New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Snow's Watch

May 2, 2016
ECF said to say "Hi", so "Hi"! I started using ecigs about a week ago and was amazed how easy it was to go from regular cigarettes to ecigs with no problem. However, I think I overdosed on ecigs because I've been feeling crappy for 3 days; nausea, acid stomach, irritable and general malaise. I was smoking just under a pack of regular cigs a day, but bought the higher mg of Fin cigs. I think it was too much. Has anyone experienced the same? Any suggestions on a good brand to buy?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Jon Snow's Watch. Glad to have you here!:)

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Oh, now.... let's see about this.

What type of FIN e-cig are you using?

If you are using the cig-a-like type, then there are some very serious questions to be asked about effectiveness of this product. I used 24mg in a cig-a-like and vaped it non-stop and suffered from
very serious Nicotine withdrawal.

So, respectfully ask for this thread to be put on hold until you explain a little more.

Your symptoms could be the result of stopping smoking and actually not getting anywhere near amount of Nicotine. This is what happened to me....

... and don't all the good people on here know it.... :D

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Fincig is probably not what anybody here would use or recommend. Is there a vape shop nearby?

Yeh, they are not good and the parent company behind them are possibly one of the worst conglomerates in the market. I followed them for over 2 years from an investment point of view.

Anyhow, it's impossible to know anything without more information.

Nicotine OD with a basic refillable CE4 clearomiser is possible, although you'd need rather strong liquid.

As for the cig-a-likes, which is what I fear.... the situation is complicated. They 'claim' one cartomizer is 40 cigarettes (yep... we've heard it all before) whereas we now know a 1ml refill of 2.4% e-liquid is maybe not enough to equal even half a packet of smokes, depending on brand of smokes.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Back when I used cig-a-likes and cartos, I had to learn to regulate things. I was a heavy 3 pad smoker and started with 24mg liquid. After a few weeks I was getting woozy and anxious (I called it running around like a headless chicken). Dropping the nicotine to 18mg then to 15mg helped.

I also found that caffeine was having more of an effect on me. Something about how the liver processes caffeine and nicotine when you quit smoking. So I cut back on caffeine as well...and sugar.

Also, don't forget to drink more water.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
6 months after I quit, I couldn't stand coffee. Used to drink 8 or more cups a day. Lots of physical changes when quitting cigs. Also withdrawal from other toxins found in ciggs.
An early symptom of nico overdose is a headache from nowhere, sweating, fast heart rate, nausea.
General malaise would entail other factors. Best of luck & stay off the smokes. Things will improve..

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you all for your input. I feel much better since I cut way back on the ecig. I was wondering if you can give me suggestions on what is the best ecig to get? There are a lot out there and like everything else, they think they are the best.

Yes, they all think they are the best. :)

Can I ask your give us more information on what you have, because I have deliberately gone against the consensus here on the assumption you are talking about a cig-a-like product.
I used a cig-a-like product with 24mg liquid (2.4%) and can assure you in all sincerity that I was suffering from Nicotine withdrawal and 'taken' for $800 in the process.

In simple terms, AVOID brand shops. Use independent vaping stores who sell the latest and most effective products.

As I just said on another thread

"Sometimes I look at Sweet Vapes and Myvaporstore at the US prices. These type of shops sell Kanger, Aspire, Joyetech, Sigelei, Eleaf - all the regular makes.

Be wary of shops that don't appear to sell these brands. Chances are they sell re-branded ... and.. charge 250% more like some 'popular' brand stores."

Jon Snow's Watch

May 2, 2016
I was smoking Newport Gold. I bought Fincig with 2.4mg of nicotine. I liked the taste but I don't have any idea what my regular cigs were compared to the Fincigs. I'm really happy with how I don't miss the regular cigs so I'm hoping I can sort this out and just use the ecigs. Again, any suggestions on brand would be appreciated. Thank you, guys...I love that I can share!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was wondering if you can give me suggestions on what is the best ecig to get? There are a lot out there and like everything else, they think they are the best.
I'd avoid the cigarette-looking (cigalike) setups. Battery life sucks and your options in juice attachments are extremely limited. Please read:

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper. Includes a video on the use of an eGo variable voltage battery/clearomizer and of the iStick and MVP mods.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was smoking Newport Gold. I bought Fincig with 2.4mg of nicotine. I liked the taste but I don't have any idea what my regular cigs were compared to the Fincigs. I'm really happy with how I don't miss the regular cigs so I'm hoping I can sort this out and just use the ecigs. Again, any suggestions on brand would be appreciated. Thank you, guys...I love that I can share!

My 'instinct' on this thread is that you bought a cig-a-like model (you still haven't said... and it is so important to get this right for you) and had problems from Nicotine Withdrawal.
24mg e-liquid (2.4%) is not crazy until you put it into a good refillable e-cig and it could then be too much.

With one post you said you cut down vaping and feel much better. Well, if you basically quit smoking and take up light vaping with a cig-a-like, you might feel absolutely terrible.
The symptoms you describe in your first post are what I had.
We won't solve it until we get to the bottom of the story.

1 refill is NOT 40 cigarettes. One refill is less Nicotine than maybe half a pack of smokes.

I would expect you to be feeling much better as the days pass, as your body is getting used to the new 'system' of getting Nicotine, whether you are getting not enough or too much plus the other known quit smoking symptoms.

Whatever. Most cig-a-likes are not a long-term solution for anybody. These products exist for profit and not efficacy or user satisfaction. You also got one of the worst brands ever.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
There is no vape shop nearby, any suggestions for brand or website? Why not recommend Fincig?
Fin sells basically three products: a cig-alike, an eGo style battery with disposable cartomizers, and something they call their Advanced Vaping System. The AVS comes in two nicotine strengths and the cig-alike and cartomizer systems come in only one nicotine strength. You said you were using the stronger strength, so (please correct me if I'm wrong) it appears likely that you've been using the AVS, which comes in either 1.8% or 2.4% nicotine. These concentrations are usually expressed as mg/ml, so 2.4% translates to 24mg/ml, which is fairly strong stuff.

The AVS is nothing more than a generic eGo type battery and a screw-on, pre-filled, CE4 clearomizer. This is about the cheapest possible set-up on the market. And Fin doesn't tell you anything about it. What is the coil made of? What kind of plastic is the tank made from? What is the wick made from? Is it a top coil or bottom coil? What's the resistance? They say the liquid is made "primarily" of water, nicotine and flavoring. So there's other stuff in it. What other stuff? I'd sure want to know.

But let's say they're telling the truth and it's mostly water. Water is not a good primary ingredient for e-liquid. Water boils at a much lower temperature than PG and VG, water doesn't carry flavor nearly as well and it doesn't produce visible vapor nearly as well.

Finally, the clearomizer is overpriced. They charge $6.99 for one clearomizer. You can buy a 5-pack of CE4s for $8.95 or less.

There are lots of good on line retailers. I've had good luck with MyFreedomSmokes, DirectVapor, ViperVape and MyVaporStore. There are dozens of other good ones which you can check out HERE on this forum.

For a beginner's set-up there is a bewildering array of options, but I can only recommend what I've actually used. I think you'd be happy with a Aspire Mini-Nautilus tank or a KangerTech AeroTank2 on a Eleaf i-Stick 30 Watt. Those two will run you a total of around $50 or less. For a little more money you could get a 40 or 50W, but 30W should be sufficient. You'll also want to buy some extra coils and some e-juice.

Jon Snow's Watch

May 2, 2016
It's been a challenging few days since I started this, but like anything else, time has a way of making things better if you just wait it out. I did find a vape shop that is a reasonable distance. I got the KangerTech Topbox mini. Jeez, the stuff you have to learn is amazing! The only thing I'm having difficulty with is even when I have the air flow on the lowest setting, it's way too easy to draw. Is there something that draws more like a cigarette or will I just get used to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread