New Member With New Vaporshark DNA 200..on it's way plus extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsFaded

Aug 22, 2015
Let me start by this is my first post on to this furom & I'm looking forward to being a contributive member. I'm definitely a vape nerd, so here let me tell you about my current setup, and then my setup that I just ordered today (8/21/15). And some idea's that surround how I plan to set up my dna 200 with my uwell Crown Sub Ohm tank & My Mutation X V4 RDA.

- Current Setup, VaporShark DNA40, with a black silicone sleeve, & a Second Gen Subtank Mini (Black/White)

- New Setup that I ordered today : Just Preordered my Vapor Shark DNA200 Box Mod(Ships out on Aug. 24) along with a UWell Crown Sub Ohm Tank With the RBA Base, along with 10 Prebuilt 0.05ohm nickel coils. Also picked up the Indulgence Mutation X V4 RDA

I plan on running my UWell Crown Sub Ohm Tank with RBA Base on the DNA200. For the RBA base I'm going to use a Prebuilt 0.05ohm nickel Macro coil. Keeping the temp @ 430F Would like to be able to vape up to 100 watts. This would be ideal, what do you think? Do you think this could be a pretty solid vape? It may be too hot but I am not sure. Any kinda of Imput would be great.

The next thing I wanted to ask was, do you guys think there would be any possible way to build a temp control setup on a Mutation X v4 that could handle 200 Watts?

Reactions: SelakQ

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @TomsFaded. Glad to have you here!:)

Couple of threads to help aid you in understanding how temperature control works:

1. to better understand the realm of temp control | E-Cigarette Forum
2. how does TC work really | E-Cigarette Forum

I don't own a temp control mod so I can only tell you what I've read/heard.

From what I have read, you don't need to run nickel at high wattage. With nickel, you don't want to get to your desired temp right away, because as soon as you do the chip will begin to dial back the power to keep you at your set temp. Ideally you want to climb to your set temp during your draw, possibly hitting it right towards the end.

Pay attention to what the wattage is doing during your vape and adjust accordingly. It is a balancing act, but once you find the sweet spot I hear it is a really nice vape.

It will never be the cloud machine when compared to what kanthal coils can deliver.

Tagging @dbrandt01 who I just saw in another thread. I'm still trying to decide on which TC mod to get. They are coming out as fast as mech mods were 2-3 years ago.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SelakQ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread