FDA New FDA webpage repeats CDC’s deceitful spin on 2014 NYTS data about tobacco use, vaping and youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
New FDA webpage repeats CDC’s deceitful spin on 2014 NYTS findings on tobacco and youth, fails to mention the record annual decline and record low teen cigarette smoking rates among “key findings” of 2014 NYTS, conflates lifesaving vapor products with highly addictive and lethal cigarettes, deceitfully insinuates that experimental use of a vapor product, cigar and/or hookah is more harmful than daily cigarette smoking, lies about nicotine (which DHHS claims is “safe and effective” when sold by Big Pharma).
Kids and Tobacco Use: Some Surprising Findings

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Also it appears that he CDC thinks that the deeming is a done deal.

The fact that the FDA website that Mr. Godshall linked to (thanks again Bill) constantly refers to e-cigarettes as a 'tobacco product' is clear evidence that the deeming is, unfortunately, probably a done deal.

Frankly, I think the FDA's hands are tied on this. They are going to have to deem, and deem it hard. Your link shows that there is tremendous pressure being applied to the FDA to get these things off the market. You have Senators, pharma, tobacco, ANTZ groups banging on their door. We've all speculated as to why government has such fear of e-cigarettes, and likely all of those reasons are very much in play and coming together into the perfect "deeming storm".

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The deeming regulation is NOT a done deal.

I wouldn't have posted all this stuff on ECF (nor would I have actively opposed the deeming regulation for the past four years) if I thought the deeming regulation was a done deal.

The White House OMB may reject it, Congress may stop it, and lawsuits may stop it. We've still have a long fight ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread