Eleaf IStick Pico 75w info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
So I have one of these as well. I used it for a couple weeks and it started leaking on me and I picked the cigs back up. Well no more lol! It's been on the shelf for about a year, I think the leaking problem was one of the rubber gaskets and I have replacements.

Anywho, to make a long story longer, I would also like to pick up an extra tank or 2 for this and although I don't mind the Melo III Mini it came with, I'd like to try some different ones.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? I guess I'd mainly be looking at 2 to 3ml capacity and something that will not leak.

I looked up pretty much all the rec's itt already and while on Uwell I liked the look of their Crown Mini. Any of you guys have experience with it?

Liked the idea of the Vaporesso Estoc as well.

The Siren looks solid as well.

I also liked the idea of the Smok Baby Beast, but TONS of comments on Youtube reviews of it saying it leaks like a ninja. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Never. I have three standard size Crowns and two Mini size Crowns. None have leaked a drop.
Last stupid question, these are just like the Melo 3 Mini's and the Estoc's right? Where you just have to occasionally replace the head and that's it? Simple as pop the old one out, click a new one in? No wicking yourself, no building? No decks to even have that option?

I really like the ease of simply filling with juice and vaping. Coil burns out or starts to suck, swap one out from a pack. I could care less about the money saved by doing RDA's myself at this point, it's still exceptionally cheaper than stoags. One day I'll mess around with some of those for all the customization they provide, but not for now.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Last stupid question, these are just like the Melo 3 Mini's and the Estoc's right? Where you just have to occasionally replace the head and that's it? Simple as pop the old one out, click a new one in? No wicking yourself, no building? No decks to even have that option?

I really like the ease of simply filling with juice and vaping. Coil burns out or starts to suck, swap one out from a pack. I could care less about the money saved by doing RDA's myself at this point, it's still exceptionally cheaper than stoags. One day I'll mess around with some of those for all the customization they provide, but not for now.

Yes,
Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

Pro tip: Watch the video also.

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I really like the ease of simply filling with juice and vaping. Coil burns out or starts to suck, swap one out from a pack.
There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers (sometimes). ;)

Yeah, you simply replace an old coil head with a new one. Of course, you have to thoroughly "prime" the new coil head. Pay attention to the recommended wattage range for whichever coil resistance you choose. With each new coil, acknowledge the "break in" period of half a tank vaped before moving up in wattage.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers (sometimes). ;)

Yeah, you simply replace an old coil head with a new one. Of course, you have to thoroughly "prime" the new coil head. Pay attention to the recommended wattage range for whichever coil resistance you choose. With each new coil, acknowledge the "break in" period of half a tank vaped before moving up in wattage.

Can I go a little below recommended wattage for break in? Like the coil I have in now is 30 to I think 80 on the side, I've read in other threads it's not a bad idea to go like 25 or 27 for half a tank to a tank.

Lastly, I cleaned everything out on the Melo III Mini I have, replaced the o-rings with new ones and so far so good, but does your Pico get hot? It's not like scorching hot, but it's noticeably warm during and after use. I'm not chain vaping either, This is after like 3 smallish hits over the course of like a flat minute. I don't remember it doing this for the first month I used it before I ditched it when I bought it about a year ago.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can I go a little below recommended wattage for break in? Like the coil I have in now is 30 to I think 80 on the side, I've read in other threads it's not a bad idea to go like 25 or 27 for half a tank to a tank.

... does your Pico get hot? It's not like scorching hot, but it's noticeably warm during and after use. I'm not chain vaping either, This is after like 3 smallish hits over the course of like a flat minute. I don't remember it doing this for the first month I used it before I ditched it when I bought it about a year ago.
You can try vaping it below recommended wattage range. The recommended wattage range for my 0.5 ohm coils is 30 - 60 watts, I believe. I use 30 watts for both the break-in period and after the break-in period.

I see no reason why the mod itself should be getting hot, unless there is some sort of malfunction of the circuit board. There is nothing in the mod that should generate enough heat to make it feel warm or hot. The tank may feel warm or hot to touch, because that's where the heating element is.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I wish I had another tank here to try and see if it's the tank or the mod.
Always a great idea to have a backup for every item you use.

You can't vape if you don't have a charged battery, always have a charged spare.
You can't vape if your only tank or coil stops working, always have spares.
You can't vape if you run out of e-liquid.

:rules: BACKUPS FOR YOUR BACKUPS.

Last edited:
  • Winner

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
Always a great idea to have a backup for every item you use.

You can't vape if you don't have a charged battery.
You can't vape if your tank or coil stops working.
You can't vape if you run out of e-liquid.

:rules: BACKUPS FOR YOUR BACKUPS.
Yeah I know lol. When I was steady vaping I had a number of batteries, tanks, carts, clearomizers, etc. Right now I'm in the process of ordering some new stuff. I bought some new juice at a B&M in my area but they didn't have any of the tanks I wanted and all the tanks they had were pricey.

Barry Badrinath

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2009
New Jersey
You actually can use bigger tanks,. If you look on eBay you can buy a 22mm heat sink,. They are the same size as the Melo 3 tank,. They screw in where the tank does, then you screw the tank into the heat sink,. This raises the tank higher allowing you to use bigger tanks because they will now fit over the battery cap. They are also supposed to keep the battery and tank cooler. They sell for anywhere between $1.69-$6

Hi and welcome. Yes, if you can fit it on there-- if your heat sink is taller than the battery cap, maybe; of course you'd have to remove the tank to change the battery-- but really, it's not enough mod for that tank. If you get above 40ish watts on any single battery mod, battery life is horrible.

So I ordered a couple 4ml 25mm Vaporesso tanks to use with the Pico, along with a random 22mm heatsink off Fasttech and it won't keep contact. I have to tighten it to the point I'm worried I'm going to strip the threads or push the contact pins in on something and even then it's ready to loosen up when the wind blows.

Can you guys link me to some specific heat sinks you've used on this setup? Ebay, Fasttech, Gearbest, etc., wherever.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
PS - I would like to recommend the Original Baby Beast tank by Smok! It has a small diameter and that is what I used with my Pico.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of that option. Wasn't trying to mislead him, just didn't want him wasting money like I did. Appreciate You!
Just don’t use Smok coils in them. There are other coils that are compatible with the Baby tank. I haven’t had good luck with Smok coils.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
So I ordered a couple 4ml 25mm Vaporesso tanks to use with the Pico, along with a random 22mm heatsink off Fasttech and it won't keep contact. I have to tighten it to the point I'm worried I'm going to strip the threads or push the contact pins in on something and even then it's ready to loosen up when the wind blows.

Can you guys link me to some specific heat sinks you've used on this setup? Ebay, Fasttech, Gearbest, etc., wherever.
I can not, I am afraid. I don't use them.

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2016
I have a Pico device whilst it's my favourite device out of a lot of devices including more expensie ones that ive owned I mtl only on the pico. Personally If it was me i would look at at least a duo mod if you are constantly looking to vape at higher wattage, not saything its not powerful enough but you may get sick of changing the battery oftern and the pico can get pretty hot faster compared to other bigger multi battery mods in my opinion . When I first started vaping to get of the smokes I bought a tf4 after reading reviews saying how good it is, when i got it i hated it and It put me of vaping for a while untill i eventually bought a MTL tank which was the best thing I did (Vandy Vape berzerka mini). This was not because the tf4 is a bad tank its a great tank, its simply because sub vaping was not for me as it isn't for a lot of ex smokers who turn to vaping and its very easy for a ex smoker to jump straight into sub vaping because its much more popular and talked about than MTL with a lot more products available.

Another benefit of mtl I can get 24 hours per cell of battery life whilst vaping heavily on my pico with a nic.70 (around) 14-18w, my advice try both especially if your an ex smoker and I think you will like the pico even more for MTL:)

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread