Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Hi,

I just created an account so that I could stop lurking and introduce myself. I have been smoking a pack of cigarettes daily for 15 years. I have attempted to quit on several occasions, and the longest I was able to make it was 3 months. The nicotine gum didn't work for me. It just tastes horrible, and the patch was no help at all. The 2 problems that are the hardest for me to overcome have been the habit of smoking, and using it as a crutch to help relieve stress.

Since I have been smoking my entire adult life, everything has always included cigarettes - having a cigarette in the morning with coffee, after a meal, taking a break from the desk at work, road trips, drinking. I could go on and on. That whole routine has seemed insurmountable to change.

Smoking has also been my go to when trying to relax, decompress, and think. Every time that I have quit, that has always been what brings me back to smoking. Something happens that causes anxiety, and at the time, the only thing that I rationalize at the moment is to buy a pack of cigarettes.

I do honestly really want to quit!!! I cannot stand smelling so horrible. I hate the stains i get on my teeth. I hate the amount of money it all costs. It really bothers me that I routinely harm my body, and probably shorten my life, and I feel powerless to change it.

That was all up until last week.

Last week I was given an EVOD battery with a T3S tank from a friend that had tried vaping and didn't enjoy it. I took it to a local Vape shop, and spoke with them quit a bit. They educated me on the vaping basics, and were all ex-smokers themselves. This was all extremely encouraging. They replaced the coil in my T3S hooked me up with a bottle of vanilla custard with 18mg nic and showed me how to use it. They informed me that the device I had was pretty much the most entry level device and encouraged me to purchase something better, but I decided that I wanted to try vaping first and see if it was something that could help me stop smoking.

Immediately after starting to use this device, I went from smoking 20 to 4-5 daily. I am getting the nicotine that i crave. I do not smell bad, and it seems cheaper. I was super excited that I may have found the solution to keep me away from cigarettes permanently.

I found ECF over the weekend and spent almost the entire weekend reading. After a couple days of research, it seemed like the general consensus was in line with what the B&M store told me. To give myself the best opportunity to quit smoking, I needed to make a better investment in hardware. After much more reading, I chose the HW, a HW vendor, and decided on VW for my first e-juice order.

From MVS I ordered:
Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit
2) LG HG2 18650
Nitecore Digicharger D2
Spare O-ring Set
5 spare coils

From VW I ordered a sample pack. Everything is 12mg 50/50:
Sweet Complexity
(S+C)2
Smurf Cake
On Cloud Custard
Vanilla Clouds
Fruity Freeze

USPS says that everything will be delivered today!

I am very excited that i feel like I finally have the upper hand on my addiction, and I think I will finally be able to give cigarettes the boot!!!

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but thanks for being here to listen! What a great community you guys have here! I am on many other forums for other topics, and haven't seen a single one that it so supportive!!

I am happy to have found you. I'm sure questions will arise, and your forum appears to be the best resource that there is!

Thanks!!!

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Welcome to the forum jjatl and good luck with making the switch to vaping. You've got a good set-up coming and it sounds like you're in exactly the right frame to mind to make it work. Although I did have 2 or 3 smokes a day for a month or so after starting to vape, it was pretty easy to eventually give them up completely and after smoking for 40 years, I haven't had one now for almost 2 years :)

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Welcome to the forum jjatl and good luck with making the switch to vaping. You've got a good set-up coming and it sounds like you're in exactly the right frame to mind to make it work. Although I did have 2 or 3 smokes a day for a month or so after starting to vape, it was pretty easy to eventually give them up completely and after smoking for 40 years, I haven't had one now for almost 2 years :)

Welcome to the ECF family @jjatl. You've definitely come to the right place to get lots of information and plenty of support. Glad to have you here.

Thanks for the support! I am very excited to have started the journey to the next phase of my life!

Now where is the Mail Man with my goodies!:w00t:

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Welcome and glad you joined. Do you plan to sub ohm first? If so, you might want to read up on this because it is considered an advanced vape. You will need to know the advantages and disadvantages of sub vs non sub. You sound like you are on the right tract. Keep with it!

I do not plan on sub ohm'ing (sp?), at least not yet, but I am glad that the market has inexpensive options (like the subox) that allow for both. I am planning on using the 1.5 coils, and the replacement coils that I purchased are 1.5.

The one piece of hardware that I am trying to figure out is a dripping atomizer. I am not looking for rebuilding anything, but I would love a dripper that I can attach to the subox to easily sample flavors a few drops at a time.

Reactions: BrotherBob

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to this great Forum!

I have attempted to quit on several occasions,
    Quitting is easy. I used to do it sometimes a dozen times a day.. Vaping has made me quit only once!

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Yeah you definitely have a good setup but whatever you do, don't use that .5 coil with your 12mg juice. Even being a 50/50 blend would be a bit rough as the PG in the PG/VG ratio provides the lung hit you normally get when inhaling. With a .5 ohm coil, you'd want a 6mg or even 3mg and probably a higher VG juice. I've tried sub-ohming and lung hitting several times and it's just not for me. It seems to mute the flavor and since your taste buds are on your tongue, I believe a nice mouth-to-lung hit provides better flavor. And you really can't get much better than the Subtank Mini with the higher ohm coil. If you start thinkin' about a secondary tank, I'd recommend the GS Air M tank by eLeaf. Great tank for a poultry $10 bones.

One last thing...VW juices are good but I've found them to be a bit stronger than most others. They provide a little more punch in both lung hit and flavor so keep that in mind if you become overwhelmed. You might just need a more mild juice. And there are no shortages of good juice reseller.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2015
    Georgia
    Yeah you definitely have a good setup but whatever you do, don't use that .5 coil with your 12mg juice. Even being a 50/50 blend would be a bit rough as the PG in the PG/VG ratio provides the lung hit you normally get when inhaling. With a .5 ohm coil, you'd want a 6mg or even 3mg and probably a higher VG juice. I've tried sub-ohming and lung hitting several times and it's just not for me. It seems to mute the flavor and since your taste buds are on your tongue, I believe a nice mouth-to-lung hit provides better flavor. And you really can't get much better than the Subtank Mini with the higher ohm coil. If you start thinkin' about a secondary tank, I'd recommend the GS Air M tank by eLeaf. Great tank for a poultry $10 bones.

One last thing...VW juices are good but I've found them to be a bit stronger than most others. They provide a little more punch in both lung hit and flavor so keep that in mind if you become overwhelmed. You might just need a more mild juice. And there are no shortages of good juice reseller.

Thanks for the great advice!!!

As far as juice goes, the options are seemingly endless, and to be honest, a bit overwhelming. I had a much easier time choosing the HW than I did my first juice purchase.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    Congrats and that's a good setup you got going for you. We all started I think with something like an EVOD, even me but it didn't last long haha. Glad to see you found a shop that more about helping you instead of trying to make a profit and sell you something you didn't need. It's rare in a vape shops it seems now. Also, good luck on your journey now and no need to apologize for a long post. It was an amazing thing to read this afternoon.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2015
    Georgia
    Also, good luck on your journey now and no need to apologize for a long post. It was an amazing thing to read this afternoon.

Thanks for the encouragment! Only been a member here a few hours but I already feel like I have found the place I need to be to help me get through all of this! I am very happy I signed up instead of just lurking! :thumbs:

rgerber

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Prescott, AZ USA
    Hi,

I just created an account so that I could stop lurking and introduce myself. I have been smoking a pack of cigarettes daily for 15 years. I have attempted to quit on several occasions, and the longest I was able to make it was 3 months. The nicotine gum didn't work for me. It just tastes horrible, and the patch was no help at all. The 2 problems that are the hardest for me to overcome have been the habit of smoking, and using it as a crutch to help relieve stress.

Since I have been smoking my entire adult life, everything has always included cigarettes - having a cigarette in the morning with coffee, after a meal, taking a break from the desk at work, road trips, drinking. I could go on and on. That whole routine has seemed insurmountable to change.

Smoking has also been my go to when trying to relax, decompress, and think. Every time that I have quit, that has always been what brings me back to smoking. Something happens that causes anxiety, and at the time, the only thing that I rationalize at the moment is to buy a pack of cigarettes.

I do honestly really want to quit!!! I cannot stand smelling so horrible. I hate the stains i get on my teeth. I hate the amount of money it all costs. It really bothers me that I routinely harm my body, and probably shorten my life, and I feel powerless to change it.

That was all up until last week.

Last week I was given an EVOD battery with a T3S tank from a friend that had tried vaping and didn't enjoy it. I took it to a local Vape shop, and spoke with them quit a bit. They educated me on the vaping basics, and were all ex-smokers themselves. This was all extremely encouraging. They replaced the coil in my T3S hooked me up with a bottle of vanilla custard with 18mg nic and showed me how to use it. They informed me that the device I had was pretty much the most entry level device and encouraged me to purchase something better, but I decided that I wanted to try Vaping first and see if it was something that could help me stop smoking.

Immediately after starting to use this device, I went from smoking 20 to 4-5 daily. I am getting the nicotine that i crave. I do not smell bad, and it seems cheaper. I was super excited that I may have found the solution to keep me away from cigarettes permanently.

I found ECF over the weekend and spent almost the entire weekend reading. After a couple days of research, it seemed like the general consensus was in line with what the B&M store told me. To give myself the best opportunity to quit smoking, I needed to make a better investment in hardware. After much more reading, I chose the HW, a HW vendor, and decided on VW for my first e-juice order.

From MVS I ordered:
    Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit
    2) LG HG2 18650
    Nitecore Digicharger D2
    Spare O-ring Set
    5 spare coils

From VW I ordered a sample pack. Everything is 12mg 50/50:
    Sweet Complexity
    (S+C)2
    Smurf Cake
    On Cloud Custard
    Vanilla Clouds
    Fruity Freeze

USPS says that everything will be delivered today!

I am very excited that i feel like I finally have the upper hand on my addiction, and I think I will finally be able to give cigarettes the boot!!!

Sorry for the long winded introduction, but thanks for being here to listen! What a great community you guys have here! I am on many other forums for other topics, and haven't seen a single one that it so supportive!!

I am happy to have found you. I'm sure questions will arise, and your forum appears to be the best resource that there is!

Thanks!!!
    Welcome Home to the ECF Family! You are well on you way towards a cig free life and you picked just the right thing to help you do it. Keep us posted on your journey!!

Reactions: jjatl

Needo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2011
    Amarillo, Tx.
    I will have to agree with ElectriSean that rebuilding isn't something to be scared of. The biggest advantage of rebuildables is that you can change out the wick quickly to get fresh flavor after getting a burnt hit. Or when your coil gets gunked up, just remove the wick burn off the gunk and replace the wick and you are ready to go again. If you don't like fiddling with stuff, you could hold off on the RBAs for a while. But if you like tinkering with things, It is best to get an RBA early. Watch some videos and then possibly get creative and try out some ideals. It is all about self entertainment.

Congrats on the vaping! Don't sweat it if you have a few cigs every once in a while. Pressure is your biggest enemy.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thanks for the great advice!!!

As far as juice goes, the options are seemingly endless, and to be honest, a bit overwhelming. I had a much easier time choosing the HW than I did my first juice purchase.
    It really is and oddly enough, while I'm about the most non-picky person when it comes to food, I'm REALLY picky about my juice. And I just realized while I was reading your reply that I'm one year off the analogs. And honestly, since I've started vaping, I haven't had the urge. So take heart...I've been smoking on and off for like 30 years. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread