Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I use lavatanks made by joboyusmc exclusively. Here's a pic so you can see what I'm referring to:
IMG_20120509_164954.jpg

Yes, I use the top cap to force juice into the carto. I used to slot them, then I got a punch and punched 1-2 holes. Now I punch 4 in every carto I use. I punch two at the bottom, opposite each other and two at the top, staggered from the two at the bottom. My punch allows two full screw turns after punching through the metal. 2 full turns of 4 holes will flood the carto, so I've been going with about 1/2 a turn after punching through and it's been working great.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
The only thing I'd caution is using dual coil cartomizers. You won't get anywhere near the vapor or flavor you would with a single coil, which is why I stick with single coil boges. No other cartomizer I've tried compares to it. There are a million different ways to fill a carto. Ultimately, you should definitely use whatever works best for you.

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
I use lavatanks made by joboyusmc exclusively. Here's a pic so you can see what I'm referring to:
IMG_20120509_164954.jpg

Yes, I use the top cap to force juice into the carto. I used to slot them, then I got a punch and punched 1-2 holes. Now I punch 4 in every carto I use. I punch two at the bottom, opposite each other and two at the top, staggered from the two at the bottom. My punch allows two full screw turns after punching through the metal. 2 full turns of 4 holes will flood the carto, so I've been going with about 1/2 a turn after punching through and it's been working great.

Two holes near the top eh? I've never seen or heard of that. Interesting. Are those two holes punched to still be where the polyfill is or are they at the top just above the polyfill? Do you have a pic showing those two top holes?

jbglenn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Also, on steeping. Do I just leave the lid of for a while, or do I just put it in a dark place?
-RA

I did this with two 100ml bottles I recently received. Remove the lid (if it's a dropper bottle, remove tip too) and leave it off over night. In the morning put the lid back on and shake the hell out of it before dosing your tank or carto.

If it tastes spicy still, leave the lid off for another night. ALWAYS shake the hell out of BB before filling for maximum consistent full flavour and to tame that spice.

craftmath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Wilson, NC
The holes are in the polyfill. If it was too high, it would flood. Here is another pic:
IMG_20120512_121509.jpg

Thanks Andy. I will give this a try. I usually punch 3 to 4 holes at the bottom of the carto, but experience flooding sometimes with a 1/2 turn of the carto punch. I know cartos vary though. Have you ever punched just the bottom of the carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread