Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedgoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
North Dakota
Ive been vaping for about 5 years now. I used to be part of this forum, but have not visited in a while. I found a set up that worked for me and stuck with it. The problem is my set up is mech mods using carto tanks. the issue is cartomizers are getting harder and harder to find. Im looking for some ideas on something to replace the carto tanks with. Easy to use, works with my mods (GP PAPS). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
how big, what type of connection,

I love my Aspire common bvc coil, 510 connection, aspire bvc atomizers which are common. Plain, no adjustments. I use that with an eleaf istick with watt or volt adjustment. All is easy to use, easy to fill, easy to find, and low price. I have real problems finding anything better. Everything else seems to be a disappoint. My eleaf istick is used daily and I've had it for 2 years. So I bought another one as a backup and 2 more in stash in case the FDA comes down on us.

Last edited:

Speedgoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
North Dakota
how big, what type of connection,

I love my Aspire common bvc coil, 510 connection, aspire bvc atomizers which are common. Plain, no adjustments. I use that with an eleaf istick with watt or volt adjustment. All is easy to use, easy to fill, easy to find, and low price. I have real problems finding anything better. Everything else seems to be a disappoint. My eleaf istick is used daily and I've had it for 2 years. So I bought another one as a backup and 2 more in stash in case the FDA comes down on us.

As for the aspire bvc atomizers, how often to you have to change them out? Im assuming for in an aspire nautilus?

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I would check out this thread Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

There should be plenty of options that may work for you. You might want to pick up a tank that you can buy both off the shelf atomizers and use a DIY deck. With the right tools making your own coils is much easier than you may think. They also have a big advantage in as much as you will not end up struggling to buy pre made coils later down the line. Vape gear moves on so quickly obsolescence can be a problem. Kanthal and cotton should always be easily available. Much cheaper too!

I don't use tanks so I can't recommend anything specific, but I am sure some of the tootle-puffers will help out.

Good luck

Reactions: seminolewind

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
As for the aspire bvc atomizers, how often to you have to change them out? Im assuming for in an aspire nautilus?

No Nautilus. Just a plain ole Aspire tank that takes BVC coils. My coils last me about 2-3 weeks at 1-2 ml per day. I don't change them unless they give a noticeable reduced vapor or start to gurgle. The BVC coils have 4 intake holes and the BDC has 2. The BDC's seem to always taste burnt.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I would check out this thread Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

There should be plenty of options that may work for you. You might want to pick up a tank that you can buy both off the shelf atomizers and use a DIY deck. With the right tools making your own coils is much easier than you may think. They also have a big advantage in as much as you will not end up struggling to buy pre made coils later down the line. Vape gear moves on so quickly obsolescence can be a problem. Kanthal and cotton should always be easily available. Much cheaper too!

I don't use tanks so I can't recommend anything specific, but I am sure some of the tootle-puffers will help out.

Good luck

Do those DIY decks fit all atomizers? I would not even know where to start.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
From what I have read some tanks come with a DIY deck and a deck that takes pre-made coils. So you could be up and running with the tank and pre-made coils and have a play with the DIY deck at a later date. if you wanted to or the coils become obsolete. I don't use a tank, I use a mech squonker, so I can't advise but somebody would know on the tootle-puffer thread. I would think you would be able to get something that is similar in vape style to a cartomizer. That thread is for lower wattage, generally mouth to lung vapers... I would let them know you use a mech and what resistance cartomizer you like and you should get some options that will suit you.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread