New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
After doing some research it would appear that there is a problem with your installation of the .Net Framework 4.0. Penguiness's suggestion is to alter the application to use an older version of the framework. That won't work in this case, the application is using features that are not in the older framework. I have continued to limit myself to the 4.0 framework so that XP users can use the calculator.
At this point the only thing I know to do is to try to repair the installation of the framework. It may be worth re-downloading the install program and reinstall the framework. Maybe running Windows update would fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: penguiness

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Personally, I would abandon XP users. Long past time they upgraded. How many people are really using XP these days?
He is using Vista but that's worse than XP unfortunately.

EDIT:
Just realized you were not replying to the Vista user. Disregard last transmission.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
May I make a small request mainly because I'm lazy: When I saw my recipe to PDF or Send to Kindle it doesn't pick up the name of the recipe only showing "document".

I am digging this calculator a great deal. Adding ingredients has been easy and mixing by weight is a wonderful thing. Thanks again HotRod and all here for the learning and directions.

Reactions: Redbellie

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
It allows you to store the application and your file on a thumb drive or other removable writable media and open on any compatable device instead of installing the app onto a single PC
Ah... That could be really useful! I've been trying to get the guy that introduced me to DIY to try it out. Now I could go there with my current setup and demo it for him, that will make him a believer ;)

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I just made V6.0.2.3 available. There is a new menu option available "Tools->Import recipes and ingredients from starter kit". When selected a recipe starter kit will be downloaded and a window will open giving you the option to import recipes and ingredients from the start kit.
The recipe items in the starter kit were provided by other users of the calculator and I added the ingredients provided by munchichee in the previous post.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I installed just now. Recipes and ingredients are there but, none of my ingredients and recipes from the previous version are available. Is there a way to export from the previous version? Apologies if this is noted somewhere.

Thanks
Are you saying that after you installed the update your previous juice file containing your recipes and ingredients did not open?

Does you previous juice file show when you select "File->Open recent"?

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Are you saying that after you installed the update your previous juice file containing your recipes and ingredients did not open?

Does you previous juice file show when you select "File->Open recent"?

With 6.0.1.3 all my ingredients and recipes are still there. I installed the new calculator and was able to see the ingredients and recipes available to import from the starte kit but, Open Recent is not available. it's there just not able to select it.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
With 6.0.1.3 all my ingredients and recipes are still there. I installed the new calculator and was able to see the ingredients and recipes available to import from the starte kit but, Open Recent is not available. it's there just not able to select it.
I uninstalled the version that I was using, installed V6.0.1.3 and then installed V6.0.2.3 and I still see the file that I had opened in the V6.0.1.3 version.

By chance was your previous version the "PortableSetup" and then you installed the normal setup (or vice versa)? That would trigger what you are seeing however your juice file should still be there. You would need to do a "File->Open" and navigate to the location of your file and select it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread