New citizen of Reoville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugget40

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
MA-NH
I decided it was finally time to purchase my first Reo about a week and a half ago after looking and looking for two months now. I am still somewhat new to vaping, I started on May 1st and put down cigs for good on June 1st. I have progressed fairly quickly in this hobby, I was rebuilding my protanks after about 3 weeks, bought a Russian 91% after a month, a Magma and HCigar Brass Stingray a week later, and haven't looked back....I now own a few GREAT rdas(Magama,Plumeveil v1.5 on preorder and IGO-M v2) and mech mod clones(HCigar Stingray and Vapetech pegasus), and a dual 18650 DNA30 box from Magnum Modz. I found out quickly that I LOVE box mods(though still love the look of a nice mech) and dripping, and was dripping 75-80% of the time, despite the minor hassle of it(though the Magma only leaks if you over drip) I obviously have read a ton about Reos, as you must live in a bubble if you vape and haven't. I have wanted to try one for awhile, but was skeptical of the performance vs rda+mech(Magma has UNREAL flavor). So I finally jumped on the bandwagon after having a major oil spill using my IGO-M v2 in the car. I got a LP Grand with a RM2. When I first received I was surprised at how small the Reo was, tough to tell size from pics. I LOVED the form of it. I tried my first build on it with 28g Kanthal, accidentally used a 5/64 instead of a 1/16 drill bit, and it came out to 1.6ohm(that's when I realized the diameter flub). I threw it in anyway as I was excited to try it out. Good vapor, not so great flavor and way too tight of a draw for me. So I drilled the RM2 out with a 1/16 bit, threw a new coil, 28g on 1/16 bit, came to 1.1ohm. Better vapor production, flavor again not so good. I played with coil height and nothing improved flavor. I was getting frustrated. So I tried a new coil, 26g Kanthal on 1/16 bit, came to .9 ohm. Centered the coil directly in front of air hole as close to edge as I could get without shorting and, BINGO!!!! Amazing flavor, great vapor production, still not quite on par with the Magma, but that thing sets the standard for flavor. Im vaping Nicoticket GCD in it and it tastes just awesome. I am so glad I got it right somewhat quickly because I have read the horror story threads on here of people not getting it right, and I wanted to love my Reo sooo bad. Sorry for the long winded post, Im a bit of a story teller. Im pretty sure Im done buying equipment for a long time other than a couple new rdas for the Reo. Also cant wait until the next batch of Woodvilles, they are so gorgeous. A big thanks to Rob of course and contributors to this forum, especially Super X Drifter, whose posts and info helped me get my setup right. 10615498_693516010722533_8989236119257234143_n.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the props. Congrats and welcome. I'm glad to see you got that bad AYuss mod and atty running in total satisfaction mode :)

Note: what JC doesn't mention is that if I had to give a nickel for the people I've scared off I'd have sell my new grand to fund them all :)

Keep on rockin my brother :)

Oh and I have the exact same mod :)
ToGEzuy.jpg

Or is it this one?
1jkJE1U.jpg

I like mismatching the doors :)

Last edited:

Nugget40

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
MA-NH
Ill be keeping my mechs and current rdas the way they are, no modding, I wont be able to quit them...they will mostly stay at home, the Magma is just too good to mess with, AMAZING flavor, easy to build, great on both mech and regulated. I luckily did my homework and got two awesome, very hard hitting clones for $81 total COMBINED price, so no need to sell them. I will probably be selling my Provari, which seems like I wasted purchase as I only really used it sparingly for a few weeks, my MVP2, 3 Protank 2s(2 minis), Nautilus, and probably the Russian 91%. Provari was the second mod I ever purchased, forgot to add that into the story. Its really nice, but like I said I just progressed very quickly, didn't think it would happen that quick, otherwise I would have just bought a Reo lol. Only things I really spent bigger money on were the drippers(all original), my DNA30 box, and now the Reo. And so much for not buying any more equipment for awhile, Im ordering my 2nd Reo today as the one I really originally wanted came back in stock a few days after I purchased the 1st one....its a sickness I tell ya, I wanted my 2nd to be a Woodvil when they release in a couple months, but I guess that will have to be the 3rd...So new pics coming soon...anyone have suggestions on whether I should get the Reomizer 3.0 or 4.0 that have used both? I cant decide, I feel like the 4.0 is a good choice, its all SS, and though its bigger, its still only 19mm, and has adjustable airflow so you have options instead of a permanent setup. That's the only thing holding up my order is my indecisiveness on which rda to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread