New OEM Kits reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Not home yet, but at my parents house about to walk Sovie, but wanted to get this typed after over going what I wanted to say in my head on my way home....

Before the review though some things must be said. None of this is being said to brag or for ego padding purposes because at the end of the day I'm just an idiot behind the keyboard or swyping on the phone. Pretty sure everyone in this forum knows me and knows the technical data I provide on the batteries and cartos V4L sells. What some of you may not know is while this forum is my home, you can find me popping up in many places (especially the kr808 forum). I don't just test V4L batts, I've tested almost every non-mod batt on the market. Purchase them simply to test them, no freebies on my end. That way if I do review something it's not tainted by monetary incentive. My loyalty to V4L is unquestionable, they've earned that loyalty through great products and customer service. In the almost year I've been a customer they haven't released any failures to this point. If if the version 1 king diamond and stealth autos were a little rushed (they had issues with cool carts pushing down the post too far for those that don't know) they were still an improvement over their previous batts. Their vapor king line were the gold standard for kr808's before the new batts. Yes they were kr808's, but V4L tweaked them. That in essance is why V4L is one of the top ecig companies today. They didn't play follow the leader, try to appeal to everyone and release a sub standard product to appease the masses, they focused on making the best kr808's available period. Innovators not copy cats. Look at the gen 2 kr808's on the market, in all seriousness there's very little difference between each version. Go buy a rebranded generic gen 1 kr808 and compare it to a king diamond batt, you'll see the difference is night and day. That's why it's been so hard to review this vgo kit. I don't know why or who thought adding these to the line up was a good move, but it wasn't. I expect to get a generic mass produced same as everyone else's hardware from other vendors, not from V4L. Might seem strange that someone who is nothing more than a customer cares this much about a company, but with ecigs you're talking about an item that changes one life for the better. If not for my first kit from V4L almost a year ago (almost 3 months after I tried to switch with vaping but failed on all my previous hardware) would still be smoking today. This forum has been my outlet, support system, and so much more over that time. I'm proud to say I'm a member of the friendliest, most helpful, and busiest sub forum on ecf. When it comes to pv's social networks mean little. They don't bring in the customers the way ecf does. A forum on here gives you word of mouth and puts you out there against the competition where your products have no choice but to be great if you want to make it. This vgo kit I would expect from a small company or a new vendor... Not one of the greatest companies in the ecig world... Having said that, on to the review....

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
The best thing about this kit is it doesn't have the V4L logo on it. Now that that's out of the way, onto the kit...

Included are 2 900mah vgo batts, a fast usb charger (do not use this charger with your V4L batts people, trust me), a velvetie snap bag to carry it in, and 4 ce3 tanks. Mine had a green led on the bottom and on the button. It's a very light batt despite it being a fat batt. Off load voltage after a full charge was 4.19v. Testing it on load using that tank at 2.8ohms was 4.05v. With a cool cart at 3.3ohms 4.07v, with a wow at 2.3ohms 4.01v. These are not high drain batts folks. The voltage dropped very quickly. Have the exact figures at home, but by the 2nd hour of use with chain vaping we were in the 3.7v range. Yes you're getting over twice the mah of a xl king diamond manual, but at the cost of a significant loss of voltage. The draw on this thing is stiff to say the least. It only has two air intake holes, and when using the ce3 tank with it it feels like sucking a bowling ball covered in molasses through a crazy straw. Typical ego type draw with a wow carto, more like a gen 2 kr808 with a cool cart. In other words those of you who care most about battery life, and prefer the stiff draw, this batt is for you. Those in love with high airflow like the king diamond series has, you're going to be very unhappy. As for run times, got 573 minutes of use using the provided tank. Haven't done one yet with a wow or cool cart, did that run last night into this morning. I got no sleep last night, and not because I wanted to test this thing that badly.... The button is a soft rubber one that doesn't always respond, and has a tendancy to stick.... As I said, at least it doesn't have the V4L logo.

As for the tank that comes with it. If you chain vape be prepared for the awful burning taste that only a clearo can provide. Despite the no filler the taste is serverly muted. I know every aspexct of nuport wow, they all went to the wayside when using this thing except for the few times it spat juice into my mouth. Usually people complain about such things, no complaints from me because of this. Th is gone as well... 36mg juice should have th. V4L is famous for the fabulous th their hardware and cerrtain juice combos provide. If you don't want th on a V4L batt then get lower nic juice and use cool carts people.... My wife can tell you how livid I was at this thing.

All in all what can I say about the first advanced kit... Reminds me of when the allmighty Tallest gave Zim Gir... "It's not stupid, it's advanced." To Mark, Wader, Chad, and Smilin sirs and everyone else there at V4L, you know my love for you all. You haven't lost me as a customer, but I'd be doing everyone (especially my reputation) a diservice if I even attempted to spin this kit in a positive direction. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you all set the bar high. When you can't meet your own standards it hurts even more so than anything else. It's like watching a great player not giving their all, you notice that easier than if a second stringer is having an off game....

To end on a positive note though, the new king diamond and stealth manuals. These batts provide excellent airflow, voltage holding capabilities, improved life over all the previous batts made by V4L, have fast response time buttons, and are simply the gold standard of non-mod batts. I rarely say this here, because I hate people who rub high end mods in other people's faces, but I own a provari. It only gets used at work or long car rides when I can't use the pt due to xm. With the exception of testing V4L king diamond and stealth series (both auto and manual) are all I use. Saying this only to drive home the point of how great I consider the kd's and stealths to be. Again, I'm just a big mouthed idiot, so it means little in the long run...

Last edited:

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
We understand that these kits are not necessarily for everyone. There are people who do like them, and that's why we decided to offer them. It's more of an effort to consolidate shopping for those who buy juice from us, but hardware from elsewhere. We are by no means turning our back on improving KR808's, that will always be the main focus of our hardware. But alas... sorry that you were disappointed morandir.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Thank you Morandir, I know how difficult this must be for you to share and your input is always highly valued. Even if you are a big mouthed idiot, you are the most sincere, polite, and intelligent big mouthed idiot I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

When you are a loyal die-hard customer and folks follow your reviews at times you come to a fork in the road. Take one path and you sell your soul and sellout those that trust you. Taking the other path maintains your integrity and the confidence of those that trust you at the risk of possibly upsetting long standing vendor relationships. Integrity is a such rare and undervalued trait these days which so many set aside for what I consider to be mere pocket change or shameless sycophantic self-promotion.

You were honest and that is always the correct path to choose....even if others may disagree.

:thumb: You did good!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
Just keep the V4L hardware on top and keep making your improvements.Thats the reason we love and use V4L.I understand needing to offer hardware for others,like the VGO and Ego,but thats just ordinary hardware that anyone can get or use.We V4Lers prefer our special made products that Steve oversees and creates for us.Its better and we know it and thats why we use it.So expand and carry whatever you need to please the masses but remember V4L was built by creating the best vape available and we want to keep it that way.(((Hugs!!)))

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
There's a difference between v4l and the other vendors.....it's like buying a pair of earrings at Tiffany's vs Walmart. I like some things at Walmart, but it doesn't compare to Tiffany's.....it's important to be who you are and v4l has always been special and innovative, I would hate to see that dissapear. Just my opinion, am personally kind of dissapointed.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Hi Fam,

Long time since I have posted. Been in China just under 6 months this year, attempting to create ultimate products. Mny new products will be showing up after Chinese NY when I go back for final signing off.

Now, FYI these ego, vgo, et, are meant for NON chain vapors, and were actually the best I could find after trying them at over 20 different factory's. These are also meant for those who have a hard time with my Carts, due to throat hit, chest hit, et.

They are also a fun difference. I have been discounting very much, and continue with same type of customr service, which is to treat you the exact same way, as I like to be treated. After the 30-40% discounts, these are priced way below the competition.

Thank you for noticing they do NOT come up to V4L standards, for what I like in a vape. These are for those people who smoke 5-10-15 cigs a day, and just cannot handle the intensity of our cartomizers.

I will be surprising you with more new stuff, in the near future which will keep all us CHAIN VAPORS SMILING BIG TIME!!!!!

I will Never put MY logo on something, I will not use day, in.....day out.

Morandir,

THANK YOU very much for honesty, I love when you tell it like it is.

I remember when I started vaping in 2008, and bought over 200 different ecigs that were crap. These are not crap, just the best of these type, I could find:vapor:

Stay tuned fam.

Happy Holiday's

Smilin:2cool:

The best thing about this kit is it doesn't have the V4L logo on it. Now that that's out of the way, onto the kit...

Included are 2 900mah vgo batts, a fast usb charger (do not use this charger with your V4L batts people, trust me), a velvetie snap bag to carry it in, and 4 ce3 tanks. Mine had a green led on the bottom and on the button. It's a very light batt despite it being a fat batt. Off load voltage after a full charge was 4.19v. Testing it on load using that tank at 2.8ohms was 4.05v. With a cool cart at 3.3ohms 4.07v, with a wow at 2.3ohms 4.01v. These are not high drain batts folks. The voltage dropped very quickly. Have the exact figures at home, but by the 2nd hour of use with chain vaping we were in the 3.7v range. Yes you're getting over twice the mah of a xl king diamond manual, but at the cost of a significant loss of voltage. The draw on this thing is stiff to say the least. It only has two air intake holes, and when using the ce3 tank with it it feels like sucking a bowling ball covered in molasses through a crazy straw. Typical ego type draw with a wow carto, more like a gen 2 kr808 with a cool cart. In other words those of you who care most about battery life, and prefer the stiff draw, this batt is for you. Those in love with high airflow like the king diamond series has, you're going to be very unhappy. As for run times, got 573 minutes of use using the provided tank. Haven't done one yet with a wow or cool cart, did that run last night into this morning. I got no sleep last night, and not because I wanted to test this thing that badly.... The button is a soft rubber one that doesn't always respond, and has a tendancy to stick.... As I said, at least it doesn't have the V4L logo.

As for the tank that comes with it. If you chain vape be prepared for the awful burning taste that only a clearo can provide. Despite the no filler the taste is serverly muted. I know every aspexct of nuport wow, they all went to the wayside when using this thing except for the few times it spat juice into my mouth. Usually people complain about such things, no complaints from me because of this. Th is gone as well... 36mg juice should have th. V4L is famous for the fabulous th their hardware and cerrtain juice combos provide. If you don't want th on a V4L batt then get lower nic juice and use cool carts people.... My wife can tell you how livid I was at this thing.

All in all what can I say about the first advanced kit... Reminds me of when the allmighty Tallest gave Zim Gir... "It's not stupid, it's advanced." To Mark, Wader, Chad, and Smilin sirs and everyone else there at V4L, you know my love for you all. You haven't lost me as a customer, but I'd be doing everyone (especially my reputation) a diservice if I even attempted to spin this kit in a positive direction. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you all set the bar high. When you can't meet your own standards it hurts even more so than anything else. It's like watching a great player not giving their all, you notice that easier than if a second stringer is having an off game....

To end on a positive note though, the new king diamond and stealth manuals. These batts provide excellent airflow, voltage holding capabilities, improved life over all the previous batts made by V4L, have fast response time buttons, and are simply the gold standard of non-mod batts. I rarely say this here, because I hate people who rub high end mods in other people's faces, but I own a provari. It only gets used at work or long car rides when I can't use the pt due to xm. With the exception of testing V4L king diamond and stealth series (both auto and manual) are all I use. Saying this only to drive home the point of how great I consider the kd's and stealths to be. Again, I'm just a big mouthed idiot, so it means little in the long run...

linrag

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
And this is why I'll continue to patronize V4L
Morandir, sir - thank you for your honest reviews
SMILIN - thank you for responding and clarifying for whom these new products are best suited
I absolutely love the new diamond manuals; the flavors are great and their customer service has no rival in any business.
It's rare today when a customer can comment (not so favorably) on a product and not receive a snippy response - neither doshma or smilin were snippy - their responses show the respect they have for their customers.
As Mmc said: I'm a V4lifer, too
Now, about that Cafe Mocha and metallic red XL manual diamond......:laugh::laugh:

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Hi and thanks for understanding. NOONE is more frustrated than me, dealing with the multitude of company's who are NOT willing to make better products, they just steal your money. I have been to harvard this year, with a million dollar MBA degree.

Good news is, there are auto's being shipped with my new cell, as well as the "real Titan Line" I have been working on. There are 5 volts, being shipped as well. These are NOT exactly what I want to offer, but, I have to say, the are KILLER. I have compared them to every mod on the market.

Our new V4L auto/manual will be shipping in Febuary....ughhhhh...was suppose to be end of march, as well as the Titan.

I love Y'all, and Miss you

Happy Chanuka

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year.............2012, I promise, you will be SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Smilin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread