no smoke from my less than 24 hr old dune e-cig! (and no blue light!)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Wolfwing, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wolfwing

Wolfwing New Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Ottawa
    so yesterday I decided to try a Dune tobacco flavoured disposable e-cig, after a friend from work had a similar disposable e-cig. It tasted ok and worked well, and I smoked less... while it lasted. About half an hour ago it suddenly stopped working. I took off the sticky plastic covering (i have a habit of taking things apart) yesterday so i was able to see how much water was left in it. It is more than half full, so my guess is that the battery stopped working...
    can anyone give me advice on what happened or if it is better to buy those refillable ones without predetermined flavour? they just seem so expensive!

2. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    More expensive than buying one one day and throwing it away the next?

3. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Although it may seem expensive, in the beginning, to buy a real kit, like an eGo, in the long run it will be cheaper, unless you get the urge to buy everything new that comes along, LOL.

4. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Yes, it sounds like the battery stopped working.

And the refillable ones are far cheaper in the long run.
    And also, if you get a good one, far better.

5. wasabi5858

wasabi5858 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    It's like, why buy packs at gas station when you can buy a carton... not like that will be your last pack...

6. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    It's too expensive to buy a carton. ;)

7. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    The problem OP is having is in the description: Disposable.

These are not made to last, they're made to keep you going in a buying more. You should look into investing in at least 2 rechargeables, if not a starter kit. Getting something you can refill yourself with some juice will definitely save you more money in the long run than using disposables. The initial investment is definitely daunting, but you have to look at it as just that: An investment. These aren't cigarettes, they don't get used just once and tossed in the bin.

To put it in perspective: Up here a couple batteries (plus charger) will run you 40-50$. The batteries are the most expensive single cost and will last you 6-24 months. (depending on use) The liquid deliveries average around 5-10$/week, software/juice is ~5-10$/week. These are the upper range of prices, definitely not what you'll be paying if you look around for a little bit first.

Poke around here, you'll see a plethora of suggestions and help. If you ask and list your price range (I recommend basing it on 1 month of tobacco use) and size you'd prefer (directly related to battery life before recharge) the answers will start coming in. Any other information such as how much you currently smoke can be handy also.

The folk here are quite knowledgeable and more than willing to help you get started.

8. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Vaping Guide | Guide To Vaping

Read this. Buy better stuff than what you have. Vape away. Suppliers Tab up top^^^^^.

When, if, you come back- hang out awhile on the thread you started, we can help you more that way.

9. Wolfwing

Wolfwing New Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Ottawa
    Thanks for all the advice! Thought I'd give the post a couple hours to get an audience. I think I will order online. Someone recommended eGo; does anyone else have recommendations?
    also, hahaha i know right? obviously it's more logical to buy the starter kit or something, and I wasn't planning on buying another disposable if they're that poor of quality...
    Thanks again. I probably won't check on this again till tomorrow night, since I'll be busy till then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.