New member old mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Are you specifically looking for a different kind of mod? Another mech or a variable? You said you liked your SB, is there any reason not to get another? I mean of course it's fine if you just need a change, but I usually operate under "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and as far as I know, Silver Bullets are still available.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Well my old Silver Bullet finally gave out and I'm wondering if people could direct me to a new mod that is like the S.B. I'm running the old cisco 510's on it,and make my own juice at about 90% V.G. and i personally like to drip and not deal with rebuildables.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi and welcome,
What is your budget?
With the SB, you had an amp limit of about 8 amps, Are you interested in increasing that limit?
Are you only looking for side fire devices or are bottom fire "Monkey style" devices okay also?

Have you considered regulated devices? Perhaps a Provari?

Cheers
I

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Izan asked incisive and pertinent questions, so once you answer some of those we can help. I actually came back last year after a long absence from new mods and was using similar set-ups to you. I decided to modernize and did not regret it one bit BUT most here understand if you just want to stick with what you know. Just saying as someone who was in your boat, I ended up being glad that I got something a little more contemporary... but mechs are as popular as they've ever been, that has never changed. What is available in VV/VW/Variable temperature has just exploded since you last got a device.

Edit: When I came back, I also took the "I have no interest in rebuildables" line for a while. Let me just say, I was dead wrong. Rebuilding certainly isn't for everyone so I'm DEFINITELY not pushing you to even consider it, but again as someone who said the exact same thing... I wish I had been open to it sooner. It has saved me a ton of money, too. Just so you know :) There are still tons and tons of options that require not a lick of rebuilding.

Last edited:

Mulloth

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for your help everybody. I think since the price has come down on the SB I'll just get another. The one thing I probably should have included in my first post is that I drive for a living. So, my SB rolls out of the center console now and again and hits the floorboards.I've also dropped the thing numerous times. I guess if I need something built like a Timex ,this is the one.Thank you all again for your help.

Reactions: oplholik

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Well my old Silver Bullet finally gave out and I'm wondering if people could direct me to a new mod that is like the S.B. I'm running the old cisco 510's on it,and make my own juice at about 90% V.G. and i personally like to drip and not deal with rebuildables. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Welcome and glad you joined. I hear you (mech.'s too have their advantages), I'm real happy with higher ohm/single RDA's.I have several of the 2 post Magma's and 3 post RDA's which are set up for single coil usage. All are deep well and can last me an hour before re dripping. If your time/piece of mind is more valuable than the savings , non rebuildables are the way to go.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I think I know the answer with a FULL mechanical such as the Silver Bullet-M, but not sure. This mod has been around since well before the days of subohming. Is it possible to subohm with the -M (using appropriate battery safety of course) or does it have some kind of protective switch? Again, I wouldn't really think so with a full mech but I haven't owned a SB since I was vaping on it at 1.5-1.8 ohms. asking for myself, not OP!

As for OP, I concur with others that buying a few of those is probably the way to go with your style.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
The one thing I probably should have included in my first post is that I drive for a living. So, my SB rolls out of the center console now and again and hits the floorboards.I've also dropped the thing numerous times. I guess if I need something built like a Timex...

My recommendation for truckers - REO - you can use your 510's :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Classwife's suggestion for a Reos is a good and valid suggestion if you want to get into a box mod that won't roll around. Fill the bottle, squonk, and go. Certainly more expensive than the current price of an SB, but will certainly last years. I have 4 of them, and wouldn't give them up for anything.
Back in the day, I used 1.7Ω cartos on them, so your Cisco should be fine to squonk with.

Reactions: Izan and pt91

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Well my old Silver Bullet finally gave out and I'm wondering if people could direct me to a new mod that is like the S.B. I'm running the old cisco 510's on it,and make my own juice at about 90% V.G. and i personally like to drip and not deal with rebuildables.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello Mulloth. What kind of vehicle do you drive ?
Career trucker here, 22 years and well over 2 1/2 million miles. I have been vaping for nearly five years now, and I leave every morning with two REO Grand/ RM2 combos in my shirt pocket.
These mods are as close to indestructible as they come. I have dribbled them in the floorboards, dropped them down the running boards, stepped on them and once I even had one fall out of my shirt pocket. While I was standing on top of a load of lumber. On a Flatbed Trailer. On hardened chip and run loading zone. About a twelve foot bounce-bounce-crash.
I was not happy as I climbed down off of the load. But all I did was pick up the mod, dust it off, and keep vaping !
Don't let the size of the picture scare you, both fit comfortably inside the shirt pocket of a Dickie's work shirt.
IMG_20140702_210016_129_zpscxkod0mq.jpg

$200 each. Sounds like a lot, until you spend $40 a pop six times in one year. But these mods are now nearly four years old, and still functioning as the day I received them.
If you have any questions, try this page in the ECF :

The Reonauts new lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread