Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Taste and preferred builds can shift over time, you might want to wait a few months before getting rid of it.
True. Never thought I would have been a dual coil big air girl, but I like it. and jup, I'm still in the experimenting stage. Trying a .59 ohm today for the first time going that low. I am getting some notes from my custard that I didn't have before, but so far it's just ok, not super loving it. But I haven't cared for any of the tiny atties I've tried.

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
not for me but thanks. Found out I don't care for tiny atties. I have an ERA that I may be parting with. Was just trying to find out if they were the same thing, but as usual I was just cornfoozled.
The ERA and Hornet is all I use. I don't really care for that huge RM2.

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The ERA and Hornet is all I use. I don't really care for that huge RM2.
I paged you on another thread. I know you like these, and someone was asking about how hard a hornet would be to build compared to an RM2. I think Penguiness started the thread about 14500's. so if you see this first, go check it out please. thank you. :)

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
I paged you on another thread. I know you like these, and someone was asking about how hard a hornet would be to build compared to an RM2. I think Penguiness started the thread about 14500's. so if you see this first, go check it out please. thank you. :)
I build them the same. It's just a smaller area, but it's not too small. I started out building on Protank heads, it's way more space than that. Actually, I drop a coil or two on the RM2 to get the same flavor. For me, the more atty volume, the more power I have to throw at it to get the same flavor. That's why the Hornet works so well for the 14500, it doesn't take as much battery to get flavor.

Reactions: JC Okie

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Reactions: Cheryl75

Cheryl75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
MO
If you would, go talk to cheryl here Reo Mini 14500's | E-Cigarette Forum

I think she was concerned about how much less space there was to maneuver. Thought you'd get the link from the page in your alerts so I didn't post it before.
Hey Deb, if you mean when we tag someone like this --- @Debadoo , Mrs C tagged me like that & i did not get any notifications or alerts for that, only that she liked my other post. Any idea how that is supposed to alert us?

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
Pros for the 14500 would be it's thinner and narrower making it the smallest Reo possible. You can carry it anywhere. The cons would be it's the shortest battery life and it only has a 13mm ID catch cup, so there are only a few attys that will fit it.

Pros for the LP Mini 2.1 are longer battery life and you could put anything on it. The cons would be if you start putting big attys on it at low ohms, your battery life would quickly be less than a 14500 with a smaller higher ohm atty. It's a medium size Reo so it's not really that much advantage size wise, to me, over a Grand. It's shorter but still about as thick and wide.

I have a Grand and a 14500. I got rid of my 2.1 because I just didn't see the point of a medium size. Other people on here love them.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hey Deb, if you mean when we tag someone like this --- @Debadoo , Mrs C tagged me like that & i did not get any notifications or alerts for that, only that she liked my other post. Any idea how that is supposed to alert us?

Yeah, I got the alert that you tagged me here......check your alert preferences. They have to use the @ symbol. any chance she just said your name? Alert preferences should be defaulted to alert on tags. I turned off my like alerts and some others, but kept it if someone tags me.

I have a Grand and a 14500. I got rid of my 2.1 because I just didn't see the point of a medium size. Other people on here love them.
But now you don't have a mama bear....only a daddy bear and a baby bear!! :(

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
So the catch cup is only 13mm on the 14500? rats the Chalice is 13.9mm according to Robs info. So is the Hornet the only atty that fits this? I was interested in it originally now I am thinking it may just be too small. Does am RM2 fit it? cause that's bigger. I have CH PDA and both that and the Chalice appear to be smaller than than the RM2. :|

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
The standard RM2 fits them it has been turned down, not the LP. Some of the new and improved 14500 Minis will be LP so you can put anything on them. Anything bigger than an RM2 and you won't be able to raise the door, but you can still go down. There are a few old attys that will fit the old 14500 cup. Most people want bigger and bigger now. I will never see the point, but that's just me. I was going to send you the link for compatible attys, but the tables are all messed up after the software change.

Reo compatible RBAs | E-Cigarette Forum

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
I hear people getting excited because with the new batteries AW has came out you can sub ohm one of these. What would be the point of sub ohming on a 14500? I would think you would be changing out batteries every few minutes.

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
yeah really, I wouldn't really be looking at it for sub ohm. I do like some of the smaller RDAs and would want the 14500 as a supplemental Reo for those special instances, but to me I don't consider the Grand too be too big. I run the smaller RDA's about 1 ohms and a little. The 22mm's yeah, sub ohm, but on a Grand.
I hear people getting excited because with the new batteries AW has came out you can sub ohm one of these. What would be the point of sub ohming on a 14500? I would think you would be changing out batteries every few minutes.
and I still don't know how to work this software :(

Reactions: JC Okie

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Thanks, I think I had seen that thread. I do believe I have several that will fit no problem and if it is LP well, no worries. I'm on an austerity program right now, just hope I can have things all taken care of by the time these come out in the future. With all the new attys that seem to pop up daily it's hard to keep an accurate list. That Hornet base sure looks like a PDA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread