Newbie to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
Hi all,
I am a 20 year smoker and my GF bought me a e cig kit from a mall vendor. It's called smoke to live. She paid an outlandish amount of money for everything appx 225 for a kit with two batteries, charger, case, a container of liquid and a few boxes of cartomizers. After reading some posts here she early got duped. With that said I can say I've been mostly smoking the e cig but sometimes have a couple real cigs.
I'm a heavy smoker 1.5 packs a day and up.
I'm interested in continuing to vape for obvious health reasons. What is the best alternative to the real thing. I've seen lots of different styles of e cigs etc. I'd like to keep my current setup seeing she paid a lot for it. I believe it's a 4081 setup. I also have a kit from a few years back from a company called vapor4life but it seems the parts aren't interchangeable. Any suggestions on what to do and what to buy for these setups?

Thanks in advance!

dhughey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Memphis, TN
I'm unfamiliar with the product, but i wanted to jump in and say welcome. It's a better way to live. And as far as smoking a few here and there, i did it for weeks after i started vaping. Smoke when you want, eventually you will stop. I just ran out one day and didn't buy any on the way to work a 12 hour shift. Haven't smoked since. Everyone is different, but every cig you dont pick up is a healthier choice. Congrats, and dont worry about the money. If you quit smoking and paid that much it will pay itself off. 7dollars a day for 30 day is 210 dollars.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Great to see so many newbies, myself included. I can't help you with those products, but you may be able to figure out something compatible by reading the archives here. Congrats on cutting back, and don't sweat the money spent. It's a priceless symbol of your GF's feelings for you, and if it helps keep you from smoking, money well spent.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Welcome to the forum, Gaspar, and you too, NicoHog. Yes, those mall kits are overpriced, but kudos to your GF, Gaspar, for caring enough to get one for you! If it keeps you from smoking even one cigarette, it was worth it.

Hold on to your original vaping equipment, even after you upgrade. Everyone needs backups, at several layers. Also, check forum threads and online vendors: there are adaptors available that allow you to use pieces of different systems with each other.

Good luck to you both, and welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! :vapor:

brettreed01

Jul 13, 2013
Costa Mesa
I started off with a kit from V2 which are basically like "real" cigarettes. The .... is the disposable cartridge (liquid) and the rest is a rechargeable battery. Had it for two days and hated it. Then I got an ego c twist and my life has never been the same. Pop a kanger pro tank on there, get a few juices you really like (very important) with right dosage of nicotine and you'll be good to go.

I havent even thought about smoking a cig for 3 weeks!

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
welcome to ecf. can you post a pic of your new set up with a close up of the battery connection. the pros on here can probably tell you what you have. i am hoping it is a 510, but if not, then you can buy adaptors. do you have a local vape shop? they could tell you what kind of threading it is.

notdanielbutdaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I'm also new to vaping, got the Kangertech Evod which I'm liking a lot. I once tried using a twisp electronic cigarette, I don't remember the model but what I'm finding a lot more enjoyable about the EVOD is that it's got quite a bit of vape and throat burn - which I think is key to overcoming the psychological ciggie cravings.

Basically 28 hours and counting since my last "smoke" :)

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Can someone suggest a decent setup for me.

Hey, Gaspar! I'm sort of chuckling, because you're going to be getting a bazillion replies suggesting a megazillion "decent setups" :lol:

There are hundreds of vendors online for you to research. I'm going to recommend my favorite vendor for vaping hardware, VaporKings Tulsa Oklahoma Electronic Cigarettes Supplies. They carry some RN4081s, as well as several eGo kits and batteries and accessories (and lots of other stuff too). I especially like this vendor because their descriptions and instructions are complete and easy to understand, and their videos are helpful too. My "decent setup" suggestion for you is the eGo series. They are basic but definitely a step up from cigalikes. They also sell a selection of e-liquids.

As far as refilling your 4081 carts, pop off the end cap and check the white "filling." If it looks wet (slushy), it's good to go. If it looks dry, add drops of juice till liquid just starts to pool on top. Let it sit for a minute or so, replace end cap, wipe off the battery end, and voila...

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I'm also new to vaping, got the Kangertech Evod which I'm liking a lot. I once tried using a twisp electronic cigarette, I don't remember the model but what I'm finding a lot more enjoyable about the EVOD is that it's got quite a bit of vape and throat burn - which I think is key to overcoming the psychological ciggie cravings.

Basically 28 hours and counting since my last "smoke" :)

Congratulations on your "first 28," daniel, and welcome to ECF! Never heard of twisp, but it sounds like with your EVOD you're on the right track to Happy Vaping! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum :thumbs: :vapor: :thumbs:

iloveunicorns

Jul 14, 2013
Fillmore
From what appear your transitioning from cigarettes to vaping. The question how do you like vaping. I quite cold turkey and strictly went to vaping. My husband has been in the game for quite sometime now. I'm a late bloomer because I was stubborn. I have a Nemesis and Doc Dave TI Turbine set up and love it. It a 22mm mod. I tried an eGo and the difference in performance is day and night. The nemesis X Turbine combo hits harder.

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
I love vaping. I find it very enjoyable. I'm just overwhelmed by all the options and lingo etc. I'd like to get a good answer on what's a step up from my "smoke to live" e cig which looks like a cig and is a rn4081. I'd like to get something better but not too complicated either. My head is spinning. Can anyone suggest a good and easy setup?

notdanielbutdaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Congratulations on your "first 28," daniel, and welcome to ECF! Never heard of twisp, but it sounds like with your EVOD you're on the right track to Happy Vaping! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum :thumbs: :vapor: :thumbs:

Thanks Ania the Agent, appreciated ! :)

MGates

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Collingdale PA
If you are looking to salvage from what you already have (can't comment on your newer kit because I'm not familiar with the threading), Vapor4life gear is 808 threaded. If you have batteries that are still functioning and want to keep using them in the mean time, I'd suggest picking up some 808 threaded E-smart clearos. VaporKings has them and I think they are around $13 for 5 of them. They work much better than cartomizers IMO. If you're looking for a new set up entirely, you may want give more detail about the things that would be important to you in a new set up (price range, size, ease of use, compatibility with existing gear, etc) to give other forum members a better guide when providing advice. You may want to look in to an EVOD kit (I love mine and you can find them at around $40 for the 650mAh) or look in to Ego batteries and different clearomizers (T3s, MT3s,protank, etc), Hope this helps some

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
Just to update, I went with a couple Ego c twists from Joytech and Kanger T3S clearomizers. So far very happy. I got a 650mah and a 1000mah. I like the size of the 650 better as its a lil smaller than the 1000mah and I've been vaping basically all day on it and still working. I heard some only getting 4-6 hrs on it. I have been vaping all day with it. I keep volts around 3.4-3.6 mostly. I'm not crazy about some juice I got so have been vaping the bottle of juice I got from my original e cig. It's the smoke to live juice. I enjoy it. I'm on the hint for something similar. It's s bit caramel lil vanilla. The Mr Brown I got is close but throws a menthol hit to it and gives me a headache from it. Soi guess the chase for good juice begins or I just continue to pay top dollar for the "smoke to live" juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread