New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I want to start off by saying this is an awesome program. The layout is very clear and easy to use. The inventory and shopping list features are extremely useful. Ingredient details and defaults are easily customized. And on and on. I almost registered a couple weeks ago to suggest a "Make Recipe" button but I got distracted by life.

I have found a bug with the "Make Recipe" button though. It does not appear to be reducing the inventory of my base ingredients. Nic, PG, and VG are unchanged; but all of the flavors are reduced per the recipe.

I also have a feature request for the ingredient default options: a default alarm threshold. That is one setting that I manually change when adding new ingredients.

Thanks again for the program and the effort you put into keeping it updated and responding to bugs and request.
Actually the inventory is being reduced however the "Inv" column in the recipe display is not being updated reflecting the changed value. If you select another recipe and go back to the original recipe you will see the update. I will address this in the next version.
I also discovered that I am not triggering the inventory threshold alarms when the make recipe button is clicked and the inventory amount falls below the threshold, also addressed in the next version.

I also have a feature request for the ingredient default options: a default alarm threshold. That is one setting that I manually change when adding new ingredients.
I will add a default value for the alarm threshold in the options window.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 7.0.1.4 is available. Changes include:

1. When clicking the "Make recipe" button the inventory amounts displayed in the selected recipe were not being updated. Fixed.

2. When clicking the "Make recipe" button the inventory alarm thresholds were not being checked and displaying any inventory alarms. Fixed.

3. In the Tools->Options, Ingredient defaults tab, added a default alarm threshold which is used to populate the threshold value of new ingredients.

SomethingSomething

Jul 11, 2016
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but keeps saying Unable to add enough VG for desired level when I add nic. 100% PG Base. %'s add up correctly but still throws that. Go .01 below and then it throws error for costs not provided (don't have cost for pg in because I only add pg through flavor/nic). The VG/PG % also don't manually adjust when you add the nic.

Also thanks for taking your time to bring us this it's pretty user friendly and works well.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 47

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Version 7.0.1.4 is available. Changes include:

3. In the Tools->Options, Ingredient defaults tab, added a default alarm threshold which is used to populate the threshold value of new ingredients.

HotRod,

I most certainly appreciate all the work you put into this so I do not want to seem otherwise when I ask, would a percentage threshold be more appropriate as opposed to mls? Also, once set, will this affect all current ingredients or only newly added ones?

Reactions: smacuser

skineedog

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
I think that if you were to use a precentage value then the threshold would never be reached for an alarm. The threshold would change every time the ingredient was used.
Unless the initial number of mls for the threshold was calculated as a precentage of the initial inventory. Is that the idea skineedog?

Yes, that's the idea although I see your point.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but keeps saying Unable to add enough VG for desired level when I add nic. 100% PG Base. %'s add up correctly but still throws that. Go .01 below and then it throws error for costs not provided (don't have cost for pg in because I only add pg through flavor/nic). The VG/PG % also don't manually adjust when you add the nic.
The message that you are seeing, unable to add enough VG, is an informational message telling you that the calculator was unable to create a mix at exactly the percentage that you were requesting. It can be ignored.

The calculator does all of its calculations using several decimal places however it only displays the volume values with two decimal points. The PG percentage in your flavor ingredients totals 17.5% (6+3+7+1.5). Your nicotine is contributing 8.3333…. percent to your PG level making the total PG in the recipe 25.8333…. resulting in the maximum amount of VG of 74.1666…. which is less than 74.17 and this is what is triggering the message.

Enter this number in the VG percentage box: 74.1667. Notice that the window refreshes to show you 74.17 in the box (only shows 2 decimal points) however under the covers the calculator tracks that you requested 74.1667%. Your warning goes away because the VG percentage is being met.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Yes, that's the idea although I see your point.
Yes, what Ed Sause stated. It boils down to using a percentage of what value. The total inventory is constantly changing. Even calculating the percentage at the time the inventory value is entered is troublesome.
For example lets use a percentage value of 10% and you enter you initial inventory of 50. The alarm value will be calculated to 5. After making several recipes you notice that your remaining inventory of, lets say 10, is not accurate and you want to update it to reflect what you have remaining, a new value of 8. Does the calculator recalculate the alarm to a value of 0.8? The problem is knowing when the value should be calculated and when it should not be calculated.

Reactions: IDJoel

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hotrod.....hope you read this or someone who can help

I got a new computer recently and thought I saved the ejuice calculator......but it wont open and I have hundreds of recipes on it, hope someone here can help me get a reinstall and my recipes back.

Love this program and its all I use....HELP

Will the calculator not launch or will the recipe file not open? You can download the installation program from diyjuicecalculator.com. Your file with your recipes by default, are stored in your Documents folder in a sub folder called either JuiceCalculator or ejuicecalculator (I am traveling and away from my computer). That is the default location however you may have opted to store them in another location.

Also, if you had the "backup" option turned on there is a sub folder called backups, in the JuiceCalculator folder where you can find dated backups of your recipe file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: madLyfe

SDGIANTSFAN

Oct 9, 2014
San Diego
Will the calculator not launch or will the recipe file not open? You can download the installation program from diyjuicecalculator.com. Your file with your recipes by default, are stored in your Documents folder in a sub folder called either JuiceCalculator or ejuicecalculator (I am traveling and away from my computer). That is the default location however you may have opted to store them in another location.

Also, if you had the "backup" option turned on there is a sub folder called backups, in the JuiceCalculator folder where you can find dated backups of your recipe file.

Got them, just fired up the old machine went right where you said and transferred all the saved xml files.

Thanks for the help, and didn't realize there was an update, so now using the newer version.

Love this program

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hey @HotRod19579 on the main page it's now posting Juice Calculator as the only mirror as opposed to the usual Dropbox download. On that website it's displaying version 6.0.2.2, where as it should be 7.0.1.4. Is that normal, is the website legit? What happened to Dropbox/Google Drive mirrors?

The links to Dropbox and Google still work but ECF had to remove my original links due to being against ECF policies and they replaced it with a link to my website.

My bad on the version that is being displayed, I will update it. The available download on the website will get the latest version.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
HotRod.
Food for thought. I would like to see a simple calc that would let me input the acctual measured qty of each component and give me the resultant nic and vg/pg ratio. I dont see a work around with the current simple calcs. Might be nice it if this calc opened in a seperate window.
Have you looked at the "Tools->Build recipe from ingredient amounts" option? The difference between this option and a simple calculator would be the entry of unnamed ingredients rather than selecting ingredients that exists in your inventory.

engmia

Apr 29, 2016
The links to Dropbox and Google still work but ECF had to remove my original links due to being against ECF policies and they replaced it with a link to my website.

My bad on the version that is being displayed, I will update it. The available download on the website will get the latest version.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up! I actually noticed the downloaded version IS the latest one available (7.0.1.4) so it's all good.

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread