Nicotine Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me'hia

May 1, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Like most new vapors I began at a 24mgs of nicotine and fast dropped to 18mgs. Since I was getting sick to my stomach from 18mgs, I dropped to 6mgs. Then I dropped again to 3mgs. I have to stop vaping about two hours before I can sleep at night even on 3mgs. I am using the cool fire IV 40watt mod with a triton mini tank or the iSub tank. I been searching for an e-liquid company that sells a good e-liquid at 1 1/2 mgs nicotine or even 2mgs. I can not find any e-liquid company that sells these lower levels of nicotine. So my only solution has been to mix my tanks with 1/2 3mgs and 1/2 0mgs. Does anyone know a company that sells e-liquid with less then 3mgs but not 0mgs of nicotine?

Repectfully,

Me'hia

Me'hia

May 1, 2016
Hello Again, I don't seem to understand after reading article after article on nicotine levels how much nicotine I am actually getting. If I vape 5 one ml tanks a day with 3mg nicotine. Is this 15mg of nicotine a day or less. I am using iSub or triton mini. Does anyone out there know the real answer? Or is it less because it is vape and not real cigs? Thanks for all the input and nice to find some great answers.
Respectfully,
Me'hia

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Here's the real answer, from the conclusion of the only paper I know which has experimentally looked at nicotine delivery across a range of devices: Nicotine delivery, retention and pharmacokinetics from various electronic cigarettes - St.Helen - 2015 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

E-cigarettes can be highly efficient as nicotine delivery de- vices, delivering levels of nicotine comparable to or higher than tobacco cigarettes with similar high levels of systemic retention. The plasma nicotine Cmax after 15 puffs was, on average, lower than available data on smoking one tobacco cigarette, suggesting that not all nicotine inhaled and retained is being absorbed through the lungs. However, several participants had Cmax in the reported range of to- bacco cigarettes. E-cigarette use increased heart rate, and subjectively reduced withdrawal, urge to smoke, and was described as satisfying. Based on pharmacokinetic consid- erations, e-cigarettes have the potential to produce and sustain nicotine addiction, as well as to provide an effective alternative source of nicotine for tobacco cigarette users.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Linu

Apr 27, 2016
eLicky is right... If you want your "juices" the way you actually want to vape them, and pay for it accordingly, you make them yourself... Or have it done by someone who knows how to dabble with chemicals... I have a friend, who's made almost everything you can at home.... and more, chemically speaking.. :) And I got my current e-juice from him.. custom made.. And now those faint of heart and easily bored stop reading now and skip to the end.... :D (marked with stars. :D)

My e-juice is supposed to be 30mg (mostly PG)... And I'm not dead.. yet. Because when I smoked, I smoked A LOT... and I quit "cold turkey". There was asthma and I had to take even COPD meds to be able breathe without constantly coughing, or having that tickling feeling in your throat that anytime soon you'll cough your lungs out...

Right after I started vaping I just didn't want those analog-cigs anymore... So after some time I noticed that those little 10ml or even those a bit "less little" 30ml bottles of 24mg e-juice from Spain, were a) driving me to bankruptcy b)I was vaping just about as often as I smoked.. And that was all the time.. With substandard gear.... So one of my best friends just happened to be a gearhead and a nerd, just like me, was making his own e-juices... And we "agreed" that I'll get e-juices of flavours I liked with the kick I needed and the money involved was that of a few trademarked 30ml bottles WITH postage... Now I'm 330ml richer with e-juices like 30mg wild straw berries, and e-juice with same kick with flavour of oranges.. and something that's supposed to be berries, but my taste buds are so wonky that to me it tastes like milk chocolate.. :D

Haven't had any nausea or any other complications.. (except for the total loss of hunger... almost).. And When in real need, I take a hit with iStick 50W at 30W with 0,5 ohms... - Straight to lungs... not mouth to lungs - that'll last for almost an hour... and if there's any little urges I use my first "e-cig device.. a Spinner 2" and vape just a little bit of that chocolate-berry..30mg of course...

And yeah.. No more asthma of any kind... I just must've been very allergic to some particles (from oxidized chemicals they've put in...) there is in currently sold tobacco... U know that there is over 2000 (some say over 4000) different chemicals in modern cigarettes... No more inhalers, but there still one asthma med I take that's in pill form, but as soon as possible I'll stop that one too, if it's ok with the doctors... And when the time is right I'll start lowering the dosage...

RANTING stops now: :D

You get to lower you nicotine dosage just the way you need/want, with the flavours you want, and it's VERY cheap... And actually all you need is a piece of paper, a pencil (these are for the math you'll do ;) ), rubber gloves, some kitchen utensils, maybe a siphon or two, a few different size syringes (they're really cheap at your local pharmacy, without the needle part of course, or a dull one) and bottles....both big and small... (The big ones for storage and mixing and the little ones for refilling your e-cigs, you'll want a dripper cap (an intermediary under the real cap) on those) :D... And a standard or above IQ...
I haven't looked, but I'm fairly certain that there's all kinds of flicks on the subject in YouTube...

Or a chemist/"chemist". :D

But it is you who has to order the supplies and pay for them... At least here in Finland...

Damn it and JC.. I started rambling on again...Sorry for any extra ranting. :/

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hello Again, I don't seem to understand after reading article after article on nicotine levels how much nicotine I am actually getting. If I vape 5 one ml tanks a day with 3mg nicotine. Is this 15mg of nicotine a day..

15mg is what is in your liquid. You can't get all 15mg through vaping. I always felt 25%-50% would be an educated guess, but only a guess. For my personal use, I use 33% as I smoked 18mg a day (according to the cigarette maker yield on the packet) and used about 3ml of 18mg per day for the first year.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't know of anybody who commercially produces juice at that level. There are custom shops who will, or you can make it yourself. The easy way is to buy a bottle of 3mg and a bottle of 0mg in the same flavor, and mix them. This is easier to do, and works better, than trying to mix in the tank.

Reactions: supertrunker

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Like most new vapors I began at a 24mgs of nicotine and fast dropped to 18mgs. Since I was getting sick to my stomach from 18mgs, I dropped to 6mgs. Then I dropped again to 3mgs. I have to stop vaping about two hours before I can sleep at night even on 3mgs. I am using the cool fire IV 40watt mod with a triton mini tank or the iSub tank. I been searching for an e-liquid company that sells a good e-liquid at 1 1/2 mgs nicotine or even 2mgs. I can not find any e-liquid company that sells these lower levels of nicotine. So my only solution has been to mix my tanks with 1/2 3mgs and 1/2 0mgs. Does anyone know a company that sells e-liquid with less then 3mgs but not 0mgs of nicotine?

Repectfully,

Me'hia
There are many advantages to DIY including fine tuning nic level. I also use a low flavor percent which still tastes fine but doesn't stink up my clothing if there is a leak.

The smoke from one cigarette exposes you to 1 mg of nic. The amount of that you absorb may vary. I vape 7 ml per day with 10 mg nic per ml so I'm exposed to 70 mg of nic. I used to smoke 25 cigarettes a day. I'm sure there is more nic in my system today than when I was smoking.

Another advantage of DIY is the money you save. My DIY cost of ingredients is 1.2 cents per ml, 8 cents a day, $30 a year.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I've got a similar situation, I tried DIY but could only get 48mg nic locally, and not really sure I want to mess with anything stronger, but by the time I flavored it I was down to 24mg, which wasn't enough for me.
I'm vaping 36mg NET juice now and occasionally it gets too much for me, but 24 isn't enough. So I got some local juice at 3mg that I use to sweeten up the NET juice and it's hitting me just about right.
I've always wondered why they went in such large steps in the higher levels myself, I guess they go on a percentage factor?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Dr. Crimmy sells 1.5mg and .75mg

Dr. Crimmy's V-Liquid - DrCrimmy.com

Mr. E-Liquid sells 1.5mg

Premium E-Liquid - Mister-E-Liquid

So does Bombies

Welcome to Bombies -

ETA: Here are more:

E-cigarettes, E-liquid, Juice, Hardware, and Vape supplies | Mitten Vapors
Cloud Provisions E-liquid - Premium and Inexpensive.
VAPE WILD | Best E-Juice Shop, Free Shipping, Free E Cigarette Liquid
The Vapor Chef

There are more vendors out there, it just takes some searching. I saw one the other day that sold 2mg, but I can't remember the name.

Last edited:

Ryan Johnson

Apr 9, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Repectfully,

Me'hia
I had the same problem. I found a website called vape wild, and they don't use diactyl or anyrging. Also, it's 2.99 for a 10 ml bottle and 4 bucks for a 20 ml 6.99 for a 30 ml. There is a lot more great prices also . What I like the most about them is they give you the opportunity to get 1.5 mg of nic and also, you can choose the pg/vg ratio. Have a good day!

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
just bought from fuzion vapor and they seem to be selling 1.5mg juice now. I know before they didn't at least not last when I bought which was I think 2 years ago. I bought from prime selection which is basically higher vg for dripping but they have regular selection as well prime selection has same flavors but much less as I believe they recently started doing the prime.

they also make some good juice most common being krankberry and unicorn blood. tried unicorn blood it was amazing if you enjoy fruit punch and this time I bought krankberry and limited time purple pieman but can't tell you how they are. I hear krankberry is also great probably there 2nd best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread