RDA need some advice on RDAS please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchaggis79

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
ohio
Looking for an rda to go with this HCigar Stingray X Mod Clone JD Tech . I'm looking for something at least fairly easy to build and good quality. I've heard good things about the plume veil, but haven't heard much about many others. I'm just looking for some advice and maybe a point in the right direction. I already have a little experience with building coils, but am far from great at it so getting something somewhat easy to work with would be great. Thanks all and appreciate the help you've all given me over the years.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
Brass Monkee. Plume Veil and Raiju all have a dual center post and are easy to build from the get go of the rda's that i own. after that, coil height and position in relation to the air flow are all things learned by experience. once you get it working a fine tune of wire size and personal preference of OHM's will get you a fantastic vape..... and then of course there is the wicking challenge. i prefer organic cotton... hint..this is an ongoing tweak. i have been working at it for about 8 months and still learn everyday. best of luck.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I own a Plume. I loved it. Sorta. Long story...

Anyway, I currently am using a Mutation X and an very pleased with it. Super airy RDA but only if that's what you want. This atty is so versatile. Want clouds? Open 'er up. Want flavor? Close 'er down. And talk about capacity? I drip 20-24 drops from a glass dripper needle and I am good to go for a while.

Super easy dual build and an authentic (albeit built in China) as cheap as a clone. I paid 25 bux for mine and couldn't be happier.

Best of luck in your decision.

mchaggis79

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
ohio
All the clones of the Brass Monkee that I've seen are of the V1. The V2 has some nice improvements - bigger post holes and better airflow and the authentic is around $65 so it's pretty reasonably priced. Brass Monkee v2 Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer RDA by Standard Functions (SF)

Unfortunately if I were just buying a new rda I would definitely consider the v2 brass monkee, but I'm also buying the stingray I linked in my first post, two or three batteries, and an rda, and maaaybe a kick so unfortunately I don't have the budget for the authentic brass monkee. I'm rly hoping to keep it under like $30 for an rda, I will consider a little higher if it's really worth it. I just really like the dual positive posts on the monkee and plume veil so I'm hoping to find a good clone of either of them.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
You might would like the Infinite CLT RDA, I was more pleased with it as far as build quality than most of my cloned RDA's, and it's a dual positive block on the center post I believe. I have the Infinite CLT which is authentic, even though it's a few other designs cloned into one, but infinite is the authentic maker. There's probably clones unfortunately so if you do get it, I can't recommend a cloned one as I have only had and used the original. I think it runs about $30 brand new for the authentic one, and there's a V2 out now that looks really nice.

You might check out vapingwalrus.com and see what they have, they're one of my favorite vendors for buying clones because they have EXCELLENT support, they really take care of their customers. And they're very honest and upfront. If I email them asking about a particular RDA and it's quality, they'll tell me that it's built pretty good, or if not they'll say something like "Unfortunately I've seen a few problems with these, if it's build quality you want, we have product x and product y that are built really well and have the features you wanted"

Edit: Here's a link to the CLT V2 info with a discount code, make sure the discount code is still live though since I don't know how long they were offering that deal, still a good price/good read at least either way
http://vapingcheap.com/clt-v2-rda-by-infinite/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread