Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Thank you so much for these instructions! And thank you, LMT, for directing me to this thread.

I tried this last night. I was discouraged at first because I wasn't getting any more vapor than I had been. So I added more liquid, which flooded it, and it retaliated by spewing nasty liquid at me again. I came back here to learn how to fix a flooded atty, started over, and voila! Vapor!

I still want to try the BFD mod so that I'm not having to drip constantly. However, at least now I know that *something* will work for me, I have a way to use my eGo while I wait on the blue foam, and I have an alternative ready if the BFD doesn't work for me.
Hi Jo. Concerning the BFD mod. I'm so sure that it works that if you try to make one and it doesn't work, I'll make some for you and send them to you. I've done this for a couple other folks who had trouble and I'm awaiting their feedback. The only thing I ask is that prior to my doing the work for you, you give it a try yourself.

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
My thoughts after experimenting with The SuperT SS T-Tip with the larger opening for a few hours.

I would say this is a nice mouthpiece if you don't mind taking it off everytime you drip, or if you don't mind using a syringe or a needle nose squeeze bottle to drip.

Here's how I came to this conclusion -

I did this over 15 times using multiple attys, and using up to 5 drops of eliquid.

I first blew out my atty, took a couple of drags to make sure it was dry, added 2 drops of eliquid directly to the addy bridge and placed the SS T-Tip with the larger opening on, I immediately got a nice drag with flavor and vapor. I then did the same thing to the addy, added 2-5 drops of eliquid this time dropping the eliquid through the mouthpiece and took a drag, I didn't get anything but a tiny bit of flavor and vapor. I took a few more drags and still didn't get much.

Last edited:

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
Hi Jo. Concerning the BFD mod. I'm so sure that it works that if you try to make one and it doesn't work, I'll make some for you and send them to you. I've done this for a couple other folks who had trouble and I'm awaiting their feedback. The only thing I ask is that prior to my doing the work for you, you give it a try yourself.

Thank you, Pete! That's a very kind offer.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
LMT, I've been having that problem in general. Try holding the battery end and shaking it; that seems to move the liquid from the bottom of the atty back up to the mesh.

I've also tried vaping with the battery end held higher than the atty, and this also seems to do that. What is weird, is you can detect the difference in draw resistance and vapor production if you move the battery end up while you're actually vaping (I direct inhale, so I have plenty of time to discern the difference).

A couple of strong sharp draws effects it as well.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I have tried this method, and I am really fond of this method over using a cart, or over using a cart filled with your own liq. Reasons are simple. Better vape, bigger TH, better draw, and it lasts about 10-15 hits which is same as analog. So you're not smoking more than you should, if you're at your desk at work, its easy to drip or dip when you're ready to throw a vape back

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
I made a modification to the LMTM(Gutted cartride Mod), some might like it.

I tried this before but the mouthpiece came out a bit unstable when in the atty. This time I cut the bottom flat sections off with an exacto knife instead of the entire bottom section, I left a mm or a bit less on each side so the remaining side pieces weren't flimsy. I then used an exacto knife to cut away the slits. I tried using a drill like before but I kept messing it up, I'm sure it can be done easily, I just couldn't do it. I then taped a piece of sandpaper to a drill bit, rolled it around, and then sanded the inside of the mouthpiece. Now the inside is completely hollow, and it's stable when it's on the atty. And like always, I cut a couple of mm off the bottom prior to doing this.

Mine has a metal cover which doesn't serve any purpose but to look nice.

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
That looks pretty sweet, LMT. Thanks for the pics, I've been wondering how the inside of those things look. I'm surprised it feels so good on the lips, though: I guess I assumed it would be kind of cold and hard. I'm going to have to get one, now.

I would really like your opinion on this since so many others are saying they're having great success dripping through this. Please post your review of it if you decide to get one.

And if you'd like I can let you borrow mine to test out.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I would really like your opinion on this since so many others are saying they're having great success dripping through this. Please post your review of it if you decide to get one.

And if you'd like I can let you borrow mine to test out.

I'll get one, but it may be awhile until I can get to it. I'm out of town for extended periods because of my job. I'm leaving again tomorrow, probably be gone a few weeks. I'll get online every now and then, but I'll be away from my snail-mail box. :)

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
Regarding my SS Tip review -

I think the problem I was having resulted from my way of dripping and vaping, before I received the T-tip I'd always vape until the atty was almost dry because I'd almost always switch to another flavor and didn't want the flavors to get mixed too much. I decided today to just use one flavor and drip prior to any dropoff in vapor, it works well this way. I think if you vape this way the tip is well made for dripping. I apologize for the confusion.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Yeah, I tried to remove the (fiberglass?) fibers under the heater coil after reading another thread about how much better that is for dripping, but I just broke the atty. I won't be trying that again soon.

wait, how did you break the atty? remember, even if you broke the wire mesh, or broke the atty bridge, Phee (user) on here was able to remove the entire mesh wire, and bridge, and just left the heating coil exposed and just dripped right on the heating coil and got huge amounts of vape. I did it myself one of my old attys and it started working great once i was getting juice right on the coil. i guess the mesh and surrounding mesh was filled with so much gunk, the atty couldnt product any more vapor....so removing the mesh actually helped me.

but how do you think you broke your atty? what happened? and does the coil still get hot or get power ? what happens when you try to hit the button and turn it on?

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
wait, how did you break the atty? remember, even if you broke the wire mesh, or broke the atty bridge, Phee (user) on here was able to remove the entire mesh wire, and bridge, and just left the heating coil exposed and just dripped right on the heating coil and got huge amounts of vape. I did it myself one of my old attys and it started working great once i was getting juice right on the coil. i guess the mesh and surrounding mesh was filled with so much gunk, the atty couldnt product any more vapor....so removing the mesh actually helped me.

but how do you think you broke your atty? what happened? and does the coil still get hot or get power ? what happens when you try to hit the button and turn it on?

The one atty where I removed the bridge didn't create vapor as well as my others and it spit up sometimes.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Maybe I should look into that more closely... I was trying to tease the fiberglass wick out from under the heater coil with a toothpick and some pointy tweezers (it was an old used atty, it was all black). I gave up, thinking it would work better on a new one. Then I tried using it, and got no heat at all. I just figured I broke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread