Noobie question cause i cant process

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by sumiquatchim, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

So they say that you dont need a low ohm for clouds on a dna 30, but why do you need lower builds for something like a hex ohm box mod or any other ones ? this question caught my eyes as i was unable to know why.

2. EuroChris

EuroChris Senior Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Because of the voltage limitation. The HexOhm Box only goes to 6V.

So, if you build any higher than .72Ohms, you won't get to 50w. A DNA30 goes to 8.3V, and with that you can't build any higher than 2.29Ohms if you want to max it out at 30w.

3. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

But ohms dont matter in a box mod. So ... ? And at 8.5 volts on a dna30 you should be having more vapor. Help ?

4. EuroChris

Supporting member
    Ohms and Voltage decides the wattage. If your mod(box or tube, it doesn't matter) only has a maximum voltage output of 6V, you need to build a coil low enough so you can get your desired wattage.

On a DNA30, you set the wattage, not the voltage.

5. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

Then whats the case on the ipv2 ? how does that work ?

6. EuroChris

Supporting member
    You set the wattage on the IPV2

7. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

so if i use a 0.3 ohm on a cana modz and a 0.8 ohm build both at 30 watts. Will there be a difference in terms of vapor or is it the same ? If so then why do they show you your voltage aswell although you cant adjust it.

8. EuroChris

Supporting member
    No difference.Not much need for voltage to be shown, but it's nice to see how close you are to the voltage limit.

9. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

Thank you very muuuch ! Btw should i go for a cana modz 70$ as my next step after a starter kit ?

10. sumiquatchim

sumiquatchim Moved On

And one more. I want to achieve a 0.83 ohm coil/resistance. I am using 28 gauge. On the steam engine it tells me the wraps for a dual one. But i dont know what to wrap it around, i got a bunch of screwdrivers and scrap in this big box but dont know what i have to wrap it around.

11. EuroChris

Supporting member
    I'd go for Vaporshark rDNA, if I was in the market for a 30w mod. Alternatives are Sigelei 30w, Sigelei 50w and IPV1&2. There's also the Cloupor, but I haven't read up on it, so I can't say yay or nay.

I use this site, as I think it has a better user interface: Coil Toy - Online calculator for e-cigarette resistance coil building

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.