• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYB84

Jan 11, 2016
Derby - England
Afternoon all,

I am new to vaping, I am on Day5 so far and not had a cigarette yet!!! :)I have half wanted to quit for a couple of years just never enjoyed the cheap e-cigs. Then I found out about vaping with MODS and the hits/amount of smoke these things can do!!

My set-up is a Coolfire 4 with a Kangertech Nano 0.5 ohms. Currently using Cosmic Fog Kryptonite which I got yesterday (15ml 3mg) and nearly ran out already!! This is due to the Nicotine I think, so will be going to a higher mg next time.

Couple of questions I would like some advice on please...

I will have to change to the 1.2 ohms once the 0.5 is broke.
Will I notice a massive difference when I change?
How long do the coils normally last?

The Details for the 0.5ohms in the Nano says it works upto 30Watts and the 1.2ohms works upto 25Watts. Are these details set in stone? Will I break something if I vape at 35Watts??

Thanks for your time!!

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome @JYB84 @)

I'm not that well up on Sub-OHM vaping, but hopefully others will be along to help soon :)

For the kit I mainly use (Aerotank on an iStick) my coils last between 1 & 2 weeks, depending on the e-liquid I'm vaping. I am a very heavy vaper though, as I used to be a very heavy smoker.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
First off, I take it your doing lung hits and not mouth to lung ??

Seems like your using the old horizontal Kanger coils, might be an idea to pick up some vertical ones, much better in my opinion and vape nice at 40w, which is the max wattage of your device (unless you have the Coolfire Plus, which I'm presuming you don't)

Normal you can go beyond the recommended guideline wattage that is on the coils, Aspire coils are a prime example but I have found you need to stick within the range for the Kangertech ones really or you may get dry hits, too higher wattage will burn the cotton and it will need replacing. Depending on your juice, those coils should last your 2 to 3 weeks.

The 1.2 coil will produce a little less air flow ????? Cant remember, it's been so long but it will produce less vapor, maybe a little less flavor but that's subjective, you will notice the difference straight away but it's nothing bad to worry about. If you want to higher your nic then I would try 6mg, which for me in that tank or any sub ohm tank using a 0.5 ohm coil would be the max I would go. I only vape 3mg now but I understand you have just quit smoking and at the start we can get paranoid about getting our nic, personally, I don't find nic to be that addictive, its so much easier to stop vaping that is it smoking when the nic is combined with the other 1000 chemicals. Anyway, I'm going off track here, I see you live in Derby, you should have some shops that sell "The Yorkshire Vapor juice, it's really good, there Jam Doughnut is lovely, 15ml is nothing, you really need to be buying 100ml at a time, that Jam Doughnut is £35 for 100ml.

You may also like to go check out Mike's juice at the Isle of Custard, very good prices, fantastic juices, they need to steep a little though, as in stay in the bottle for a week (minimum) to allow the flavor to come out.

I know it's early days but you may want to consider making your own juice, so so much cheaper, loads of benefits to it, I'm not saying now as I understand this can be quite daunting and your probably still have those stinkies on your mind but it's worth considering down the line at some point.

Well done for quitting anyway, I promise you, when you get the vaping bug and start learning more, as time goes by, you will wonder why you ever smoked. If you ever want to know anything, if your finding it difficult or just want a general chat you can PM me anytime and I'm always about.

Just remember, at these early stages, never be without a vape, buy some more coils, more juice and even a backup mod and tank, it could save your life !

On a final note, there is no smoke coming from that Nano tank, we never call it smoke, it's just pure tasty vapor, take care and I wish you the best ;)

Reactions: budynbuick

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
The 1.2 will be just like the .5ohm but not as good.

Save yourself some effort and get the most flavour out of your liquid by ditching the Kanger subtanks and trying the Aspire Cleito's with the .4ohm coils (a lot of shops will let you swap the .2ohm for a .4ohm giving you two .4oms in the box) around 45-60W

I kid you not a subtank nano is like an evod comapred to the Cleito being like a nautilus mini in comparison.

Cleito's will vape through MAX VG with ease and the flavour is so much cleaner and brighter and vibrant, almost like an RDA, that I cannot believe I ever used suntank nanos.....

I now use my nano for my tobacco vape only which I just want to tootle puff on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread