reo mini firing pin needs fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

becky127

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Arkansas
I picked up a purple reo mini from the ecf classifieds then eventually bought a green/black mini from Rob's sale. With the new green/black mini I noticed a huge difference in the firing pins ease of use between the two. My purple mini needs...I believe...a replacement pin. I did use the naolox (sp?) on it and it didn't help. How do I get in touch with Rob to send in the purple to have it fixed? I did send an email through the contact spot on his website, but I haven't heard back as to how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
Hey becky127, congrats on your REOs!

Just e-mail or call Rob and he'll tell you what you need to do. There is a new firing pin replacement and I'm sure he'll be happy to get you fixed up. You'll just have to incur the shipping on it.

Yeah, you can also box it up and get it ready to go, addressed to his address on the reosmods.com site, then PM him here and tell him you've sent it. Then he'll know to look out for it. =)

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Is there a way to verify if a Mini has the newer firing pin just by looking at it? I'm unsure if mine has the updated version or the older style pin.

If you bought it from REO in the past few months, it has the new firing pin. If you bought it earlier or from the classifieds, it may or may not have the new firing pin. If you take the batt out and push the pin down, you should see a point at the end of the pin that is slightly bent down.

Amajn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
New York
www.gloryvapes.com
Mine have the original firing pin im assuming they are from the first couple of batches

I use noalox on all my mods i just take a qtip and apply some to the strip right where the strip touches the batt

it makes the connection strong and keeps it firing i have not had any issues i even dab some on the positive side of the batt to make sure when testing the volts its getting full power....

Noalox ensures the flow of juice from the batt to the connector is full its like having ur batt High def flows at full capacity so at least for me i know i do not need a diff firing pin

also i take the button out and clean grease that area as it gets rough after alot of use

He's the best!!! Bought a mini from the 'SWAP" forum which would consistantly flood. Even with every ones suggestions it continued to do so. I called him and Rob thought it may have been one of his originals with slightly over sized tubing and suggested I send it to him to be checked out. I did so and gave him a call the next week. Turns out the switch had a short which his associate repaired FREE OF CHARGE. Shortly afterwards he fixed me up with a Grand and between the 2, I'm very happy with very little flooding problems.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
He's the best!!! Bought a mini from the 'SWAP" forum which would consistantly flood. Even with every ones suggestions it continued to do so. I called him and Rob thought it may have been one of his originals with slightly over sized tubing and suggested I send it to him to be checked out. I did so and gave him a call the next week. Turns out the switch had a short which his associate repaired FREE OF CHARGE. Shortly afterwards he fixed me up with a Grand and between the 2, I'm very happy with very little flooding problems.
That's great news Hoppyy! Rob is the best, bar none!! You can see why he and his Reo Mods have such a following!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread