Need Veteran Advice: Need a Non-Leak, Top-Fill Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
Had a Subtank Mini. Occasionally leaked, even when cleaned and standing.

What I'm looking for:

* Zero leak (I've heard the Cubis is good, but not so great for performance)

* Only Top-Fill (or just convenient fill in general)

* Only Stainless Steel Construction (don't trust any other "materials")

* Affordable and dependable replacement parts (good performance coils, etc)

* Sturdy glass (not easily cracked)

* Great performance in general

* Does not need to be giant. Sub-tank mini's ML was fine.

Also, if anyone thinks there's a better site than Misthub let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I actually recommend the Innokin iSub Apex. You have a variety of coils and even a RBA. It comes in 3ml and 5ml capacity. Stainless steel with an inner pyrex glass window and an outer Plastic window. Top airflow control. I have had this bad boy since May and no leaks, unless you try to vape with the juice ports open :facepalm::oops::lol:. I Love this tank and it is so sturdy. Dropped it sooo many times and only busted the glass driptip I had on it. :facepalm:

I hope find a good tank for you, I know the Apex is good for me. :thumbs::thumbs:

birdfor3

Moved On
    Jul 15, 2015
    I actually recommend the Innokin iSub Apex. You have a variety of coils and even a RBA. It comes in 3ml and 5ml capacity. Stainless steel with an inner pyrex glass window and an outer Plastic window. Top airflow control. I have had this bad boy since May and no leaks, unless you try to vape with the juice ports open :facepalm::oops::lol:. I Love this tank and it is so sturdy. Dropped it sooo many times and only busted the glass driptip I had on it. :facepalm:

I hope find a good tank for you, I know the Apex is good for me. :thumbs::thumbs:

grassy ....

sounds like a nice set. been recommended the crowne 2 with either Ipower80 or Smoktech H external battery, though.

I'll think about looking into that Isub though.

Reactions: celticluvr

gotch23

ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2011
    Fukuoka, Japan
    Well... they are all going to be able to leak.
    Comes with the territory.

Those that have the airflow holes on top might
    not leak, but instead it's possible to flood
    the atomizer chamber and thus get juice in
    your mouth. Pick your poison.

That being said, i like the Kanger Subtank/Toptank/Protank 4
    and the Atlantis EVO. If you want a little higher powered vape,
    i'd go with the Smok TFV8 Baby. Of the ones mentioned i find
    the Atlantis EVO most leak resistant, though they are all solid
    in this regard.

Last edited:

birdfor3

Moved On
    Jul 15, 2015
    Well... they are all going to be able to leak.
    Comes with the territory.

Those that have the airflow holes on top might
    not leak, but instead it's possible to flood
    the atomizer chamber and thus get juice in
    your mouth. Pick your poison.

That being said, i like the Kanger Subtank/Toptank/Protank 4
    and the Atlantis EVO. If you want a little higher powered vape,
    i'd go with the Smok TFV8 Baby. Of the ones mentioned i find
    the Atlantis EVO most leak resistant, though they are all solid
    in this regard.

realized too many hippies are going with the sub ohm trend and I'd be wanting mostly mtl like a cigarette.

narrowed it down to triton mini, aspire mini/nautilus x, cubis, and toptank mini (which is kind of dual function). maybe endura as well. I don't care if it's designated sub ohm as long as it performs mtl well and is leak resistant and refills top.

Reactions: gotch23

gotch23

ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2011
    Fukuoka, Japan
    subohm-hippies.. haha... really?

narrowed it down to triton mini, aspire mini/nautilus x, cubis, and toptank mini (which is kind of dual function). maybe endura as well. I don't care if it's designated sub ohm as long as it performs mtl well and is leak resistant and refills top.

Sounds like a good selection. Can't help any further, because I don't own
    any of those you mentioned. But if i were in the market these would also be my top contenders for what you want.
    Thus far my favorite MTL-tank has been the Nautilus mini. So i'd be looking at
    the Nautilus X first.

Last edited:

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Ya the airflow options are a bit better for the protank 4. I was able to actually get a decent MTL on it. I don't like the filling as much though, compared to the toptank.

But since it sounds like you're leaning more toward MTL, honestly...I'd suggest just getting a Nautilus X (specifically with the 1.8 coils) It's just gonna give you that cig experience far better than something like the protank 4. The better option would be to get 2 tanks, one for MTL, and one for sub'ing. Obviously it just comes down to money though.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

nilesong

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2011
    Sector 001
    realized too many hippies are going with the sub ohm trend and I'd be wanting mostly mtl like a cigarette.

I love the Nautilus mini. Sure it's a bottom fill, but the coils are cheap enough and the mtl experience is so awesome that I can deal with the bottom fill. Plus I can't get it to leak! The Cerotank is another of my staples. Same story....bottom fill bt great experience and hasn't leaked.

My husband likes the Aspire Triton 2. It's top fill, hasn't leaked. I find it too airy of a vape, but he mtl's with it and is satisfied. Coils are more expensive than the Nautilus or Cerotank but the top fill is a plus.

Sent from my NX-74205 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread