Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Hi and thanks for understanding. NOONE is more frustrated than me, dealing with the multitude of company's who are NOT willing to make better products, they just steal your money. I have been to harvard this year, with a million dollar MBA degree.

Good news is, there are auto's being shipped with my new cell, as well as the "real Titan Line" I have been working on. There are 5 volts, being shipped as well. These are NOT exactly what I want to offer, but, I have to say, the are KILLER. I have compared them to every mod on the market.

Our new V4L auto/manual will be shipping in Febuary....ughhhhh...was suppose to be end of march, as well as the Titan.

I love Y'all, and Miss you

Happy Chanuka

Merry Christmas

Happy New Year.............2012, I promise, you will be SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Smilin

Smilin sir thank you. Hope you have a great holiday. Can't wait for the new V4L items. :)

Steve, you know my respect, my love and my loyalty you personally have from me, and the V4L company has, I noticed there was no V4L logo on it and was confused about that, now I know why. I mean as I told you on Skype, I use the XL series, the fatter battery and I love it. It has an amazing TH, and battery life for me. You know I have a saber touch, and it is crap compared to your batteries. You also know that I have tested many different juices, and your's tastes the best! I am actually disappointed that something like this was created by you guy's. I mean to have Morandir upset with it, is not a good sign.

Steve, I also see your point, to do what you should for people that do not like the high chest/throat hit and that is honorable.

We talked for a good half hour yesterday and I told you what I tried, didnt try, got scammed on, and I posted it here for you and everyone to see. Now I personally think BY FAR you have the cutting edge for KR808 series and it is amazing. Keep up the good work bud and I hope to talk to you soon.

Morandir,

I am actually shocked that the Vgo is that bad, I tried an Ego (not sure of the company) And I thought it was decent, it had a stiff draw that I like, and it produced a ton of vapor. I am glad I read your review before buying one.

TheScootness

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Missouri
Thank you SO much to Morandir and Steve. I've been a loyal V4L customer for months now and these new kits had me a bit confused. I did notice the lack of V4L logo, and that indicated to me that V4L had simply bought out another company and decided to sell their product rather than manufacture it themselves. It seems I was right.

Morandir - your honesty is much appreciated. I would expect no less of you. Your outstanding reputation has risen in my eyes yet again. I have seen these kinds of kits before and avoided them for exactly these reasons so I was interested in your take. I think most of us have had experience with these or at least researched them so it's not like you're trying to take away business. We use the V4L KR808 technology because that's what we prefer.

Steve and Mark - your candor in this is exactly why we love this company and I think it's what many of us needed to hear. We were hoping that the company wasn't moving in a new direction that was sub-standard in our opinion compared to the very reasons why we joined the V4L fam to begin with. Thanks again for the clarification of these as an alternative, rather than "advanced". Also, thanks again for the continued work on the 808 advancement. I for one cannot wait for the new lines to be released next year and will, without a doubt, be purchasing some.

I have been and remain a loyal Vapor4Lifer! :)

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Thank you The Scootness sir. Would never do anything to hurt V4L's business. At vaporcon all I did was advocate for their products and explain why their batts are better and gave juice advice (when I wasn't having conversations with Mark, Chad, Wader sirs, and Ms. Christie). Would hate to see V4L's and Smilin sir's reputation hurt in any way. Think the world of them. :)

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Kitty...everything will be fine. I'll bet once you've had the weekend to play with your tablet you will love it. It just takes some getting used to. In regards to all of the new stuff... it has it's place. I have played with a few of the tank cartomizers and totally agree the flavor is muted. They are super quick to fill and I've not had any leakage problem...so just have a couple of juices that are strong that I use in them. The longer battery life can be nice when you are out and about for a longer period of time (golfing, ballgames etc.) instead of going through multi batteries. I will be excited to see a V4L 5v next year....(hopefully it won't be a pt hooked up to a battery pack system:) Better get going...just wanted to pop in quick and once again Everyone Have A Happy Holiday Season..

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Well folks up next is the 510 ego-t kit... For this kit going to take a slightly different approach. With the Vgo being a kr808 connection, had no choice but to compare them to the V4L batts. This is a 510/ego-t type b (type a had a different shaped atty and a lot of issues, it has all but disappeared) connection. It would be unfair to compare it to a kr808 connection in terms of draw. The 510 is a stiffer draw by design. Will instead compare it to other ego kits I've tried.

This kit comes with 2 650mah ego-t batts. Each kit has it's own cone atty, and there are 5 tanks, and a fast usb charger. Mind you, these will not work with any of the cartos that V4L sells without an adapter. You can use 510 attys and cartos, and the aforementioned ego-t type b accessories. This is not genuine joyetech device, instead it is as advertised an unregulated ego. This means instead of it running at a regulated 3.2-3.4v (depending on the manufacturer) it runs freely. Off load charge on the first batt was 4.18v, the second 4.21v. Before I go into load voltages have to say this. One of the two attys was DOA. It registered at 14.5ohms on the multi, error messaged on the provari, and wouldn't fire on the ego-t. Sadly V4L doesn't sell replacements as of yet, so if this happens to you please bear with them until they get the atty's in stock. These too work with a spike on the atty to pierce a silicon cap on the tank (same fill/refill method as the aurora). One atty (sadly the DOA one) was able to puncture it without issue. The other, had to use the same tricks as the aurora. Had this issue in the past with other ego-t atty's so was no surprise here. The on load voltage with a 2.4ohm atty was 4.03v. Still a large voltage droop (yes that's the correct term), but it's above 4v at least. The battety features a rubber coating, a chrome finished end cap, and a black plastic button with an led behind it (mine are blue). Have the voltage numbers ready to go on this one (going to do a rerun on the vgo voltages this weekend, in my... nevermind, you don't want to know why). Using the 2.4ohm atty with chain vaping on the batt that started at 4.21v off load-

At start- 4.03, 3.95 (9min), 3.91 (18min), 3.86 (27min), 3.83 (36min), 3.78 (45min), 3.77 (54min), 3.75 (63min), 3.75 (72min), 3.74 (81min), 3.74 (90min), 3.74 (99min), 3.73 (108min), 3.73 (117min), 3.72 (126min), 3.72 (135min), 3.71 (144min), 3.71 (153min), 3.70 (162min), 3.70 (171min), 3.68 (180min), 3.68 (189min), 3.67 (198min), 3.67 (207min), 3.66 (216min), 3.64 (225min), 3.64 (234min), 3.64 (243min), 3.62 (252min), 3.62 (261min), 3.61 (270min), 3.61 (279min), 3.60 (288 min), 3.60 (297min), 3.58 (306min), 3.56 (315min), 3.55 (324min), 3.54 (333min), 3.53 (342min), 3.52 (351min), 3.5 (360min), 3.48 (369min), 3.46 (378min), 3.43 (387min), 3.41 (396min), 3.39 (405min), 3.35 (414min), 3.29 (423min), 3.23 (432min), 5 minutes later flashes from the button saying to charge the battery.

For 510 users you'll get a voltage bump using these in comparison to a regulated one at 3.2v. The draw is a tyical 510 draw, like that of a 100. Button on this one was far superior to that of the vgo, responded well and didn't stick. As I said, can be kinder to this one because in comparison to other ego's it's not that bad. It still suffers though from what every ego-t set up I've tried though. The flavor is there on the first puff, muted on the next 10, gone by the 15th. It's not designed for a chain vaper, the tank atty doesn't wick fast enough. Every third or fourth hit again was dry. Th was very weak (except on those dry hits, but that's not the type of th anyone wants to experience). All pitfalls to consider before purchasing.

Well that's it for now unless Santa brings anything else to V4L under the alternative kits section. For those happy with your V4L branded batts, wouldn't stres too much about these new kits. Yes you get more battery life out of the fat batts, but at the cost of performance. All comes down to where you are on the vaping hardware triangle. Voltage and airy draw fans, these kits aren't for you. Batt life and stiff draw fans, well here's the answer to your wishes for a fat batt. Now back to my king diamonds with a wow carto filled with nuport wow for a bit. :)

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
What the....!!! I didn't see the Ego-T yesterday when I ordered... or maybe I did and just thought i saw vgo with different options. Well my Vgo kit is in the mail... and although I am really skeptical now... I may be alright, being I fall into the not so heavy vapor land... I maybe vape 1.5 ml's a day at 18 mg. Except the weekends but I have a PT for that :D

So hopefully all goes well.

Morandir Sir, As always you bring stunning reviews. I love that you take the time to conduct tests... type these out "sometimes with swype" Being honest in a review is absolutely necessary! Had I not made my order yesterday I probably wouldn't of ordered them based on review. This also gave cause for me to call into Gabe and ask about hardware returns incase I do not like the Vgo kit :)

Steve: Thank you for your reply.... as everyone has said this shows you care. I am happy with V4L, it has gotten me 6 months so far w/o buying more then 2 packs of analogs! This truly has been the best thing.

So with that all being said... I will keep the not so heavy vapors informed as I will give this the run of my 50 hour work week where I can only catch a vape during breaks.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Whistles sir, Ms. Thanku4vaping, and Ms. Harmony thank you. There are going to be people who like these kits, if you check out the rest of ecf you'll find them. What you won't find though are many folks who vape 13+ml's a day of 36mg...

Forgot to add on the ego-t kit if you press the button five times quickly turns it off and on.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
From a business standpoint, it is offering products available elsewhere, and not a bad idea really. So if let's say if someone shops at V4L just for the juice, but they're not into the KR808 (not that there's anything wrong with that) now they have the option to purchase their hardware at V4L too. If a newb decides to begin the journey with a three-piece, now V4L can be their inaugural and possibly only supplier. WIN. WIN.

Other vendors may carry the same hardware, but what they lack is V4L customer service.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Agree with you there Ms. Thanku4vaping, V4L's customer service is second to none. Business wise it makes sense. There are people who put more emphasis on batt life than anything else... Problem is there isn't a battery on the market that lasts me more than 6 hours of use. My emphasis has always been quality of vape because of that. Rather have a battery that lasts 30 minutes but vapes like ferrari then one that gives me 5 hours of life but drives like a prius....

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Keyz thou art wise. My kit came today and i didnt tear it open as i usually. Ive been pouting n glaring at all afternoon.

Well, i just opened it. It hits like my 650 mahs I like so much n now im all cheered up. For me, its a keeper.

And there was great rejoicing throughout the land:D

ETA I have NOT tried the atomizer stuff. Just popped my V4L cartos on it. So I can't comment on the atomizer portion...

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Kittypie not surprised you liked it since you're already a vgo fan (tested the same vgo kit you own and had the same issues with it as you know draw wise and voltage wise). :)

My BIL was having a hard time finding his sweet spot as well with vaping (didn't help that all I have on hand to try out is 36mg). Well he found his spot, the vgo with cool carts at 3.3ohms. He did have the same complaint trying the tank ce4 (found out today that they gave the tank version of the ce3 that moniker. Same basic design, just in a tank). Draw is horrible, burning taste, etc. At least the kit now has a good home.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
I for one am going to give the VGO kit a run for it's money. I have looked them over from other vendors and didn't quite trust that vendor. I do trust V4L and the awesome review from Morandir. Even though his review turned some off I am willing to give it a shot.

Yeah, im up for some experimentation..... so I'm good for a vgo batt and a couple tanks.
Can't go all in for a full kit tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread