no smoke from my less than 24 hr old dune e-cig! (and no blue light!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwing

Aug 26, 2012
Ottawa
so yesterday I decided to try a Dune tobacco flavoured disposable e-cig, after a friend from work had a similar disposable e-cig. It tasted ok and worked well, and I smoked less... while it lasted. About half an hour ago it suddenly stopped working. I took off the sticky plastic covering (i have a habit of taking things apart) yesterday so i was able to see how much water was left in it. It is more than half full, so my guess is that the battery stopped working...
can anyone give me advice on what happened or if it is better to buy those refillable ones without predetermined flavour? they just seem so expensive!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
The problem OP is having is in the description: Disposable.

These are not made to last, they're made to keep you going in a buying more. You should look into investing in at least 2 rechargeables, if not a starter kit. Getting something you can refill yourself with some juice will definitely save you more money in the long run than using disposables. The initial investment is definitely daunting, but you have to look at it as just that: An investment. These aren't cigarettes, they don't get used just once and tossed in the bin.

To put it in perspective: Up here a couple batteries (plus charger) will run you 40-50$. The batteries are the most expensive single cost and will last you 6-24 months. (depending on use) The liquid deliveries average around 5-10$/week, software/juice is ~5-10$/week. These are the upper range of prices, definitely not what you'll be paying if you look around for a little bit first.

Poke around here, you'll see a plethora of suggestions and help. If you ask and list your price range (I recommend basing it on 1 month of tobacco use) and size you'd prefer (directly related to battery life before recharge) the answers will start coming in. Any other information such as how much you currently smoke can be handy also.

The folk here are quite knowledgeable and more than willing to help you get started.

Wolfwing

Aug 26, 2012
Ottawa
Thanks for all the advice! Thought I'd give the post a couple hours to get an audience. I think I will order online. Someone recommended eGo; does anyone else have recommendations?
also, hahaha i know right? obviously it's more logical to buy the starter kit or something, and I wasn't planning on buying another disposable if they're that poor of quality...
Thanks again. I probably won't check on this again till tomorrow night, since I'll be busy till then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread