looking for new quality batt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Deep cycling is running a battery to it's end of charge Yellow sir.

There's no definitive voltage setting for the DAV and X carto, always comes down to the juice and user preference. Running at higher voltage will wear out the coils faster, but unless you're cleaning the cartos you won't notice the difference. Will post you some links to different cleaning techniques on everything good sir when I get home from work.

yellow

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
nyc
Mr Morandir...im waiting....zzzz.........lol :D j/k man take your time

I gotta tell you guys, I CANT WAIT FOR MY DAV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so excited to start quittin the sticks man, really I am, and I hope this is the product that finally does it for me, or i should say helps me do it.

Should be here by tomorrow, and Ill let u guys know how it is

Night :)

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Sorry for the delay Yellow sir. :)

Instead of links will just type it all out if you don't mind.

When it comes to cleaning batteries all you need is some high abv liquor (everclear, vodka, etc.), a q-tip, sewing or safety pin, and some paper towels. Once a week or so clean the post and threads with a q-tip dipped in alcohol (do not use isopropyl, the fumes can/will damage your lungs). Use the pin to clean the gunk on the threads, paper towel to wipe it off, let dry overnight. If using everclear will actually dry in an hour so (95% alcohol), you want to be sure the post and threads are dry before charging. Cleaning the charger is the same, just be sure it's completely dry before charging anything with it (though you most likely won't have to clean it more than once a month if your batteries are clean).

Other maintenance tips- Don't deep cycle if you can. Be prepared for the long charging times, always suggest having two so you can use one while the other charges. If you're using an auto make sure the small hole where the led is located is cleared of any debris. That's the air intake hole to activate the switch.

Hope this helps good sir. :)

yellow

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
nyc
I am not sure why a mail glitch would make you decide that.
I understand the frustration when the mail is not delivered. It is the fault of the post office not V4L.

I really hope that you will reconsider.

I didnt blame V4L...why did you think that? I said the usps lost it?

The tracking info has been dead for 2 days, and the mailman said it might be lost because it should have arrived yesterday...thats what I said, and that makes me think im not meant to quit. thats all. never blamed v4l

UPDATE: called usps and they said it was probably checked, and that it was finally processsed through the main hub sort facility :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow they said it should be here!!!

But thank you for telling me to reconsider, that just shows you care about my health, so thanks for that :)

PS Im also upset because my little dog just died , so im just really on edge and I was hoping to get the vape stuff to help.

Last edited:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost a beloved dog a couple of months ago. (he was also 14)

Your vape stuff may have gone lost but you still paid for it so request that they resend. It is not a sign that you should continue to smoke:)
Maybe it is just a sign that you will start next week instead of this one. Plenty of people still smoked when they first began vaping. So whatever works for you is fine :)

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Code:

yeah it is, 14 years with me, since a pup....thank you

Yellow, I'm so sorry about the loss of your companion. I lost my beautiful Darcy on June 24, she would have been 14 YO on Aug. 1. Had her since she was 8 weeks old; feels like I lost my best friend. Definitely needed my vaping supplies to help me through it so I hope yours arrive soon.

yellow

ECF Veteran
    Feb 17, 2011
    nyc
    Yellow, I'm so sorry about the loss of your companion. I lost my beautiful Darcy on June 24, she would have been 14 YO on Aug. 1. Had her since she was 8 weeks old; feels like I lost my best friend. Definitely needed my vaping supplies to help me through it so I hope yours arrive soon.

Yes you do need something to get through, ive been chain smoking which is not like me at all. sorry also for your losses to you k9luvr and amraann as well. I hope it gets here today because i smoked 8 cigarettes yesterday! i never smoke more than 4-5! terrible. im disappointed i did.

once again, no updates to tracking info even though it was processed at the main local hub sort facility. i dont know what the fu!k the USPS is doing with this package. shipped tuesday chicago to nyc should be 2 days, now its saturday and no update!

ill let ya know how it goes thanks again

Amraann

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2011
    Florida
    Thank you for the condolences.

The USPS main hub said it just got processed through the sort facility, it was there for 2 days. They must have flagged it because it had liquid and stuff, you know? They better not have stolen anything if they opened it!!! lol

Ill try to stop smoking asap :)

We are all here to offer support. Hoping that your mail arrives today:)

yellow

ECF Veteran
    Feb 17, 2011
    nyc
    Sorry for your loss Yellow sir. It's the only downside to getting a dog.... At least you got to spend 14 years with the pup...

We are all here to offer support. Hoping that your mail arrives today:)

Thank you friends :) Much appreciated. You are very kind Amraan and I realize that you are sincere in the support and care :)

So much so, that I had to let others know in the general forum how much the V4L family cares http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...l-auto-dav-best-vape-market.html#post10689309

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread