• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New eGo T-TANK and Cartridges!! Pls talk about them here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
OK.First atomizer flooded all the time, as in ran wet, but no leaking per say. Very little vapor production and then draw got tight. Second atomizer barely wicks. On the second one, if I cover the air holes on the cone and inhale, I can prime it to get a good vape for a few minutes, then it starts burning the throat again. This is with Dekang and a 4 day period. I am not impressed and probably will not buy again. But at least I tried them, just $30 bucks less in my wallet.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I just broke mine out tonight and I'll tell you I am impressed. I ordered from Totally Wicked. The atty was full of primer so I blew it out and then soaked in PGA for a couple of hours. Then blew it out. Inserted prefilled tobacco cart tank and let it sit for 30 minutes. First vape has been heaven. I'm a real bottom feeder, LR atty head and I'm really impressed with the plumes of vapor and taste. The prefilled tank has a tobacco that is on the sweet side and a little bit pipeish. I haven't been doing much tobacco flavors lately, well for months, and use, predominately FSUSA Hopscotch, Butterscotch Almond, and Caramel Apple. Not many tobacco flavors are doing it for me right now except for Cuban from FSUSA.

I'm so impressed that I just called TW to see if they have overnight shipping so I can get a kit to a friend by Sat. I promised him DH's bunches of 801 batteries and gobs of attys and carts and juices. But I'd really like for him to start with the T-tank. (They are closed at this hour.)

I think the PGA soak got things going (besides clearing out the primer) as I had to do nothing special to start vaping. I'm really glad I kept my pink Mega eGo batteries so I can use this system.

I have a bunch of mods, moderate collection, and use predominately my Reos and Phidias bottom feeders, but I do love my Roughstack, especially with the Storm Tank, which retains the most flavor of juices, of anything. I, also, have a Don for the MAP tank and Nomads, to loan out, and aren't bad for 3.7 vaping and a tank mod.

I'm only on my first atty and tank but it was very easy with no learning curve. After 6 hours of standing up in a glass with occasional vaping, there is no leaking. Besides, with a manual battery some leaking is not much of an issue unless you are carrying in a pocket, but I haven't had any.

I'm very happy with it and will recommend/give the T-tank system to new vaping friends. It is so easy.

I, now, feel guilty for giving some friends some 510 kits I got for a great price but they haven't complained.

I highly recommend the T-tank system.

Alice

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I had the tank for 8 days now. Some days I love it. Others not so well. I suppose it is due to knowing that the mega LR attie is eyeballing me...just wanting me to vape it. However, I find the tank great for those car trips, shopping and chain vaping.

It brings out the flavor in some of my liquids. Others it dulls the taste. Which I may add is a good thing. This way I can vape some of the crappy juices I have.

The tank cart does need to be cleaned due to the residual at the bottom becoming thickened. I am still using the same attie 8 days later.

What I can really say at this time. I love this compared to normal ego attie, mega attie, and mega catomizers. However, I am hoping the attie will last some time. I have had no luck with the TW LR atties lasting more than 8-9 days before they diminish and need cleaning.

So far I only blow out the extra juice at night in the attie. It performs the same as day one. I use 80/20 and 60/40 type blends. The darker flavors seem to clog the attie. (I don't know why?)

I am still debating this tank. Maybe it will shine on a mod? Who knows? Would I order it again? I don't know.

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
Hey everyone!!
If you have gotten the NEW eGo T-Tanks and Carts, pls talk about them here. If you like them or not or just to praise or dis them. What ever you like..
Everyone who has an eGo I'm sure would like to know. (even people that can use them anywhere!)

I now have the TW T-Tank kit and I like it a lot. I'm wondering if the plastic mouthpiece (AKA-Tank) has a life expectancy.
The one mistake I mad was these special cone attys had some of their fluid present that I didn't clean out so it did have an effect on the taste for a bit. That said these are wonderful. Two full days of heavy vaping and no mess, no leaking. Easy to setup. The tank has a bottom cap you just pop off with you finger nail and then fill with juice and snap the cap back on the tank and insert into the cone atty which basically has a needle tip with a hole in the center that punctures the tank and the juice flows directly to the atty. Now I have had to rotate the tank mouthpiece if I notice the flavor fading, but its no big deal.
With all the new crap out there this is the best I've seen. I had bought a bunch of clearomizers and lets say...Well that needs work....Buy a Tank before everyone is out of stock...

zenoland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Central Florida
I bought 4 ego-T atomizers and a number of empty tanks. Of the 4, 2 work great. The other two had problems. One leaked after 3-4 puffs; I lost the juice from the tank before I could stop it. The other one will puff down to about 25% of the tank and leak afterwards. I can salvage it by keeping the eGo horizontally when I rest it.

Overall I love using the tanks though I'm usin almost twice as much liquid than I used to with my normal 510 atomizers and cartridges (using blue foam). I'm using FSUSA tiramisu 80/20 and Wyatt Earp (50/50) liquid.

I learned today that there is a 2nd version of the T-atomizers that is showing up on the market. The difference is the pin on the tank side. Instead of cylindrical up and down, the new pin is thin on the top and wider where it's connected to the plate in the atomizer. I suppose that will help keeping the tank hole better sealed and prevent leakage from the tanks. There is even a 2nd version of the empty tanks though the original version is said to work with the v2 T atomizer.

Tom950

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Been using mine for a about a week now. Took about a tanks worth or so to get rid of the nasty primer taste. Seems ok cept every now and then when I change tanks it tends to leak like **** all over the place. Also sometimes when I pop of the battery for a swap/recharge, I have some juice around the battery threads and inside the bottom of the cone

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
Have been using one from COV for 5 days now and really like it. No leaks at all no matter how it's oriented...so far.
Blew out the primer and had great taste and vape from the very first hit, I was impressed.
It does seem to blow through liquid much faster than any of my other solutions but I like it.

After my 2nd refill, probably halfway through, it got extremely hot and no vape, I kept doing primer puffs but no luck, removed the tank and reinserted a few times, no luck, refilled no luck, laid it down for about 5 minutes and it was back to normal for another refill or two.

2nd day vaped just great for a tank then dry again, I'd say I went through about 5 tanks at this point, yes I chain vape. So I gave it an alcohol bath but it was clean. Blew it out, dried it, dry burn x2 (3 seconds each) and saw the red glow on the side reflections so plugged in a tank and it went great for about 3 more tanks then dry again.

Refilled it and laid it down on it's side for the night.
Next morning it vaped like a train through half the tank then dry, refilled and laid down for maybe half hour and it was good again.

Now I seem to be getting a little better at the priming and taking slower hits. Also using a little thinner juice now at about 70/30. I usually run 50/50.

Overall, very pleased. I usually have about 5 different pvs all going at the same time...Infinity, eGo, Riva, box mod, 510 all with different ends...drip, carto's, ce2's, etc. I like variety and stability. If one doesn't work when I grab it, the next one in line better or it gets launched haha. But I have noticed that I'm reaching for the tank the most often now so I guess that means I like it.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I got mine yesterday and have vaped with it exclusively since. I LOVE it! No leaking, easy to fill, does mute the flavors a bit, but if you buy from places that you can get double or triple flavor, then it's perfect.

I was switching back and forth last night between an eGo with the tank, and one with an XL carto, and the tank tastes so much cleaner and fresher!!!!

I do think it's better on a Riva batt. I haven't tried it on a more powerful batt.

I read somewhere else that it needs to "rest'" (cool down) after about 6 six-second draws. I've done this and it's never overheated and vapor/taste has been great.

I fill by popping off the bottom of the tank. There's a little ledge there where the tank indents on either side, and I just use my fingernail. Haven't changed tanks yet. I have changed flavors. In between flavors, I just rinse out the tank, blow it, then dry out with a Qtip. Haven't had a problem with any juices and I've used dark, clear, medium, and various pg/vg mixes, with the norm for me being 60/40.

I do blow out the atty after each flavor, and then prime it with a little of the new juice.

Did I say that I love this thing?

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Purchased my Tank system from Liberty Flights. Wanted a system that will work for road trips and while driving. I use eGo & Riva. Both batteries are performing well with the Tank.

First cartridge I used was hard to pop the end cap off. Required a needle nose pliers. Discovered the end cap was attached to the cartridge with a piece of plastic, i.e., a manufacturing defeat in the Cartridge. Figures I would have 10 new cartridges laying here and I picked the one with a manufacturing defeat! I used this cartridge for 3 or 4 refills. It started leaking and I'm sure it was because I damaged it when I opened the end cap. Threw it away.

Grabbed another new cartridge. End Cap popped off of it with no problem at all. I've filled this one eight, or more, times and have had zero leaking, zero problems with this cartridge.

As previously mentioned, the atty contains a large amount of primer. Blew it out and proceeded to break it in, just like I do every other new atomizer. No problem. Mine broke in quickly and easily. Have not done alcohol bath yet. Have not needed to. Have not opened the other two Tank atomizers I have. Will get to them sometime this week. Will let you know if there are any problems with them.

Evening maintenance: I blow out the atty, put a cap on the cartridge, and leave all three pieces - Battery - Atomizer - Cartridge - laying on a towel on my desk. Reassemble them in the morning and they are good to go for the day.

I have two batteries going at any given time. I am a heavy vaper and often find myself chain vaping. The T-Tank System is actually a Third pv. It does Not take the use / abuse of my two dripping units. I am using the Tank system and will continue to use it as a third unit while I'm at home. I want to make sure they are fully functioning so I don't get any surprises while driving with these Tank Systems.

I rinse out my cartridge before refilling it. Dry off the outside and blow it out to remove as much water as possible. Refill and keep on vaping.

Note on the Cartridge End Cap: I have noticed a small hanging chad on my end cap, i.e., a small piece of plastic where the atomizer pierces the end cap. Removed it with a small scissor and tweezers.

It can be frustrating when you need to prime the Tank system. When you get used to dripping - you drip & vape. It is instant and consistent. The Tank system is a bit of an adjustment for me. Give the Tank system time to rest between vapes.

For me, dripping provides better flavor and vapor than the Tank system. Dripping is my first choice.

The Tank System is (hopefully) the system I will use while driving. I work at home and a couple times a month I end up on the road for a couple days at a time. Have not put the Tank system to the test while driving. I hope, I hope, I hope....it works the way I want it to. I think it will.

Paula

Mikkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Pottstown, PA
Just got my Tank yesterday. I'm in love with the ease of use and the amazing flavor and vapor I get as opposed to a cartomizer. That being said, I'm going through A LOT of juice. (no leaking present, and we're talkin like 3ml a day, when normally a carto last me a day or more.) haven't figured out if it's the system itself, or if I'm just vaping more with it. time will tell, I'm hoping that I can love it 100% but at the rate I'm burning juice, that's going to be difficult.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I've had mine for a few days. 1st tank was pure Heaven. Next tank, not so much. Kept getting a dry burnt taste no matter what I did. Cleaned the atty, did the primer puffs, pushed the wick down (at least I think I did, it's really hard to see!). Jury is still out on these. I have 2 more attys and a bunch of empty tanks coming from Vicki @ Cignot. I hope they work out because the ease in filling these is unbelievable! BTW, I have found that if you take the empty cart and put ot on the atty to puncture, it's much easier than trying to pull the bottom cap off. All you have to do is use a syring and fill through the hole the atty made.

vmb

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
vmb, since you have more than 1 tank...compare the 2 to see if the wick did get pushed down.

I had a mini flashlight in my mouth while doing this.

Do you push the wick toward the threaded end of the atty? I just used a paperclip and pushed very gently. Don't know if it actually went down or not and I didn't want to wreck the only atty I have.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey Tom,
In the future, all U need to do is blow into the atty (any atty) from the threaded side and (hold a paper towel or napkin on the cart side) just give a couple of hard blows. This will get rid of about 80% to 90% of the liquid they put in to keep them wet during storage and shipping.
Hope this helps you (and anyone else who sees this)

Been using mine for a about a week now. Took about a tanks worth or so to get rid of the nasty primer taste. Seems ok cept every now and then when I change tanks it tends to leak like **** all over the place. Also sometimes when I pop of the battery for a swap/recharge, I have some juice around the battery threads and inside the bottom of the cone

driving-pete

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Cleveland,TN
Got my tank yesterday.
Wow!! What a mess I made.:facepalm::facepalm:...I didn't do any research on filling these, and I tried to fill it like a mega carto. From the wrong end..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Juice was coming out from the sides and everything.:facepalm:

Once I figured out how to fill them the right way, everything was awesome.
I love this thing. No mess, and most important, no mouth full of juice.

I give it an 11 out of 10.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread