New to REO Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Welcome Jet Knight! I am fairly new to Reo's as well and finally took the plunge with RM2. Love em!! And don't even need that magnifying glass I bought. Just reading glasses. Hey, if I can do it anybody can!
I also got my ohm meter today!Yipee!! If you put yourself on waiting list they email you and I lucked out and got one before they sold out again!
Again, welcome, there is a lot of fine people here to help you. Believe me, I asked, they helped :)
Debbie

Congrats on your ohm reader, you are one of the lucky ones. Hope one of my emails gets a response soon. Will check out some reading glasses tomorrow. :blush:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Expecting mine tomorrow, and kinda excited about it and see what all the fuss is all about. Got mine in a black wrinkled with silver vein? Along with a Reomizer V2, wick and 30gauge wire. Was kinda deciding if I should have gotten the VV Reo Grand, but lack of sufficient cash flow helped me decide easier, LOL. Anyway, hope the Reomizer comes set up and coiled already to start me up, or else just have to use one of my joyetech Atty or Cisco LR 306 atty. Hope it works with those atty's.

Jet Knight....it won't come set up, so you'll just have to conquer it. But the joyetech atties and Cisco LR 306s will work fine. You might just be very surprised at how easy the RM2 is to set up. Congratulations....that's a classy color combo.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Thanks, Yes, I got it with the Reomizer, but probably will try the LR atty first since I can't see very well and waiting to get some magnifying equipment before I make my first coil. :unsure:

Hi welcome to REOville,

When i first started using my Reomizer2 i got some coils already made because of my eyesight and shakiness.It gave me confidence to do my own coils before they were even gone. I did use cotton for a wick instead of the wick that was included.

There are 5 coils already made in each package with the ohms you choose. Here is where i got them: Rebuildable Atomizer Coils - Avid Vaper

I didn't even have a ohm meter so i did the notify me at RTD and within a few days they emailed and then i got one. I love it :)

Anyway that's how i started out. Again welcome to our forum, we love meeting new people!

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Hi welcome to REOville,

When i first started using my Reomizer2 i got some coils already made because of my eyesight and shakiness.It gave me confidence to do my own coils before they were even gone. I did use cotton for a wick instead of the wick that was included.

There are 5 coils already made in each package with the ohms you choose. Here is where i got them: Rebuildable Atomizer Coils - Avid Vaper

I didn't even have a ohm meter so i did the notify me at RTD and within a few days they emailed and then i got one. I love it :)

Anyway that's how i started out. Again welcome to our forum, we love meeting new people!

Wow, never knew about premade coils. May get a pack just until I can get my magnification stuff and confidence in making coils. What Ohms do you recommend? My juices are primarily 50/50 mix and I love tons of vapor, not so much with the throat hit, but definitely love flavor.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Welcome to Reoville! My old eyes and shaky hands made some magnification necessary so I got this: http://www.harborfreight.com/magnifier-head-strap-with-lights-38896.html. Looks dumb as hell but it works and stays in front of my eyes when I move.

Building coils on the RM2 is definitely worth the trouble.

Thanks for the tip, I ordered something else, more like an adjustable magnifying glass with light attachments but fixed to my desk. The price for the ones you suggested are nice though. I may have gotten them had I known about them before I placed an order for the ones I mentioned.

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Wow, never knew about premade coils. May get a pack just until I can get my magnification stuff and confidence in making coils. What Ohms do you recommend? My juices are primarily 50/50 mix and I love tons of vapor, not so much with the throat hit, but definitely love flavor.

I got 2.0 ohm but i am not recommending it because it depends on whether you like a cool vape or a warm vape. The lower ohms are warmer so it is up to you but i wouldn't go over 2.5 ohms.

johni

Extractor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Columbia, Missouri
Thanks for the tip, I ordered something else, more like an adjustable magnifying glass with light attachments but fixed to my desk. The price for the ones you suggested are nice though. I may have gotten them had I known about them before I placed an order for the ones I mentioned.
Good luck with whatever you got. Anything that allows you to make a decent coil will be worth it! The RM2 really is easy to build on and very forgiving of "less than perfect" builds. You get the superior flavor of dripping and the ability to build it to your specific tastes so you really can't go wrong!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just as an aside, you don't *have* to go with micro coils. Rob, our illustrious mod maker, made a video showing how to build a nice easy coil without the needle, magnifiers, etc. My eyesight isn't great either, but I can make those kind with just my reading glasses and a good light. They don't have to be micro or even pretty to vape exceptionally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread