Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I had a similiar problem on a set up, it turned out to be the mod. What was happening was the pin on the tank was perhaps a tad long and it pushed the mods pin in further then maybe it should. Because of this there was some kind of short or a burst of some kind that was burning up my coils. On my particular tank, it was adjustable, so I adjusted the pin in slightly, fixing the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
hissing after I fire it, after release the button. Home made cereal killer ejuice, but using it for months and never had a problem with it.
You don't have another mod to try it on? Or another tank to try on that mod? Usually that's a good way to isolate an issue to see if it's one or the other. That afterburn sound is common, but the lenght of that sound should only happen for a split second after. Alot of people don't notice that sound but I have and with my rebuildables I have noticed that if that hiss happens longer then usual, it's more times then not insufficient wicking material or that issue I mentioned in a previous post about what happens to a mod when the 510 pin is depressed to far in. If you had another complete set up, you could perhaps narrow it down a little better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Clutchkman

Feb 6, 2017
North Carolina
Sorry to jump in with another question, but I don't know how to start a new thread. I just got my iStick Pico, I didn't get the tank that comes with it because I like the tank on my kbox mini. It holds 4mls instead of 3.2. When I put the tank on it says "atomizer short." The manual says, that means there's a short circuit in the atomizer, but that's all it says. So, the question is: Is the kbox mini tank compatible with the Pico? If so, how do I fix the "atomizer short" problem? It's the only other tank I have to try so I'm kinda bummed right now.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Sorry to jump in with another question, but I don't know how to start a new thread. I just got my iStick Pico, I didn't get the tank that comes with it because I like the tank on my kbox mini. It holds 4mls instead of 3.2. When I put the tank on it says "atomizer short." The manual says, that means there's a short circuit in the atomizer, but that's all it says. So, the question is: Is the kbox mini tank compatible with the Pico? If so, how do I fix the "atomizer short" problem? It's the only other tank I have to try so I'm kinda bummed right now.
Maybe a bad coil? Have you tried removing the coil and reseating it or trying a new coil all together?

Reactions: Eskie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I forgot about my Subvod. I tried that tank on the Pico, and it works, but it's not a great tank, and it's small compared to the Kbox Mini tank, which still doesn't work on it.
I am sorry to tell you that not all tanks work on all mods with 100% success.
The manufacturers all use different measurements and design things a bit differently.

I have a Joyetech tank that doesn't work on my Joyetech mods.
I think this tells us how random things can be.

Clutchkman

Feb 6, 2017
North Carolina
I am sorry to tell you that not all tanks work on all mods with 100% success.
The manufacturers all use different measurements and design things a bit differently.

I have a Joyetech tank that doesn't work on my Joyetech mods.
I think this tells us how random things can be.
Okay thank you.

Reactions: djsvapour

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
If you know anything at all about electricity it is easy enough to follow its path from the center pin connection in the mod up through the center pin in the tank to the stirrup on the bottom of the coil to the one of the actual coil wires being trapped on to the side of that stirrup, through the coil wire and back to the coil housing where again it is trapped by that stirrup but on the other side of the insulator the stirrup resides in. Once it hits the coil housing it now flows through the tank body itself back to the threaded 510 connection to the mod. You can by carefully looking catch most shorts that way. The one that is hard to catch is in the 510 connection itself. If the center pin of the tank does not protrude enough past the threads surrounding it then the mods center pin can touch the threaded portion causing the short. This can often be fixed by adjusting the tanks center pin as some have slots to fit a blade screw driver in them but from what I can see in the pics of that tank I don't see that it is adjustable. There are ways of fixing unadjustable center pins but they call for unauthorized modifications and so I won't get into that and simply reaffirm what djsvapour said about some tanks not working well with some mods.
You can get much better tanks than the Kbox so I wouldn't stress about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread