's no use having 2 cartos that are so much alike.
The difference in the name "V2" is the small adjustments made and they were the second version of that carto to be built. That is why they have different Ohm ratings. He builds a carto and names it. Then he sees with a minor adjustment here and there they are better so they become V2. Some people like the original better and want that one but they are basically the same carto.
Yes there are 510s. Actually more than any others. There are many Platinum variations and Nitros.
Also anything he says is Gospel and what I say is my interpretation and trying to help you understand them so he's the one to believe.

Surely you can see why I'd be confused and frustrated. You had said the Nitros had no filler and didn't differentiate.

The V2 wasn't acknowledged the first time around either, I was just told they're the same.

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of figuring it out between the mistakes on the site and the conflicting info given here.

He said he's hesitant to get the Platinums again, so that leaves only the Nitros in 510 punched. I'm looking for 510's preferably punched and was only told of Palitinums and Fusions, then find out that Nitros are really the only thing I can get, but oh wait, those don't have any filler....oh yes, they do now, etc...

I feel like you all feel I'm a PITA and a little slow on the uptake, but look back at the thread and the website with a noob's pov and see what you think.

I guess I'll try and get some Nitros.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I'm currently trying out both the new Nitro ones - the ones with filler and the ones without. They're both excellent and very different. The ones with no filler give a flavor more like dripping, but you have to keep the tank fairly full to ensure the holes at the bottom stay covered. The others are an excellent classic filled carto - so far they seem better than others I've used with filler.

So, it seems to me they serve different purposes, and both are very good.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks, so you say in-between, but not which is the high end? ;)

Surely you can see why I'd be confused and frustrated. You had said the Nitros had no filler and didn't differentiate.

The V2 wasn't acknowledged the first time around either, I was just told they're the same.

I think I'm doing a pretty good job of figuring it out between the mistakes on the site and the conflicting info given here.

He said he's hesitant to get the Platinums again, so that leaves only the Nitros in 510 punched. I'm looking for 510's preferably punched and was only told of Palitinums and Fusions, then find out that Nitros are really the only thing I can get, but oh wait, those don't have any filler....oh yes, they do now, etc...

I feel like you all feel I'm a PITA and a little slow on the uptake, but look back at the thread and the website with a noob's pov and see what you think.

I guess I'll try and get some Nitros.

Not at all. it's a pleasure trying to help a fellow vapor get aquainted with different products. Please never feel that way.

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
I'm currently trying out both the new Nitro ones - the ones with filler and the ones without. They're both excellent and very different. The ones with no filler give a flavor more like dripping, but you have to keep the tank fairly full to ensure the holes at the bottom stay covered. The others are an excellent classic filled carto - so far they seem better than others I've used with filler.

So, it seems to me they serve different purposes, and both are very good.

Thanks, now I know that you can use the ones without filler in a tank as well, I assumed they were only for dripping.

Not at all. it's a pleasure trying to help a fellow vapor get aquainted with different products. Please never feel that way.

Ok, cool. I guess because I was getting frustrated that you were as well. It just seemed like I went through a lot of rig-a-marole, to find out in the end that the Nitro is the only one available in 510 size and will most likely be that way going forward. It was a lot of talk about Platinums and Fusions when they're not even being produced any longer.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks, now I know that you can use the ones without filler in a tank as well, I assumed they were only for dripping.

Ok, cool. I guess because I was getting frustrated that you were as well. It just seemed like I went through a lot of rig-a-marole, to find out in the end that the Nitro is the only one available in 510 size and will most likely be that way going forward. It was a lot of talk about Platinums and Fusions when they're not even being produced any longer.

You could always get the 801 Fusion and use an adapter. I use them a lot with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread