New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
Hotrod, this is strange. After reading your response I opened the Calculator and I can't get it to duplicate what it was doing last night. Today the Target Amount and the Total amount are changing as they should with any change in ingredients. That was not happening last night. So sorry to bother you as it is working intuitively today.

Perhaps I would not have had an issue if the Target Amount defaulted to the Amount of Mix when I initially opened the window and set the Amount of Mix, and then changed from there as ingredients were changed. I see what you mean about Catch 22. Thanks again.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hot Rod, I have a suggestion for the main recipe window.

The put-up menu for recipes currently shows just eight recipes before having to scroll. It would be nice if this would be longer. Possibly the whole length of the window similar to how the ingredients pop-up menu is in the ingredients tab.

Thanks
Are you referring to the dropdown list labeled "Recipes"? My list shows 30 recipes in the dropdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I just checked this on 4 different PCs and they all show 30. What version are you running and do you have any unique settings for screen resolution or fonts?

Version 6.0.0.1 on XP, resolution is 1280 x 960
I'm running this in a Virtual Machine on my iMac so that may be the problem. I'll play around with VirtualBox and see what I can do.

Perhaps it's XP? I know it's outdated system software, but It's all I've got and since your program is the only thing I run in Windows I'm not spending the money for an update.

It's really not a major issue, so don't worry about!

Azyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Holiday, Florida
www.milieux.com
Love the addition of categories. It would be useful if I could assign multiple categories to a recipe though- so maybe adding to that function, or adding a 'keywords' function to bring up recipes by keyword. For instance, one of my categories is Flavor Art for my FA recipes, another is a temp "To mix next" category. It would be nice if I could assign it to both and be able to subtract the 'mix next' category later. Likewise, I'd like to be able to categorize all blueberry recipes, even though they might fall into other categories like Flavor Art, Bakery,Tea etc. as well. I know I can search all recipes by ingredient, but it would be more convenient to have that integrated into category as currently I would have to search the ingredient, get the list (which may be lengthy and isn't selectable) then close the search and find the recipe. Likewise if I'm in the mood for a Tea recipe, I'd like to be able to pull them all up together even though they are also in other categories.

In addition to this, it would be nice to be able to bulk edit my categories. My database has gotten fairly large, so being able to pull up all my recipes and select all the ones I want for a category or keyword at once would be helpful.

Reactions: aydinpr
Does anyone else get errors when inputting dates into last made, or ingredient purchase dates?

Mine comes up with invalid format if I put it in in the incorrect American style, or the proper British way...

I think there might be an issue with localisation and/or how the date time strings are stored perhaps? Or an incorrect cast forcing EN-US rather than UTC?

Windows 8.1, EN-GB (2057) locale

When entering the date in "Last made on" field I have to use the format "MM/DD/YY". The field display changes to "MM/DD/YYYY".
Under Tools - Options - "Print defaults" tab I set the date format to "DD/MM/YY" This applies the English date format to the printing on the labels. However I can't find any way to alter the format of the "Last made on" field.
Version 6.0.0.1 on Win 7.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Does anyone else get errors when inputting dates into last made, or ingredient purchase dates?

Mine comes up with invalid format if I put it in in the incorrect American style, or the proper British way...

I think there might be an issue with localisation and/or how the date time strings are stored perhaps? Or an incorrect cast forcing EN-US rather than UTC?

Windows 8.1, EN-GB (2057) locale
I am working on a change to take into account the locale settings for the ingredient purchase date and the recipe last made date. I should be posting an updated version before the end of the week. My apologies but I have no experience in taking into account locale settings. Assuming the next version corrects the issues you are having, I would appreciate feedback on other areas of the calculator that need to be updated to make allowances for the locale settings.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Tossing my question for @HotRod19579 out there again:

Is it possible to make it so that a nicotine dilution is added to an existing base/ingredient rather than saving it as a new ingredient?

All my nic is 100mg/mL and i have various "working" dilutions that I work with. So let's say my most frequently used is "Nic 24mg HV" and I have 10ml of that left. I take a bottle of 100mg, dilute 28ml so it is 24mg 50/50 and now I want to add that to inventory. I can't just add that to my existing "ingredient" so it will add that resulting 113ml to the existing 10ml. I have to create a "new" ingredient to save as, so it will also subtract the nic/pg/vg from inventory

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I thought this was the most complete D.I.Y. program over a year and a half ago. Do I need a tutor to use your program now? :2cool:

Since I'm at it Rod, the hot rodder, I have been wondering if this program now can tell me that if I have a bananas foster flavor, it will point me to the recipes I have in my collection that contain it?

I have the now ancient version 5.0.0.4 installed and running faster than a Mach 1. :smokie:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I thought this was the most complete D.I.Y. program over a year and a half ago. Do I need a tutor to use your program now? :2cool:

Since I'm at it Rod, the hot rodder, I have been wondering if this program now can tell me that if I have a bananas foster flavor, it will point me to the recipes I have in my collection that contain it?

I have the now ancient version 5.0.0.4 installed and running faster than a Mach 1. :smokie:

Yes, it can. "Search for recipes" then choose your ingredient. Recipes containing said ingredient are displayed on the right :)

I am working on a change to take into account the locale settings for the ingredient purchase date and the recipe last made date. I should be posting an updated version before the end of the week. My apologies but I have no experience in taking into account locale settings. Assuming the next version corrects the issues you are having, I would appreciate feedback on other areas of the calculator that need to be updated to make allowances for the locale settings.

Cheers bud. I shall look forwards to it :) I know localisation can be a bit tricky, but at least its a lot easier in .NET than it used to be!

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Tossing my question for @HotRod19579 out there again:

Is it possible to make it so that a nicotine dilution is added to an existing base/ingredient rather than saving it as a new ingredient?

All my nic is 100mg/mL and i have various "working" dilutions that I work with. So let's say my most frequently used is "Nic 24mg HV" and I have 10ml of that left. I take a bottle of 100mg, dilute 28ml so it is 24mg 50/50 and now I want to add that to inventory. I can't just add that to my existing "ingredient" so it will add that resulting 113ml to the existing 10ml. I have to create a "new" ingredient to save as, so it will also subtract the nic/pg/vg from inventory
Let me make sure that I understand. You have a nicotine entry such as Nicotine100. You dilute it to 24mg and you want to save it as something such as Nicotine24. Currently you get an error message that it is a duplicate.
You would like for me to add an option to add the volume of the ingredient you just created to the Nicotine24? Maybe put a checkbox in the "duplicate" error message to allow the volume to be increase?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 6.0.0.3 is available for download. The changes include:

Added the ability to track some history related to a recipe. In this version I added the ability to track 1) the dates a recipe was printed and 2) update to the "last made" date.

Related to history, added a new option (Tools->Options) on the "Recipe Defaults" tab to update the "last made" date of the recipe when the recipe is printed.

Related to history, added a new menu item (View->Recipe history) to show the history events.

Added support for considering the Windows "region/locale" settings when displaying and updating the recipes "last made" date and the ingredients "purchase date".

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Version 6.0.0.3 is available for download. The changes include:

Added the ability to track some history related to a recipe. In this version I added the ability to track 1) the dates a recipe was printed and 2) update to the "last made" date.

Related to history, added a new option (Tools->Options) on the "Recipe Defaults" tab to update the "last made" date of the recipe when the recipe is printed.

Related to history, added a new menu item (View->Recipe history) to show the history events.

Added support for considering the Windows "region/locale" settings when displaying and updating the recipes "last made" date and the ingredients "purchase date".
Thanks Rod!

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Let me make sure that I understand. You have a nicotine entry such as Nicotine100. You dilute it to 24mg and you want to save it as something such as Nicotine24. Currently you get an error message that it is a duplicate.
You would like for me to add an option to add the volume of the ingredient you just created to the Nicotine24? Maybe put a checkbox in the "duplicate" error message to allow the volume to be increase?
Yes! I need to add the volume to existing Nicotine24 as well as cost, while subtracting the base ingredients from inventory (nic/pg/vg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread