Blu and Johnson Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Hi all, another ecig newbie here.

I should be getting my Blu starter kit today, and must say I'm very excited about it. If it can even cut me down to 2-5 regular cigs per day, I'll be happy. Much better than pack/day.

After alot of reviewing videos on youtube, I'm quite sure I'll be getting eliquid instead of new cartridges all the time.
And I think I've decided on Johnson Creek to begin with. Very reputable and made in USA.

The welcome kit they send comes with blank cartridges..
Will those work on the blu, or are they going to just get thrown away?

I think I've found that the blu is an l88b or something like that.
That is not listed on JC's website as one of the models their blanks will work on.

Anyone know?

Can't wait to start vaping. This will be my first Ecig in general, not just my first Blu.

Thanks.

Elite

Feb 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Jonmo1 Welcome to the e-cigarette forum and the world of vaping. Ive found this site to be an awesome resource for tons of info and reviews on e-cigs.

Firstly I hope that you have a better experience with blu cigs than most others. I almost went with them myself until I heard some horror stories about their shipping and customer service. But in their defense some people admit to their experience being fine.

Yes blu is a JSB-L88B model e-cig. The L88b is ok. I started off with that one myself but it was branded for Volcano. My personal opinion is their prefilled carts can be a little strong and chemical tasting which I sometimes like and other times find sickeningly sweet. Also their atomizers seem to be kind of subpar and unpredictable. Even with maintenance I can't depend on them after about a week.

As far as Johnsons Creek Welcome kit and cartridge options I would venture to say that they will not fit your L88B blu because they are for DSE 801 510's and 103's. All of those from what I know are larger models. Especially the 801 and 510's. Im not personally familiar with 103 but it looks like a comparable mini-ecig so it might fit loosely or not at all. Guess you will have to experiment with that one.

Dripping and refilling carts is a nice alternative to prefilled carts but it can be daunting in certain situations and may not always produce the amount of continuous vapor that a manufacturer filled cart will. Just remember that most situations for buying prefilled carts can be over 60% cheaper than buying traditional cigarettes. So either way you are still ahead if you can cut down on the analog smoking.

Good Luck and keep searching!

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Heard bad things about Blu. My lady's father uses his here and there, but is still on the smoke...

I LOVE JC, and still buy from them here and there, they are just expensive.

If you are going to refill minis, do yourself a favor and flick the base a bit (easy) to bring up the bubbles, or use a Safety pin/paperclip on the wall of the filler. It is an easier refill this way. I started on minis, so you have made the choice to change!

Welcome, and best of luck!

Last edited:

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
I started with this exact combination so I can tell you that the carts will not fit. However, do not throw them away because you can get a 510 atty and use it on your Blu then the carts will work. When I got my 510, I gave my son the Blu with a 510 atty and some carts to get him going. It has worked fine that way for him but the Blu batts don’t hold a charge very well anymore. All I know is that the Blu actually worked better with the 510 attys then it ever did with the Blu attys. As for JC, good juice, but you pay for the glass bottles! Try Tasty Vapor next. Great juice at a great price.
Hope this gives you some ideas, welcome to ECF and good luck!

slantdeyevision

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2010
NC
I've been vaping the same set-up as you... I took out the filler in the Blu carts because they suck and stuffed them with the 510 filler that came with the JC Starter kit. So far it has been working fine... the blu Batteries only hold a charge for like a hour if that.

If the Blu starter pack works out for you then great... I already bought an Xhaler off of someone on the Buy/Trade forums and ordered a lil/big chuck. Even though the Blu stuff isn't what I'm looking for... it has stopped my analog smoking down to none. I haven't smoked a real cigarette since last wed. Good luck... I like the Mint Chocolate from Johnson's creek.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Well, the package was there, and to my delight, these things actually do taste and feel like a real cigarette.

I'm glad I looked around and learned to smoke it right before I got it so I wasn't dissapointed.

The flavor of the Classic Tobacco is actually quite good. It's a little sweet and even smells great. My wife is thrilled.

But yes, the batteries don't last long at all. It's been 4 hours and I'm currently on my Third.
But I think the BluPack more than makes up for that. I can recharge one while I'm using the other.

So I think this will work out.

I haven't had a real smoke for 4 hours.

Thank you Ecigs.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
I'm happy to hear you like your blu. I was getting worried no one seems to like them and mine is due in today.

Yep, I'm loving it so far.
I'm at 16 hours without a real cigarette. And don't really want one either..

My only complaint is really the battery life.
But the BluPack more than makes up for that.
Charging one battery, while vaping with the other.
Works out fine.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread